The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Drakiis Scam? - 05/12/08 11:47 PM
Quote:

MICROSOFT AWARD TEAMMicrosoft Corporation#1 Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052.Ref: BTD/968/06Batch: 409978E.

Dear Lucky winner,

WINNING NOTIFICATION
The prestigious Microsoft Award has set out and successfully organised a Sweepstakes for our email owners for the month of May, 2008.£100,000,000.00 (One Hundred Million Great British Pounds) is been rolled out to all our email account owners. Participants for the draws were randomly selected and drawn from a wide range of web hosts which we enjoy their patronage. Your email was luckily drawn by a computer ballot system as one of our winners in our experimental lottery bonanza from the prestigous MICROSOFT ONLINE PROMOTION. Thus,making you the winner. Your email address as indicated was drawn and attached to ticket numberxxxxxxxxxxxx with serial numbers BTD/xxxxxxxxxx/06 and drew the lucky numbers 14-25-25-31-49-47(10) which subsequently won you £1,000,000.00GBP ( One Million Great British Pounds) as one of the jackpot winners in this draw. You have therefore won the total sum of £1,000,000.00GBP ( One Million Great British Pounds).Note that you are tokeep this winning notification confidential from everyone and your winning lucky number for future claims.Please Contact our Disgnated Fiduciary Agent For Your Winning Prize.DRJOHN MARTINS.E-mail: [Email]johnmartins_claimsagent14@yahoo.com.hkTEL[/Email] NO: +44 703 191 3301

***************************************************KINDLY FILL BELOW YOUR DETAILS AND SEND IT TO OUR DISGNATED CLAIM AGENT.Name OfWinner:____Sex____Nationality:____Age:______Occupation::____MaritalStatus:__Tel No:_____Fax No:_____Postal Address:___Country:_____Amount Won:______Winning E-mailAddress:_____Lucky Number___ Sincerely,Dr Mrs Matida Coker jpHead Customercare ServiceMicrosoft Promotion Team

It seems like a scam to me,email seems fishy Info@Microsoft.com I edited out some of the numbers for posting reasons
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Scam? - 05/12/08 11:59 PM
the fact that it's in pounds seems fishy enough
Posted By: JetStar Re: Scam? - 05/13/08 03:57 AM
Its a scam, see below:

Sample Sweepstakes Scam Email

I hate to burst your bubble bro, but if someone wanted to give you Money, they would send Ed McMahn to your door.
Posted By: Fleeting Re: Scam? - 05/13/08 07:05 AM
There is about a million things on that showing that it's a scam but probably the most obvious is the e-mail address you are meant to contact

johnmartins_claimsagent14@yahoo.com.hk

Yahoo.com.hk lol and this is meant to be a microsoft employee.

If win a competition that you havn't entered then it's almost always a scam especially when it's Microsoft giving away almost a quarter of a billion dollars for no reason at all.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Scam? - 05/13/08 07:04 PM
I thought it was a scam, just making sure.
Posted By: Talon Re: Scam? - 05/13/08 07:26 PM
One would hope that a company like Microsoft would also produce a better written notification for such an incredible event. The bad spelling and poor grammar gives it away if nothing else.
Posted By: ZoneOni Re: Scam? - 05/13/08 08:01 PM
Oh yeah, seems like they wrote it in another langauge and then just processed it on google language tools. I get these all the time on my box, its bad stuff.
Posted By: Aviendha Re: Scam? - 05/15/08 12:05 AM
I got one the other day. Sounds like a scam to me too. You just know some poor dumb ass is going to click the link and get pwned.
© The KGB Oracle