The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Vipir WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 05/31/07 12:57 PM
https://betacenter.eamythic.com/signup.php
Posted By: Fleeting Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 05/31/07 05:34 PM
Thanks done
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/01/07 03:24 AM
In order to be eligible for beta, you must signup for the newsletter...

Unfortunately, the verification email for the newsletter is not arriving at the email address I gave. I applied this morning, and asked twice this evening for new verification emails to be sent to my email address (yes I made sure it was spelled correctly) and still NOTHING. This has never happened to me before...
Posted By: Raekwon Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/01/07 06:37 AM
Thanks for the link; I'm signed up.

Not that i'm having high hopes for the game but I believe it could be fun for around 5 months (assuming there's time to play it which will only be true if Darkfall isn't out at the time.)
Posted By: Seaelf Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/01/07 08:03 AM
thanks vipir !! nice to have you around !!
Posted By: Garal Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/01/07 04:02 PM
Quote:

In order to be eligible for beta, you must signup for the newsletter...

Unfortunately, the verification email for the newsletter is not arriving at the email address I gave. I applied this morning, and asked twice this evening for new verification emails to be sent to my email address (yes I made sure it was spelled correctly) and still NOTHING. This has never happened to me before...

Crim, their servers are probably flooded or something.. I'd say just wait a few days and if you still haven't gotten it then try again.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/02/07 01:49 AM
They shitcan your app if you can't approve it via your email address within 34 hours. Thus, if it keeps taking days and days, every app I submit won't be able to be verified....unless the server being "bogged down" ceases...=/
Posted By: Daye Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/02/07 03:22 AM
I heard Darkfall and Duke Nukem Forever were going for the same release date. . . .

Posted By: Taxman Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/02/07 04:51 PM
Quote:

They shitcan your app if you can't approve it via your email address within 34 hours. Thus, if it keeps taking days and days, every app I submit won't be able to be verified....unless the server being "bogged down" ceases...=/

Check your "SPAM" filtered email... since it is coming from a mass-mailer/anonymous/do not reply address.

When I checked my inbox nothing... but in gmail's spam... *BING* there it was!
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/02/07 07:10 PM
My spam stuff goes into the "bulk" folder. It is empty...
Posted By: Prism Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/03/07 01:53 AM
Woot sounds good.
I signed up as well.

Prism
Posted By: Leverett Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/03/07 02:40 AM
Threw in my hat too!
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/03/07 02:40 PM
Finally got a confirmation email 2 days after the fact...I clicked the confirmation link, and this is what I got, no matter what I did in the instructions:

Quote:

Confirmation Could Not Be Processed
A matching confirmation record could not be found on this server.

Confirmation was probably made earlier.
If this is this case, simply ignore this message since your request has already been confirmed.

If confirmation has not yet occurred, the confirmation URL you clicked (or you copied into the address field of your browser) may have been garbled or otherwise damaged.
If you manually copied or typed the URL into your browser, please make sure that you copied the URL exactly the same way (including case) it appeared in the confirmation e-mail.

Apparently the makers of Warhammers have teamed up with the crackheads at Vanguard to make my life a living hell. =P

Seriously, though...I just used a hotmail account and got it no problem....yahoo has issues.
Posted By: Raekwon Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/04/07 06:16 AM
Good call pointing out the spam filter, thats where mine showed up as well, in my spam box.
Posted By: Elph Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/05/07 01:07 AM
i use yahoo had no issues
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/05/07 02:53 AM
I used two different yahoo accounts. Either its my IP or my luck. Either way, this had never happened before. Not that excited about Warhammer in either case, so whatev.
Posted By: Slinger Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/05/07 05:58 PM
I have a RL buddy who just got into the beta and I told him he should swing my the forums here and register and roll with you guys who get accepted...
Posted By: Prism Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/07/07 06:13 AM
Anyone know how many they are going to accecpt in there testing phases ?
Posted By: Wildcard Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/19/07 04:32 PM
Quote from WAR's news section:

"Figured I'd pop in here and answer some questions I've seen floating around the various forums:

1) This is the Beta Registration period. It does not mean beta has started. As much as I love all the emails I'm getting from everyone out there; if you've won a slot, by whatever means, we'll contact you when the time comes to actually start testing.

2) If you have indeed won a slot, either through the newsletter, at one of the conventions, or by any other means, you do indeed still need to register through the betacenter. Just make sure to sign up with the same email you gave us.

3) Guild beta has not started yet. Don't think just because your guild hasn't been contacted that you haven't made it in. No guilds have been contacted yet. Everyone still needs to register individually. How the process will work is when we select the lucky guilds, we'll contact them with the contact email address they provided. Then the GM will gather the number of names we allocate to the guild and send us a list with their email addresses. We'll pull those people from the betacenter database.
I'll update this if anything else comes up. Thanks for all the patience waiting for this day gang, it's finally here, and WAR is right around the corner."
Posted By: Shade Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/20/07 07:48 AM
NOOOOO!! daoc II
BAD
Posted By: Raekwon Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/21/07 11:01 AM
Upgraded DAoC. this DAoC actually has real quests and it's a great questing system with how they allow people to join in on current quester's quests so everyone gets done at once.

Warhammer looks like a good void filler if you don't have a beta spot in Age of Conan or Darkfall... fun for atleast 4 months.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WARHAMMER beta sighups open - 06/21/07 01:19 PM
Don't worry, Shade. I'm after DFO/AOC for the long haul. Faction wars are too linear and elementary for my taste. I learned that with finality in WOW...
© The KGB Oracle