The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Tinqu NYC and food carts/trucks!!!! - 06/03/18 10:55 AM
Ok.... Ruffin and I are in NYC for a 2 days anniversary trip ( he has put up with me for 12yrs, someone give him a medal!)
OMFG. I have never so many food carts and trucks in one city! They are everywhere!

Yesterday was shopping and dinner at Raclette! Our hotel room over looks Times Square which is pretty cool.

Today is the 9/11 memorial and museum and a matinee to see Waitress.

We both grew up in and near big cities but NYC is unique. Sadly we don’t have much time this trip, but we will definitely come back to see some of the other things.
Posted By: Goriom Re: NYC and food carts/trucks!!!! - 06/04/18 03:19 PM
Welcome to the best city on earth and my home.

Please watch this video in full before partaking in all this city has to offer: https://youtu.be/8LmPBPWHJu4

1) If you plan to see the Statue of Liberty a free and great alternative is to take the Staten island ferry which is free, it won't take you to the island but you will be passing pretty close with some great opportunities to take photos. You can also drink on this ferry. Warning, do not get off on Staten Island.

2) Stay away from any of those characters in time square. The naked women, the naked cowboy, elmo and crew, they are scam artists and will try and rip you off.

3) Interesting NYC Museums include the Frick Gallery, Tenement Museum.

4) Top of the rock > Empire state building for views

5) Don't eat at any restaurant in or very near to time square.

6) We are extremely busy people but also very helpful, do not be afraid to approach a New Yorker if you are lost.

7) There is no reason to go to Staten Island or the Bronx (other than Bronx zoo) Stick to Manhattan, Queens, & Brooklyn

Plenty of other tips but I think this should suffice for now.
Posted By: rhaikh Re: NYC and food carts/trucks!!!! - 06/04/18 03:51 PM
Portland has some great food carts too.. I ate at this one yesterday (the Jainbing cart)

https://streamable.com/rrltd
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: NYC and food carts/trucks!!!! - 06/19/18 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tinqu
Ok.... Ruffin and I are in NYC for a 2 days anniversary trip ( he has put up with me for 12yrs, someone give him a medal!)
OMFG. I have never so many food carts and trucks in one city! They are everywhere!

Yesterday was shopping and dinner at Raclette! Our hotel room over looks Times Square which is pretty cool.

We both grew up in and near big cities but NYC is unique. Sadly we don’t have much time this trip, but we will definitely come back to see some of the other things.

Wish I would have seen this sooner; would have tried to get out there to enjoy the festivities with you guys.
That and we still have this bottle to crack open!
Posted By: Goriom Re: NYC and food carts/trucks!!!! - 06/19/18 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Romeo_Montague
Originally Posted by Tinqu

Wish I would have seen this sooner; would have tried to get out there to enjoy the festivities with you guys.
That and we still have this bottle to crack open!

Guess I'm chopped liver.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: NYC and food carts/trucks!!!! - 06/21/18 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Goriom

Guess I'm chopped liver.

Please, they came in from out of state; you live there so it's less important since you can always be seen =P
Posted By: Viria Re: NYC and food carts/trucks!!!! - 07/07/18 01:41 AM
Hope you guys had a great trip. Our 10 wedding g anniversary is this august
And I will annoy the shit out of you guys if I ever make it over there
Posted By: Goriom Re: NYC and food carts/trucks!!!! - 07/07/18 09:51 PM
better be before August 17th. Leaving for 2 weeks.
© The KGB Oracle