The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Owain Promotion Announcement - 07/18/17 04:31 PM
Barkeep. Set up a round for the house. I'm buying.

We celebrate tonight the promotion to the rank of Major, USAF, of our very own Nathaniel Wolfe, AKA Crimthan Mahr, KGB Knight of excellence!

Let's all say hello to the new Major.

HELLO, ASSHOLE!!! :)
Posted By: Derid Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/18/17 04:47 PM
HELLO ASSHOLE!

heh heh

Seriously though, grats on the promotion!
Posted By: Brommas Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/18/17 05:13 PM
Hello asshole

Congrats !!
Posted By: Gaelinon Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/19/17 01:50 AM
I haven't met you yet, but congratulations and thank you for your service!
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/19/17 03:52 PM
Grats Crim! Clearly the AF likes you more than the marines did... :D
Posted By: Owain Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/19/17 05:14 PM
The Marines liked him just fine. Honorable discharge and all. Nate worked extra to qualify for his commission, and for his subsequent promotions.

It's not a matter of likes. It's a matter of performance.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/20/17 07:12 PM
Oh, I know Owain. I was just busting his balls.
Posted By: Owain Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/20/17 09:44 PM
I know, but as the guy who wrote a recommendation letter for him to attend OTS, lo these many years ago, I had to unbust his balls, and defend my protege.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/21/17 01:12 AM
I liked Captain Wolfe better, had a nice ring to it, Nate has come a long way since I met him in person in Wisconsin at his party house during his college break after the Marines. Congratzi Brother, Army 41 kilos like myself are better suited to calling in CAS Missions
Posted By: Exey Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/21/17 05:39 AM
Congrats!
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/22/17 05:01 PM
Thanks All - and Thanks Brent (Owain) for that Letter of Recommendation all those years ago.

Many sacrifices I have made to get here (mil life isn't for everyone, let alone dating or being in a relationship with someone who is), tho the void has been filled with much excitement and crazy choices, especially of late. For instance, I'm typing this while in San Diego & Imperial Beach - revisiting old friends I haven't seen since I grew up out here, 27 years ago.

If you wonder why I may have been a ghost, it is the military whirlwind I've been in for years now. Yes I'm still here and gaming with you all has and will be some of the best times.

I look forward to meeting the new personnel and getting reacquainted with the elder.

Jet, we need to have a get together next summer or over a holiday weekend where it may be easy for all to show up. ;)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Promotion Announcement - 07/23/17 09:24 AM
Congrats Crimthan!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Promotion Announcement - 08/31/17 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Owain
The Marines liked him just fine. Honorable discharge and all. Nate worked extra to qualify for his commission, and for his subsequent promotions.

It's not a matter of likes. It's a matter of performance.

Oh please tuck it away...they give that shit away in cracker jack boxes these days.

(Seriously, grats Crim (Nathan)
© The KGB Oracle