The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Elph Quick help!! - 12/06/05 08:52 PM
Is this a decent pc, not for gaming or for me or anyting but for a friend that is just looking for a new pc because hers burnt out.

is this a good deal for what you get in a computer? http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=309776&&An=browse
Posted By: Rytz Re: Quick help!! - 12/06/05 10:59 PM
Quote:

Is this a decent pc, not for gaming or for me or anyting but for a friend that is just looking for a new pc because hers burnt out.

is this a good deal for what you get in a computer? http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=309776&&An=browse

Looks decent for the price range but I've seen similar eMachine packages with the monitor included at Walmart.

A client of mine bought an eMachine with similar specs with a 17" or 19" flat screen included.
Posted By: Grif Re: Quick help!! - 12/06/05 11:29 PM
looks ok. though you wont be able to upgrade the soundcard, usualy you wanna stay away form anything integrated. Though its not a gaming comp so its not a huge deal. other then that it looks failry well. Graphics card looks like it would be a lil low but thats not huge unless she plays games. I usualy get dells but they can be a pain to upgrade and format.
Posted By: Elph Re: Quick help!! - 12/06/05 11:57 PM
yea she doesnt play games or anything, i think they use it to websurf
Posted By: Garal Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 12:38 AM
If all she uses it for is the internet then she could probably get something even cheaper. I'm thinking like an AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, and maybe a 40gb hard drive would be more than enough.. Could probably get all that for like $300 somewhere.
Posted By: Grif Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 12:40 AM
ya could get alot cheaper they have some for school that are forthat kinda stuff at craszy deals.
Posted By: Garal Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 12:43 AM
Something like this maybe : http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=333208&pfp=BROWSE

You really really really don't need much for your average joe family.
Posted By: Elph Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 01:03 AM
yeabut they are pretty loaded

but how about compaq overall decent pc or falls apart?
Posted By: Grif Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 01:09 AM
they seem to be aight from what i know, herd that they can be a pain to upgrade but that seems any name brand package deal comp u get is like that. i dono much about that kinda stuff , just from what every one tells me when i ask haha.
Posted By: Garal Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 02:23 AM
Any computer you buy from a store is probably going to have a lot more problems than one you build yourself.
Posted By: Grif Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 02:34 AM
if you want a cheap comp get a package deal. dont try and build a cheap one they turn in to a mess with all the dif parts not being compadable. If you want the mother of all comps ya gotta build it ya self no package will do. lemme get haraa away from his gf and back trollingon the forums he knows more then i do about comps and knows more people that do .
Posted By: Garal Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 04:12 PM
You should be able to build a cheap computer easily without much problem but you wouldn't save as much money as if you were building a good computer.. So in the case of Elph's friend it would probably be much better to go with the store bought one plus since it comes with XP and a 1yr warranty.

Hell my computer was only like $650 (not including tax/shipping) for a case with 500w psu, 1gb (2x512) Corsair ram, ATI Radeon x700 pro 256mb video card, 80gb Sata150 HDD, AMD 64 3000+ 2.3ghz, and a fairly cheap Chaintech motherboard.
Posted By: Haraa Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 10:47 PM
Hey, Adam told me about this, i think your best bet is to build your own PC but if you do not have any "training" in this it would be a bad idea cause you might inflict damage on the parts and/or computer rather than upgrading it and assembeling it.. if i were you i would. Either call Compaq or Dell's Phone center services.. they can guide you to the best performance and econimic solutions

thats my 2 pennys

Huggieeez
Posted By: Elph Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 10:49 PM
lol haraa, grif is retarded, this pc isn't for me. The nerds beefed it up to talking about building computers and i was just wondering if the price of that pc is decent for what it's specs were and if compaq were crummy

i have a pc fine
Posted By: Grif Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 10:51 PM
lol idono no more :haha
Posted By: Haraa Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 10:54 PM
LOL! FU GRIF!! you over dramatizing homo!

btw compaq is de syck!
Posted By: Garal Re: Quick help!! - 12/07/05 11:56 PM
All pre-build PCs are the suck :P I don't know that many people that buy Compaq's so that may be a clue as to how good they are. Most people I know usually buy Dell's although Dell's definitely have their fair share of horror stories.
Posted By: Grif Re: Quick help!! - 12/08/05 12:47 AM
it does seem like a good deal for the price it seems
Posted By: Haraa Re: Quick help!! - 12/08/05 09:58 AM
Dell's "Ok"
© The KGB Oracle