The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Bleakwise Alboin Online - 01/08/15 10:45 PM
Derid and I were talking about Big Data and Software Enginering, as we usually do, and during a chat about Cassandra he mentiond it's what Albion Online uses. I'd never heard of Albion Online, so I googled it, and HOLY SHIT this game has "UO2" written all over it. This looks like the game "Old UO" vetts have been waiting for.

Keeping my eye on this one. I'll probably become a founder next month.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Alboin Online - 01/09/15 10:38 AM
If you were going to founderize it you should do it this month since the next test phase starts at the end of this month.

We have done testing for them in the past before they went to founder system but the biggest reason most people arent buying in is due to them still doing "test phases" instead of just leaving up a test server.

Good game but the thing to watch is the cash shop. We don't know enough about what it is going to entail.
Posted By: Goriom Re: Alboin Online - 01/09/15 02:46 PM
I guess if the game is in a very early alpha then it makes sense to just do limited testing. The thing I don't like is that sieges are 5v5? is this correct or am I misunderstanding something.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Alboin Online - 01/13/15 06:45 AM
All challenges are 5v5 although theya re adding more to the zone based castle fighting.

The game is meant to be played on tablets/phones with PC play as more of an afterthought.

We begged them to make a PC only version of the game but they feel like tablet/phone play will bring them more money.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Alboin Online - 01/13/15 06:46 AM
Also, the reason that testing "phases" are bad for them is because the game is a lot of set up. You have to harvest and harvest and harvest oh yeah...and harvest before you can start doing much.

Buildings to build, gear to craft
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Alboin Online - 01/23/15 06:07 PM
The Upkeep was far too great...
Posted By: Zhou Re: Alboin Online - 01/26/15 12:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
The Upkeep was far too great...

This. The upkeep was too much for the type of game without dropping real cash.
© The KGB Oracle