The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Vuldan ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/14/14 04:32 PM
Who knows if it will last, certainly not me. But Archeage has launched, and KGB has hit the ground running, in numbers we have not seen since the early days of Darkfall and before. With some twenty hard core returning vets, many of whose names have not graced the gaming world with a KGB tag over their head in years, NOW is the time to rejoin your brothers and sisters, come into Archeage and help us defeat our foes, drink massive amounts of beer and sail the Sea's.

Posted By: Tasorin Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/14/14 08:18 PM
Apparently the Seas are for sale. How much Chinese gold will KGB Harbor cost us?
Posted By: Zhou Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/14/14 08:34 PM
How deep are those pockets. Anything in that game has a price :)
Posted By: Owain Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/14/14 10:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Who knows if it will last, certainly not me. But Archeage has launched, and KGB has hit the ground running, in numbers we have not see since the early days of Darkfall and before. With some twenty hard core returning vets, many of whose names have not graced the gaming world with a KGB tag over their head in years, NOW is the time to rejoin your brothers and sisters, come into Archeage and help us defeat our foes, drink massive amounts of beer and sale the Sea's.

Good Lord. Vuldan Ironhand is in Archeage? How can I stay away?

Are there any sales promotions someone can benefit from if I buy the game in their name, or anything like that, or just buy in and be done? Also, is there anything I need to know regarding races or factions, or anything like that?
Posted By: Zhou Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/14/14 10:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Owain
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Who knows if it will last, certainly not me. But Archeage has launched, and KGB has hit the ground running, in numbers we have not see since the early days of Darkfall and before. With some twenty hard core returning vets, many of whose names have not graced the gaming world with a KGB tag over their head in years, NOW is the time to rejoin your brothers and sisters, come into Archeage and help us defeat our foes, drink massive amounts of beer and sale the Sea's.

Good Lord. Vuldan Ironhand is in Archeage? How can I stay away?

Are there any sales promotions someone can benefit from if I buy the game in their name, or anything like that, or just buy in and be done? Also, is there anything I need to know regarding races or factions, or anything like that?

After Tuesday, the game is F2P, so unless you want the founder rewards, it's not necessary. It has an optional subscription service for $15 which gives perks including massive labor gains. There is no referral that I know of. KGB is on server Ollo, western faction which includes Nuian or Elf as your race. Expect server queues of an hour plus atm, I'm interested to see what they do at launch Tuesday since every server is maxed out atm.
Posted By: Owain Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/14/14 10:26 PM
I guess I'll wait til after Tuesday then, since I don't much care for founder rewards.
Posted By: Heidi Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/15/14 01:23 AM
Sorry guys I've been enjoying killing people in ESO too much to go back to farming mats for whatever conquests in something that looks like Lineage II all over again. I'll catch you all in SOTA.
Posted By: Selenian Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/15/14 02:36 AM
I hear you on that one Heidi. ESO PvP is a whole lot of fun. I'm just here for the crowd =)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/15/14 03:37 AM
I'll be sailing into the sea sale Vuldan mentioned at some point I am sure... foil
Posted By: Sini Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/15/14 04:26 PM
I plan to play once day 1 queues and lag are resolved. I will pay sub, but will not grind or MT. If it possible to play this way and there is interest, I will keep playing.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/16/14 01:42 AM
I've only played a few hours and I'm 22 already. I didn't put in massive amounts of time and no grind at all, just questing my way through the world. Headed for PVP.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/16/14 02:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Apparently the Seas are for sale. How much Chinese gold will KGB Harbor cost us?

Note to self...never post from a damn device with auto correct...lol
Posted By: Vuldan Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/16/14 02:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Owain
I guess I'll wait til after Tuesday then, since I don't much care for founder rewards.

Just be aware there is an NPC in the game named Owain...I will post a pic when I get home...lol
Posted By: Owain Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/17/14 03:09 AM
BASTARD!!! Can you kill him?
Posted By: Vuldan Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/17/14 03:44 PM
Lol, I don't think so brother, it's a quest giver lol.
Posted By: Owain Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/20/14 04:57 PM
Trying to get into Archeage, but Trion and I are having issues. I can't create an account because they say my email address is already in use (probably from when I was playing Rift), and when I try to get a password reset, they tell me they have sent me an email that never arrives (not in my spam filter, either). I try to contact customer support, and they ask me to log in first.

Catch 22.

I've sent an email to a customer support address I was able to find, so we'll see what they do about it.

I'm beginning to remember why I quit Rift. Trion customer support sucks.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/20/14 05:16 PM
don't worry the fun is just beginning because once you get past that hurdle then you get to wait in 2hr queues just to make a character.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/21/14 12:21 AM
Or not make a character; finally made it through the que to find out that I could not create a character on Ollo for the time being.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/21/14 04:14 AM
Yeah they've locked down new character creation in hopes of lightening the load on Ollo and 2 other servers. It's not permanent from what they are saying so hopefully in a few days to a week, when others have given up and gone to another server, more KGB can trickle in.
Posted By: Heidi Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/22/14 04:05 PM
I have 3 ESO accounts if anyone wants to come play :)
Posted By: Tasorin Re: ARCHEAGE - THE KGB REVIVAL - 09/22/14 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Yeah they've locked down new character creation in hopes of lightening the load on Ollo and 2 other servers. It's not permanent from what they are saying so hopefully in a few days to a week, when others have given up and gone to another server, more KGB can trickle in.

In before "Trion proudly announces Patrons can server transfer for $9.99, while Free accounts will not be allowed to server transfer without a subscription."
© The KGB Oracle