The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Tasorin New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 08/18/14 05:17 PM
After 7 years of solid performance, I traded in my 2006 Dodge Charger R/T for a 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T. Some poor sap from Joint Base Lewis-McCord bought it two months ago and put 900 miles on it and then was deployed and had to give it back to the dealership. There loss, my 15k gain.

Posted By: JetStar Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 08/18/14 07:15 PM
[yes]
Posted By: Drakiis Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 08/21/14 10:09 PM
I love the look of the Challenger over the charger...
Posted By: Sini Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 08/26/14 11:14 PM
Very nice car, please tell me it a manual.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 08/27/14 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Sini
Very nice car, please tell me it a manual.

I was raised in a Muscle Car family by an old man who looks like he just rode in on a time machine from the 50's, complete with natural Pompadour and black frame glasses (before there were even Hipsters).

Yes it has the 6 speed manual transmission. It's going to the muffler shop today after work to get the factory resonators deleted and straight stainless pipe put back in.

Goes into the Dealership on Saturday to get put on the Dyno Analyzer and have the factory pre-set mode chnaged from "Economy" to "Interceptor" . The Challenger R/T's come with three factory EMC pre-sets. Economy, Performance and Interceptor. The Dodge Challenger is a common State Trooper vehicle they use for Interceptor duty.

Just those two adjustments should push the HP to 438 at the power plant and about 380 brake horse power. Hopefully with the tune change I will get an average of 18 MPG for City/Hwy. As long as I can keep from blowing Camero's and straight leg Mustangs off of the line at every light some jack monkey pulls up next to me and wants to test Black Dynamite.

Posted By: Rogee Fellblade Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 09/11/14 05:49 PM
Very nice Tas... wanna race? :D
Posted By: Tasorin Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 09/11/14 08:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Rogee Fellblade
Very nice Tas... wanna race? :D

After Black Dynamite got re-tuned and set to Interceptor it dyno'd out to 408 HP * 5750 RPM. Now I am pricing out new Scat Packs to fix the induction and throttle body and than re-tune it one last time and should be pushing 430-440HP. I refrained from putting in the electronic dumps as its a daily driver and as soon as you hit the dumps you get pulled over for a noise violation.

The internal 0-60 feature says it hits 60mph in 4.9 seconds (average of 10 runs) and the 60-120 is clocking in at about 4.2 seconds. Just like the Charger R/T I had, Black Dynamite can still spin the tires at 60 when you stomp on it. I am thinking it will run the 1/4 mile around the 11-11.5 Second range. Factory stock times for the 1/4 mile are 13.4 seconds.
Posted By: Rogee Fellblade Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 09/19/14 03:29 PM
Bleh, I already lost. I only have 350hp :|

About to get PnP throttle body :)

(Pic) Drifting at Willowsprings :)

Cruising Mulholland with my wife, during a 100+ car cruise
Posted By: Tasorin Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 09/19/14 04:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Rogee Fellblade
Bleh, I already lost. I only have 350hp :|

About to get PnP throttle body :)

(Pic) Drifting at Willowsprings :)

Cruising Mulholland with my wife, during a 100+ car cruise

Goes in on Thursday to get the Mopar Scat Pack installed, except I won't be using the stock Mopar air cleaner I have a K&N ready to swap in and a new BBK Speed Throttle Body

Hopefully at the re-tune I will Dyno out at 435HHP @ 5600 RPM. With the Viper X transmission chip swap I should be able to break 11 seconds.
Posted By: Rogee Fellblade Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 09/19/14 07:59 PM
[thumbsup}
Posted By: Sini Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 09/20/14 05:56 AM
Tas, most 0-60 gain you will get is by shedding some of that 4000lb curb weight. For example Boxter S is 100 less horses, but also 1000 lb lighter. As a result it is faster.

You can also play with differential ratios, but that could make your car really uncomfortable to drive when you are not 0to60ing.

I am sure I don't have to remind to oil K&N filter. I have seen so many dry (and useless) K&Ns that I now advise people to avoid buying cars with one installed. You just never know if PO was ricing or actually knew what he/she was doing.

Posted By: Drakiis Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 09/20/14 05:14 PM
It's a driver Sini, to strip it down and turn it into a poly carbon skate board with less comforts then a mexican porta potty in siberia would never sail.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 09/22/14 06:14 PM
Theme: Luxury & Speed

I already dumped 300 lbs out of the curb weight with removal of the spare tire and all the crap in the trunk and changed out the headers for stubies that were about 10 lbs a pop lighter. Not to mention all the factory exhaust EPA extra's that I don't need to pass a Washington smog test. I also moved both batteries to the trunk space to gain a drive balancing back as close to 50/50 as I can. Right now I am at 55/45 with all the changes. The biggest weight reduction is in the seats believe it or not. If I wanted to go to non-power, non-lumbar racing seats I could dump another 200 lbs.

I like comfort. I like style. I like power light to light and top end. Sometimes one or two of things trump the other.
Posted By: Sini Re: New Whip (Black Dynamite) - 10/01/14 04:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
I like comfort. I like style. I like power light to light and top end. Sometimes one or two of things trump the other.

I know what you mean, I am the same way.

With your beast I wasn't sure if you are "must be fastest at all costs" guy.
© The KGB Oracle