The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Phaq Death lower jpeg - 03/23/11 05:10 PM
I am not one to post pics. online but I do have a few that I would like post on the site here and I might send them 2 my wife 4 facebook.

The problem is that the only camera I have is H.D. and the jpeg is about 1.0-1.30mb

How can I lower the file size?? can I not edit the res. or convert it to something smaller??
Posted By: Ictinike Re: lower jpeg - 03/23/11 05:52 PM
That large a file size tells me it a HUGE resolution (as HD should be)

If you zoom in 100$ I'm sure you'll see just how big they actually are. What I do is load up in a photo manipulating software, I use Photoshop SE, and set the `image size` to be what percentage that I can view on the screen that's normal size.

For example, I have similar images that are in the 3000-4000 pixel range but they are comfortable to view the entire image at 33.3% of the original so I go in and scale down the image size to that 33.3% and now the 100% image is a mear 600x800 pixels for example.

If you do that and resize them the file size will drop dramatically. If it's still huge there are some things we can do with the color and pallet sizes but I'm sure you'll get those 30mb images down to under a meg or less in JPEG compression.

If you have doubts or questions let me know and if we can somehow get the images to me (fileshare, Dropbox, etc) I can resize in literally seconds and re-save them for you.

Cheers,
Posted By: Phaq Death Re: lower jpeg - 03/23/11 07:26 PM
thanx smile
© The KGB Oracle