The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/06/06 09:17 AM
What I am proposing is a new organization called the United Guilds Coalition or UGC. This would consist of member guilds with the leadership of each guild serving on a coalition council. Decisions would be made by majority vote. We would have a guild membership process much like our own.

I would build another website much like KGB's to accomodate this oraganization. It would have its own news and message boards.

It is my hope that we can then invite our former allies and friends to this coalition and have a nice head start when a game Darkfall is released.
Posted By: Valentein Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/06/06 03:31 PM
Need more info. What's the objective or purpose for this?

edit:

I just saw the other post. I'm afraid I agree with Dust. Jet, you've had such limited time to take on KGB projects (like the constitution revisions) that I think it could be a big problems taking on developing additional resources for a super guild organiztion.
Posted By: Dustrider Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/06/06 03:45 PM
Personally I don't think this is a good idea.

There is to much room for things to start getting crazy and out of control. We should do like we have always done. Keep everything in one place.

I know a lot of thought has or is put into this but like I said above, i think a big headache is all this will turn into.

Leave each guild to it's own and communicate like we have always done before.

Just my opinion..
Posted By: JetStar Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/06/06 04:28 PM
Quote:

Need more info. What's the objective or purpose for this?

edit:

I just saw the other post. I'm afraid I agree with Dust. Jet, you've had such limited time to take on KGB projects (like the constitution revisions) that I think it could be a big problems taking on developing additional resources for a super guild organiztion.

Well, let me respond.

I have either got to shit or get off the pot so to speak. My plan has always been to get as active as possible with a game like darkfall. With my travel part of my work ending at the end of the year, I have been eager to get into something. The lul has just been too long. I also have Prime Ministers that can back me up. I dont see this as a huge deal, more than just a loose alliance. If you remember what happened to us in Shadowbane, in the early days, we were simply out classed by a super alliance.

I appreciate your opinions, but I dont think we are going to be able to compete out of the gate, which in my opinion is very important.

Other larger organizations will make life tough for us, and many people will get demoralized and quit. This would be a way around that, and yet still keep KGB's independance.
Posted By: Derid Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/06/06 04:40 PM

Its not a bad idea in of itself, but needs a little more development. I'm gonna take discussion to less public forums though.
Posted By: Valentein Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/06/06 08:03 PM
I posted in the private thread.
Posted By: Daye Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/08/06 05:07 AM
lol

Covenant of Beer !
Truthfully I think it is a good idea. Val jet dont have to be there for every little problem that is why u have PM's and HC (if the right HC gets picked this time) and most the time vets that guildies aways come to when they have a problem. I dont think half of kgb was there for PGC jet so they wouldnt know about how that worked. Jet is right too we damn sure dont have enough power to start out with in darkfall. So val if u ever read other game boards KGB will be a huge target considering our past game history and enemies.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/14/06 11:43 PM
i think it is a very good idea there is always strength in numbers and even more if the numbers are large and strong and work together i think it is just what will give us the edge in games!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Seaelf Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/14/06 11:45 PM
hey Rahl? is your name from the Terry Goodkind books?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/14/06 11:45 PM
my guild would love to join but we are not the lagest guild and we are only on GW but we can expand if we no we have friends on other games!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/14/06 11:46 PM
ya
Posted By: Seaelf Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/14/06 11:46 PM
haha lol, i'm reading chainfire right now !! Kahlan Who !!!????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/14/06 11:46 PM
yes
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/14/06 11:49 PM
yes
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/14/06 11:54 PM
im reading nothing i finished the last book 4 now
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/14/06 11:55 PM
cant wate till the next 1 comes out
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/15/06 05:45 PM
Not so sure about the UGC, but I think the idea concerning the JJGYCWXASDF was a great idea.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/17/06 02:56 PM
did someone say asdf?
Posted By: Gluven Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 09/23/06 12:55 AM
Good concept.
im totally for trying to get organized for darkfall. asfar as not overly powerful out of the gate, you guys got members playing in 4+ MMOs if most play darkfall you guys would not have a problem at all, dunno if you have an internal thread for members to post on who all going to DF but if you dont it would be a good idea just so you have an idea what you have asfar as recources. Im sure you already have it you guys are always organized but just incase. Anyways back to Lineage2 for me =P DF needs to hurry up and come out!
PS i am looking for a sponsor for DF, any info on how to do this when the game isint out would rock!
For those of you who dont check Terry Goodlinds site, the next book is the final one. Ive been reading that series for years. IMO its one of the best fanatsy series of all time...but who am I?..lol. Great to hear of some other people reading it.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 10/03/06 10:24 PM
Goodkind? if that is the one you are talking about just got Phantom from the library !!
He said Khalan and chainfire...Chainfire is like the 8th book in that series..and yes, Terry Goodkind is the author.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 10/04/06 10:29 AM
yea phantom is book 10 i think
Posted By: Rahl Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 10/07/06 04:14 AM
chain fire is 9 and phantom is 10
Posted By: Seaelf Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 10/08/06 12:55 AM
no sword of truth omgz, use the hunting dagger !!
Posted By: Rahl Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 10/08/06 01:34 AM
y dont we stop useing the forms that are used for other things instead of sot lets create a sot form then we can talk all about sot
Posted By: Rathowen Re: What do you think of the UGC proposal? - 02/28/07 10:07 PM
Reminds me greatly of the Alliance of Order we established on Shadowbane's Deception server. Fun times and we were very successful in our endeavors there because of it.

If such a Coalition were to come to fruition I would hope that the Defenders would be on a list of possible member Guilds.

Now I certainly do not speak for Owyn or Arkat but if such a situation arose you could be certain I would both speak and vote favorbaly upon it in our own Council.
© The KGB Oracle