The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Going nuts! - 04/11/10 01:13 AM
Downloaded DF - installed - will not patch, giving me an error #21, I have done everything I could find and then some.

I ahve enough HD space, no firewall enabled, router configured correctly, reinstalled twice - any other ideas?

Hak
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Going nuts! - 04/11/10 01:22 AM
UAC if running Vista or Win7.

Right click and Run as Administrator or I can tell you how to disable on either OS.
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Going nuts! - 04/11/10 04:13 AM
Good thinking - I already have it disabled though and have been clicking run as admin - lame i know...........
Posted By: Raiden MarkIV Re: Going nuts! - 04/11/10 04:15 AM
Check your anti virus prog's and firewall and make sure that the patcher is allowed access.
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Going nuts! - 04/11/10 04:19 AM
I have both AV and firewall disabled and nothing working still........
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Going nuts! - 04/11/10 04:47 AM
Odd..

I've just got the Error 2 - Downloading Patch a couple of times myself now just logging back in frown

Not sure maybe it's more of a bug then they know.. Maybe send AV a tech request?
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Going nuts! - 04/11/10 04:49 AM
I did send them a tech request - they had no idea....

I am using the files torrented from their own site and a trial for a week. I hate to go out and buy the full game and run into the same issues.

But then again I REALLY want to start playing - lol
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Going nuts! - 04/11/10 05:00 AM
You on vent? Join KGB vent and maybe we can talk and check a few things..
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Going nuts! - 04/11/10 07:29 AM
Hack,

Good talking to you last night and hope maybe you get some answers calling Verizon however I've read on the forums people using Verizon haven't had issues in the past. Not to say they don't know but I would have thought I would have seen them in the Tech and bitch and moan forums wink

I did however find this tid-bit that may work so if you read this check these

First goto the Darkfall items in your start menu and find the Darkfall US (Configure Updater) icon and execute it.

Next, per the guy on the forums, try this

Quote:

you need to go into the patch options under the start menu and set it to force the patch every time you launch, i have installed it on 2 machines that would not download the updates until i changed those settings.

Still looking for additional answers to help ya but hope something breaks ya through.

More later I'm sure.. Find me on vent and we'll chat some more on your issue mate...

Cheers,
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Going nuts! - 04/11/10 09:55 AM
Thanks for your help Icky!
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Going nuts! - 04/12/10 07:30 PM
So........called Comcast as well as gni.com where the tracert dies - they both have no idea why their pings and tracerts die as well. Still out of luck - nothing including redownloading and starting over has worked......bleh.....I have not even logged in and the game hates me already!

Hak
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Going nuts! - 04/12/10 07:35 PM
sorry to hear that Hak, we've all been curious about your status
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Going nuts! - 04/12/10 08:11 PM
Yea sorry mate..

I'm wondering if that torrent was somehow corrupt if they updated it recently with the new patch we got live a few days back.

Hoping this re-download works for ya

/crosses fingers
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Going nuts! - 04/12/10 09:21 PM
On the phone right now with Comcast and GNI, Aventurine's ISP, seems to be a global routing issue that is intermittent at best - lol - they are working on it, but neither Comcast NOR GNI themselves are able to ping or tracert the DNS servers or patch servers for their own game.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Going nuts! - 04/12/10 10:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart
On the phone right now with Comcast and GNI, Aventurine's ISP, seems to be a global routing issue that is intermittent at best - lol - they are working on it, but neither Comcast NOR GNI themselves are able to ping or tracert the DNS servers or patch servers for their own game.

LOL sorry but that's just crazy and weak.. Good lord
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Going nuts! - 04/13/10 04:49 AM
I recommend getting the client direct off the DF site in your account area, just to be safe.
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Going nuts! - 04/13/10 05:17 PM
Drak - good thinking - done it twice now - wonder if there is something wrong with their download - I signed up for the 7 day free trial, thinking about buying the game at a retail store and trying that, wonder if there is something wrong with the download - hate to blow 60 bucks though if it is not the download.

Hak
Posted By: Preston Re: Going nuts! - 04/14/10 07:13 PM
Have you tried submitting a support ticket?
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Going nuts! - 04/14/10 10:14 PM
Unless something has changed, you can not buy DFO in a store. Perhaps someone can set up an FTP and get you their download. I would do it but my computer is at Alienware having a check-up colonoscopy.

Also, make sure your not running SLI or Crossfire video cards..one vid card only, unless something has changed. I had all kinds of problems until I turned off SLI.
Posted By: Preston Re: Going nuts! - 04/15/10 08:58 AM
Make sure you downloaded from the right lobby: USA is here:
http://www.us1.darkfallonline.com/dl/DarkfallUS.exe

Patching Failed #21
Article This is an accessibility error.
Possible causes and solutions:

1. Your firewall or antivirus is blocking Lobby.exe or Darkfall.exe.
Add lobby.exe and Darkfall.exe to your exclusion lists. Also forward UDP port 32500 on your router.

2. You don't have the latest lobby version or there is some abnormality with your files.
Go to Start > Darkfall > Repair Data. Also download and install the latest lobby version. You can find it at the following link http://www.us1.darkfallonline.com/dl/DarkfallUS.exe

3. Your hard drive takes longer than expected to write the downloaded files.
Defragment your hard drives and stop any processes that may be slowing down your system, such as Windows search indexing, or real-time antivirus.

4. You don't have enough space on your C: drive for the temp files.
Free up more space on your C: drive.

Submit a support ticket here:
http://support.us.darkfallonline.com/
© The KGB Oracle