The KGB Oracle
Surprise, surprise. Either someone has been hacking my ncsoft account and re-subbing me, or NCsoft is just lonely without me in the game (Aion).

In other words - I woke up and found a email message "Confirming" my resubscribtion at 3am. I apparently did this in my sleep. smile

Going to the website was useless, because my password is all screwed up. I'm calling ncsoft support now.

29th in line to get my call answered. smile
That sux man frown
is NCsoft getting that desperate?!
Heh, It's ok. I worked it out. I spent about 35 minutes on the phone waiting, then talked to a representative from NCsoft.

He said the account was probably hacked and reset my passwords. More importantly he refunded my money and stopped the self-renewing subscription.

They "banned" the account until I reset the password. I won't even bother. Even if someone went on the two characters I had and looted them (who knew Aion was a full loot game :)) they wouldn't have gotten that much, and I won't miss it anyway.
careful I've been getting those emails too and they ARE NOT legit. They are all phishing scams! If you enter your password or account info you can be sure your game has been hacked.

There have been a wave of WoW/Blizzard and Aion account phishing scams circling emails lately.

Heads up
All of this was done on their site which I went to directly.

After reading the email (which only said I'd resubed) I googled NCsoft and went to their site from there and found the customer service number.

I know better than to follow links in provocative emails.
yea i got those bs emails and still get them i just log onto the aion launcher that i keep and go to the website from the launch and check my character from the website and my acc to make sure it is still inactive from time to time. i mess around on private servers now.
Heh yeah, I get them for Aion and WoW.
Poor, poor people have nothing better to do then hack accounts that haven't been played in years.
© The KGB Oracle