The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Syloc Armor catered to specific playstyles - 02/23/10 01:50 AM
I know everyone's at the meeting, (Wish i could be there, i'm still at work), but I found this in my few seconds of surfing.
Originally Posted By: Laenih

In the light of several more official news pieces and spotlights coming this week we want to start off with another small armor teaser before we focus on other topics for a while.

The armor shown in this spotlight is one of the new additional armors that are supposed to be catered (but not limited) to specific play styles. However we can't give away too much in detail information about this at this point.

And just to reiterate:
All races are getting upgrades and new armor. The humans are the first ones because they need the least tweaking when it comes to the actual player models. Artists are also working on updating all the other races.
And yes, the plan is to have all crafted armors as full sets available.

For now, we hope you enjoy getting another tiny glimpse of things to come

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=236194
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Armor catered to specific playstyles - 02/23/10 12:10 PM
now they just need to make it so that juggernauts running around in full plate move slower than some one in say, bone or leather.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Armor catered to specific playstyles - 02/23/10 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
now they just need to make it so that juggernauts running around in full plate move slower than some one in say, bone or leather.

/signed
Posted By: Yissu Dojar Re: Armor catered to specific playstyles - 02/23/10 02:21 PM

Haarrrr harrr harrrrrrrr. I bet you have a certain someone in mind.

Did the pic of this armor give anyone else a throbbing bellend?
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Armor catered to specific playstyles - 02/23/10 03:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Yissu Dojar

Haarrrr harrr harrrrrrrr. I bet you have a certain someone in mind.

Did the pic of this armor give anyone else a throbbing bellend?

LOL I wasn't thinkin of you specific but plate in general. Plate weighs more than bone or leather so you SHOULD be weighted down at the cost of STR. More STR = easier to move IMHO..

Bellend? Sure I guess, if it doesn't ADD to the already laggy conditions we play in frown
Posted By: Yissu Dojar Re: Armor catered to specific playstyles - 02/23/10 03:22 PM
When they posted the human female model they mentioned:
"One of the improvements is a slightly higher polygon count while still keeping the performance of the game in mind."

So, hopefully it won't hurt too much.
Off-topic: Over a week later and I still piss my pants everytime I see your sig Yissu.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Armor catered to specific playstyles - 02/23/10 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
Off-topic: Over a week later and I still piss my pants everytime I see your sig Yissu.

Do I need to put you on the bundle of sticks watch as well Romeo?
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Armor catered to specific playstyles - 02/23/10 11:56 PM
it is a great sig...especially when you real the text in it then it all makes sense.
© The KGB Oracle