The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Vasdef Show off your gaming rig ! (many pics) - 04/26/09 06:43 AM
We can compare notes on the build and performance in Darkfall and various games and maybe learn something too?
I recently read something about Darkfall having "had" issues with ATI Card so that got me concerned.
I'll start with a few of mine...

Posted By: Thomas Re: Show off your gaming rig ! (many pics) - 04/27/09 11:14 PM
so how do you like the case in your top pick? The monster one with all those fans! I want to buy one and have heard good things about it. What do you think?
Posted By: Xao Re: Show off your gaming rig ! (many pics) - 04/27/09 11:28 PM
I have that one, its great.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Show off your gaming rig ! (many pics) - 04/28/09 01:08 AM
I like the third pic a lot, it reminds me of a Chevy big block engine, I'm not a mechanic but it's aesthetically pleasing to the eye it's arrangement. If you built these PCs you have as much artistic talent with hardware as you do with a pencil and paper.
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Show off your gaming rig ! (many pics) - 04/29/09 02:03 AM
Thanks, that one took a lot of modding. I "de-rivited" the case and removed all of the panels so all that was left was the "skeleton" That is a very heavy case (even empty) because it is a very thick steel. I sanded down all of the panels and the interior structure. Painted it bright red, then painted the outside satin black..Multiple coats of primer first of course. It used to be flat grey/silver.
I had to bend the original PSU rails and re-rivet them to accommodate the upright PSU's.
Before I could paint the top though I had my girlfriend's father (he works with metal)cut the holes out of the top for the dual power supplies. I had attempted a Tungsten drill bit, diamond cutting wheels and even a drill and hacksaw before I asked him. He ended up doing it with a HUGE industrial sheet metal cutter and a plasma torch...YES-THAT tough. With this thing fully loaded it WILL kill you if it falls on you.

Dual-core (AMD)/dual-PSUs (1300w) dual GPUs (8800gts)

Runs Linux Mint off an IDE and two sata drives on XP-pro.
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Show off your gaming rig ! (many pics) - 04/29/09 02:05 AM
my current favorite is still this little guy though:

http://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=42671#Post42671

Scroll down.

It is so small and so powerful.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Show off your gaming rig ! (many pics) - 04/29/09 12:31 PM
So you have 5 computers running at your house?
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Show off your gaming rig ! (many pics) - 04/29/09 09:48 PM
try more like 9...give or take what I scavenge,fix sell or give away, but a solid 7 at least.
2 ITX
3 systems running dual cards
and one I'm thinking of selling.

1 laptop (bought it for girlfriend)
another laptop I'm fixing.(giving it to my dad when I'm done)
Just gave my Girlfriends's sister my old Dell (after de-toxing it for viruses she put o it)...
but 9 in the house right now and assorted bits of this and that.
© The KGB Oracle