The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Motion sickness - 01/31/11 05:49 AM
Is it just me or when I run around with a wep or staff out and I am all 1st person pov, after about a minute or 2 I get queasy, almost like motion sickness, any settings or, tweaks or ideas? Having fun training up but no fun taking a break every few to regain equilibrium.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Motion sickness - 01/31/11 10:55 AM
Just wait til you start PvP.

Stonegiant quit DF right at the start because the Motion sickness kicked his butt to.

frown
Posted By: Valaria Re: Motion sickness - 01/31/11 12:01 PM
I used to get the motion sickness too with the 1st person view.... Honestly, I did 7up and crackers while I was playing to keep going till I got used to it.

I wanna say that is also why Elph wont play DF.
Posted By: Grizo Re: Motion sickness - 01/31/11 12:25 PM
I have the same issue and that is why I dont use bows or staffs very offten because when I do I get kinda nauseated it really sux. The way I deal with it is I do it a little at a time so that after a while I get used to it.
Posted By: ARSHOLE Re: Motion sickness - 01/31/11 10:12 PM
Its like playing CS, quake, doom etc.... slowing down mouse speed helped although I wasn't feeling sick.

There is a mouse sensitivity in (i think) the inputs section found in "Options" but I haven't taken the time to really see what its doing.
Posted By: Valaria Re: Motion sickness - 01/31/11 11:53 PM
yea slow it down a bit while you get used to it.. but eventually you will wanna turn that back up. It helps in PVP to have that mouse a little extra sensitive.
Posted By: ARSHOLE Re: Motion sickness - 02/01/11 03:29 AM
I am/was practicing with a fairly sensitive mouse and it feels like Im getting better at it... my pvp is a joke at this point but can stay alive after an attack.... so long as the attacker isn't too skilled. laugh

Found a chaos chest last night and guess what was in it!?!
Posted By: Prism Re: Motion sickness - 02/01/11 04:54 AM
56 gold and a lesser heal pot ??
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Motion sickness - 02/01/11 05:30 AM
Originally Posted By: ARSHOLE
I am/was practicing with a fairly sensitive mouse and it feels like Im getting better at it... my pvp is a joke at this point but can stay alive after an attack.... so long as the attacker isn't too skilled. laugh

Found a chaos chest last night and guess what was in it!?!

If it's like any of the hundreds, if not a thousand +, of chaos chests in DFO that I opened; it was prolly 2 fish.

What a big let down those where when I played :S
Posted By: ARSHOLE Re: Motion sickness - 02/01/11 10:10 PM
^^^ both of your guesses would have been something... but, there was nothing in it smile
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Motion sickness - 02/01/11 11:23 PM
^^^ both of your guesses would have been something... but, there was nothing in it smile

LOL while I did get those from time to time it's nice a newbie experiences it so early in the game laugh
Posted By: ARSHOLE Re: Motion sickness - 02/02/11 01:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Ictinike

LOL while I did get those from time to time it's nice a newbie experiences it so early in the game laugh

an empty chest and getting pk'd because you dont know how to move around is DFO's noob welcome mat... in short, they are telling me to prepare for lots of deaths with little to no rewards. roger that!
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Motion sickness - 02/03/11 09:15 PM
Thanks for the good ideas, just making sure I am not the only crack smoker..... nice to know others out there are also blitzed, will keep at it, crackers and 7-up, Wal-mart here I come!
Posted By: Valaria Re: Motion sickness - 02/03/11 10:52 PM
yea still happens sometimes when I am way too tired and trying to fight to stay awake n play a little more.
Posted By: Uber Re: Motion sickness - 02/20/11 05:05 PM
i used to get motion sickness with the game until i got my 2 gig card in my experience anything less than 200 FPS will cause motion sickenss
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Motion sickness - 03/09/11 05:35 PM
Yeah Uber, I think my connection on the wireless is too slow, still feel queasy playing, sucks!
Posted By: Uber Re: Motion sickness - 03/18/11 02:50 PM
THE FIX FOR MOTION SICKNESS IN GAME IS 1) New prescription glasses 2) 120 HZ monitor 3) 2 Gig card 4) Ginger tea 5) eat olives while playing
Posted By: JetStar Re: Motion sickness - 03/18/11 08:56 PM
Wait Uber, you forgot about shaking a chicken over your monitor.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Motion sickness - 03/18/11 09:15 PM
Oh and spitting Rum out for Jo'boo
© The KGB Oracle