The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Brommas Some newbie questions - 05/25/15 08:11 PM
Im nearly 48 now hoping to be 50 by the end of tommorow.
I have a few questions about how to proceed.

Since a ton of my XP has come from Labor points I am way ahead of the questing chain. Should I just skip these lower level zones and move on to the more level appropriate areas? What about pvp zones? Am I just asking to be killed repeatedly and not make any progress?

Obsidian gear. Where should I start gearing to be useful in pvp?

At what level can I start coming to guild functions and pull my own weight?
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Some newbie questions - 05/26/15 12:55 AM
Do whatever you can to hit 50.

At 50 the rest of your grinding is library/auroria grinding.

Minimum gear score for alliance events is 2500. (you can see this by mousing over your portrait bar)

Work on your weapons.
Bow (your choice)
Obsid Dagger, Must have
Armor is last an optional because you ideally want agi armor and whatever you fail craft goes towards obsid.

Get obsid bow, regrade it to at least celestial before tiering it up.

Also, get in TS as it makes answering things 10x easier.

outcrygaming.com
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Some newbie questions - 05/26/15 09:18 PM
I will be grinding with you in Library.

I Finally captured what is going on and why AA is causing my router to power cycle.

Load demand from the client spikes the data stream which causes the attenuation of the signal to spike out of range and the router then reads that as a lost signal and does a power cycle.

Totally a Comcast problem coming in from the street. I have two filters they put on the box outside and I bought a third filter. AA and a couple other online titles are the only ones that seem to spike data demand (can you say bad clients trying to render tons of garbage).
Posted By: Grem Re: Some newbie questions - 05/26/15 10:02 PM
I am considering going support / healing instead of Stone Arrow. Is there a specific class that is probably better for pvp. Honestly im more concerned with small group, but I don't wanna be worthless in large group pvp
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Some newbie questions - 05/27/15 10:55 PM
vit/defense/witchcraft
vit/defense/auramancy
bard/vit/aura
bard/defense/archery

The world is your oyster friend.
Posted By: Elph Re: Some newbie questions - 05/30/15 07:00 PM
I have no idea how to play this game.. I am downloading it.. is there a server that KGB is on? I may pop in and make casual appearances…
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Some newbie questions - 05/30/15 07:57 PM
KGB is on Ollo elph as the Western faction (Nuian/Elf)
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Some newbie questions - 05/30/15 07:57 PM
Ithink you would dig the hell outta this game. You can be all pretty and stuff lol
Posted By: Elph Re: Some newbie questions - 05/30/15 08:21 PM
LOL I didn't care much about getting pretty lol.. i just noticed on my crossover Arch Age was on it.. so I figured I will try it out. I'll take a look and see. I know when it was in beta, it looked cool
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Some newbie questions - 05/30/15 08:32 PM
Well, let us know when you get in, we'll give you the tour
Posted By: Elph Re: Some newbie questions - 05/30/15 08:58 PM
Ok I can't do Vent o anything when i am in game I don't think. Last time I tried I wasn't able to communicate when I am in game.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Some newbie questions - 05/31/15 12:17 AM
Shouldnt have tghat problem with teamspeak. In the event you do just make sure you run TS in admin mode and that solves most issues.
Posted By: Elph Re: Some newbie questions - 05/31/15 02:45 PM
Ok I am not able to get the game to load on my mac.I thought I could because I am able to play Rift on it, but it looks like due to them using Hackshield. I may have to put this on Steve's desktop
Posted By: Elph Re: Some newbie questions - 05/31/15 02:46 PM
Donk, I play games now via my macbook so lots of things that natively work well in desktop or pc gaming, it doesn't work for me on my laptop.
:( I am not sure if I have Tspeak or not.
Posted By: Represent Re: Some newbie questions - 06/03/15 09:38 PM
I just started up again elph hope to see u soon!
Posted By: Grem Re: Some newbie questions - 06/07/15 02:52 AM
Thanks for all the advice in game and on the boards here. I think im on the right track for some superb healing
Posted By: tyrana Re: Some newbie questions - 06/11/15 07:32 PM
I'm in for giggles.

Who's a good in-game contact?

Tyrana was already taken...
Leche - Sorc/Witch/Occult
Myrana - Arch/Shadow/Witch
Curitas - Vit/Def/Aura
© The KGB Oracle