The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Helemoto Tech Help - 09/26/14 01:55 AM
When I start up glyph and push play the green log in thingy comes up.

At this point my entire computer is lagged out and is impossible to use.

When after about 30 minutes I get to the server screen and hit connect the wait for q I get to log in rapidly or most of the time it takes so long that my timer is used up and i get the "you have been disconnected by the gods".

I then have to start all over. But after shutting down the game my computer is locked up for about 15 minutes. I cant even get on the internet.

Most of the time i rage and reset my comp and start over.

Any help on solving this would be great.

AMD FX-8350
8 gig ram
r9 200 series gpu
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Tech Help - 09/26/14 02:34 AM
Try lowering the game settings. I had similar issue and it started working fine for me after removing all shadows and lowering the quality.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Tech Help - 09/26/14 05:46 AM
Don't use DX11 and set it to use DX9 and restart.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Tech Help - 09/26/14 11:49 AM
I should say when I do get in it doesnt matter what settings I have on the game runs fine. When I log out when the game is running fine I do not have computer lock up problems. Its only when logging from the play button or connect button do I have issues and when the issues happen it is a 30-60 minute ordeal.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Tech Help - 09/26/14 03:10 PM
The Glyph client is a cluster fuck of memory leaks and as such is a resource hog. When you hit the play button and the leaf comes up and starts to populate the text, kill the Glyph program.

Play in native resolution with windowed mode on and Direct 9x checked. Keep shadows off and all the water particle effects to minimum. Turn down terrain detail and distance to render flora/fauna.

I have a monster rig and the Glyph program was sucking up to 45% of available memory after about an hour of memory leaks.
Posted By: Tripwire Re: Tech Help - 09/26/14 04:11 PM
Open the glyph launcher,
Settings
advanced
After Game Launch **change from** (Leave Glyph Open)
to (Exit Glyph)
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Tech Help - 09/26/14 11:36 PM
I did all the help suggested here except dx9 as I cant get in game.

This time I tried twice, both times it took 17 minute from the time I
puched play to when I got to the server page.

Once I hit connect to ollo it took over 5 minutes and I was disconnected by the gods.

I work an average of 60 hours a week and this really cuts into my play time.
Posted By: CaScA Re: Tech Help - 09/27/14 09:52 PM
I had to uninstall and reinstall to correct the issue myself. I actually did a hack around it in the begin and then upon release made things worse LOL but try what I did? Uninstall?
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Tech Help - 09/28/14 02:50 AM
Make sure you have the latest update for your gpu, don't be running anything in the background, make sure your security isn't blocking the program, clear your cache/memory, do a full update on your system, and defrag if need be...other then those basic things depending on your machine you might be on a low end/end of life rig.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Tech Help - 09/28/14 10:53 PM
Its not a low end machine.

It worked all day yesterday without any problem. I logged in 5 separate times with no issues.

Today it is back to its old shit again. This time the first log in took about 1 hour from the time i pushed play to it getting the disconnected by the gods.

I uninstalled it during the headstart.

Now on the second try it went to full screen and then the gods took over again.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Tech Help - 09/28/14 11:12 PM
All I know is I want to find each and everyone of the cocksuckers involved and peg each and everyone of them.
Posted By: Valerion Re: Tech Help - 09/29/14 12:40 AM
After quite a bit of research and having this same issue, I have what appears to be the resolution (at least for me) it appears to be Microsoft Security Essentials treating the "green" loading screen as a "questionable download" and doing a scan on every byte of info coming in. You might also notice your hard drive filling up as well. (Mine used about 40g just in loading the game). Since I have AVAST I uninstalled MSSE and now the "green loading screen has reduced for 20 min load time to about 2 min.

Hope this helps...
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Tech Help - 10/02/14 12:41 AM
After trying to find a solution for my problem I came across this post and did it and I ended up deleting 1.5 million files.
It worked.
I started to log in from the play button to character in game in less the 2 minutes.
Will try for a few days as alot of the solutions i found only lasted so long

1. Go to Start, then click Run (Or hold down Windows Key and hit R)

2.Paste this in there, then hit enter:

%userprofile%\documents\ArcheAge\USER

3. DELETE the UDF Folder. This folder may have several HUNDRED THOUSAND files in it for some crazy reason. It may take a very long time to delete and may seem unresponsive. LET IT DO ITS THING. It took me 30 minutes on an SSD - Make sure you PERMANENTLY delete the files by holding down Shift when you right click the files to delete them, otherwise they'll go to your recycle bin and you get to wait twice next you empty your recycle bin.
© The KGB Oracle