The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar THE COMBINE CLOSES ITS DOORS AFTER 11 YEARS - 01/14/11 09:23 PM
DEYTH SAYS GOODBYE
Originally posted by Drakiis, KGB Senator
This content has been profiled for all users by JetStar, the original and complete post is available in the KGB SECURE Great Hall

Originally Posted By: Deyth, Combine Guild Leader
Over a decade ago, in the early days of EQ1, I got together with some friends and formed a guild so we'd have a global chat channel. We weren't elite or hardcore; we didn't really fit into any single play style. We wanted to explore the virtual world and work together to make it fun. Our approach to sharing and strong support for each other made us so popular we had to introduce admissions requirements and thus began our journey. Through the years we've adapted our ways to different games and circumstances but managed to stay true to our beginning by focusing on sharing and supporting each other toward all goals instead of the "every man for himself" DKP-style guild you can find under every rock.

On December 24, 2010, our web hosting will be up for renewal but I won't be renewing. Time has changed my interests and priorities, work and family and other hobbies rank a lot higher than any recent MMO's or those promised in the future. As I once wrote, Deyth is Combine but Combine isn't Deyth. It's not fair for loyal members to remain bound to a guild and leader that no longer serve their interests. Combine must cease to exist so they can start fresh with no shadow on their new ventures.

I've made real friends out of this whole thing and discovered a side of myself I'm not sure would've developed as it did. I'll still be around on IM and Facebook but I'm done with this. It was a great run but I'm glad real life won.

It's always sad when a Legacy guild dies, The Combine has closed so that those left could rebuild under a new tag.

The redirect takes you here; http://www.feraluprising.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=277
Sad and not, all at the same time. I hated Deyth more than liked him and the Combine. To many experiences with hackers in that crowd. Ah well, all things change.
I didnt know this guy but always sad to see someone that has been around for this many years just walk away.
I am with Prism on it lol
Originally Posted By: MamaPick
I am with Prism i never knew the guy but like you say Prism sad to see a KGB'er Walk away

Did you even read the article mama? He's not a KGB'er.
LOL, too funny. They have no idea what we are talking about! There is even a details article!
Quote:
Originally Posted By: Deyth, Combine Guild Leader

lol yeah and no I have been too busy lol and my mind wont stay on the same thing lol
lol yeah and no I have been too busy lol and my mind wont stay on the same thing lol

why did you even post then if you didn't know what you were posting to?
/sigh frown
OH HUSH
Originally Posted By: Drakiis

why did you even post then if you didn't know what you were posting to?

OH HUSH

Sounds like someone needs to think about posts before they get posted.... LOL Mama are you sure your not a true blonde?
yes lol i have had a crazy month here lately lol
OH HUSH

Rather than getting upset when some one gives you a little criticism, take it with a grain of salt and try to improve yourself smile

That said, I have no idea who Combine are/were so, happy trails Deyth. GL IRL
© The KGB Oracle