The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/26/06 08:55 PM
Since my state of the guild address, I have been looking into perhaps running a KGB UO server? Using the older UO alignment rules, we could run a powerful server and let anyone play. KGB could be given a large island or something as a bonus for membership, but the rest of the server would be a free for all.

There are a number of servers out there and I could easily either purchase another machine and dedicate it, or run this as a virtual machine.

I want to make sure there is enough interest here. This would be our own world with our own rules. We could invite our favorite enemies to take part and fight us. I think it would be alot of fun and a place for all of us to play together and socialize.

Please take time to respond with your thoughts and I am going to create a poll to gauge interest. PLEASE VOTE! You can find the poll here at the entrance and in the PUB.
Posted By: Valerion Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/27/06 02:28 AM
Jet,

Maybe I am the only one who has never played UO but can you explain what I would need to join you and other KGB in this endeavor? Maybe there are others out there that have a similar question but figure it's too much trouble to find out. I would like to see many of the old gang again playing side by side and forging new memories together as well as reminiscing about past adventures.
Posted By: Bishop Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/27/06 04:22 AM
You can download the program free, and we would help you setup to log into our own server. Its all free and not to difficult to make happen.

However i have played UO on a free server before, but since im of a younger generation i have a hard time getting into the 2d world of uo. I dont think i personaly would take much inerest. However running a server for a game sounds like a good idea, and i would reccomend it if you find the people with the interest.
Posted By: Juancasas Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/27/06 06:38 AM
This is a stupid question but what is UO and how can i download it. Im down for anything. ATM i just cant get into SB anymore, ive changed servers but trying to get everything again for all my toons just to damn boring. So Im down for UO ( What ever it is )2D images im cool with i used to play Tribes all the time and the graphics in that game were not the best but It almost cost me my marriage the first time, JohnMadden 2nd, SB 3rd, and im still married and still alive so UO might equal 4 attempt
Posted By: Vydor Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/27/06 11:45 AM
CHeck out http://uo.stratics.com for some basic information.
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/27/06 04:33 PM
check out stratic for info on UO but remeber that what you read there is for the Real UO wich is run by EA and you have a monthly fee there. If you ran your own UO you can have some things and not others.

---- Jet if you could get just like it was right before they put in Tramel it would be the greatest game ever
Posted By: nitekon Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/27/06 07:47 PM
i see no point on it really. there are plenty of free servers out there, hybrid and divinity being 2 of the best. i often play on hybrid and i think kharne and heidi do too. there wouldnt be many of us on playing and i dont think many others would come. people would think kgb had an uper hand on things, so theyll refuse to play there.

anyhow, its a must to have at the least a few hundred players for it to be fun. if not, it will be pretty much like a virtual forum. if u guys are really intersted, just send me a pm. both divinity and hybrid has the largest amount of old pacific/siege and ex-kgb players some of use knew.
Posted By: Elph Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/27/06 09:51 PM
i would say that for thoser who are intrested just find an already existing free server and play there.
kaly still plays Ea catskills from time to time lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/28/06 03:36 PM
We could just all move onto a server all rdy open i still have a tower and everything on uo hybrid. It would be up to u guys i would play where ever we went to cause uo is still the best game ive ever played.
Posted By: ltima Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/28/06 07:49 PM
someone teach me and i'd play...
Posted By: Owain Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/29/06 04:09 PM
This is very wierd, but I had a strange UO dream just the other night. After I woke up, I thought about UO for quite a while, with a good dose of nostalgia, but then brushed the thoughts aside, thinking 'there is no going back now.'

I haven't thought of UO for years, but I have mentioned to some gamers that I work with how I thought UO was the best MMO I had ever played before Origin screwed it up so badly...

Right now I am playing WoW with these same friends from work, and am having a reasonably good time with my lvl 55 Warrior on Aggramar, but I am looking down the road to 60, and I am considering the equipment grind without much enthusiasm. I think that maybe some UO with my KGB buds might be just what I need.

Rather than a KGB server, I think Ryu might be right in that we may be better off going to an existing server where we can carve out a new kingdom. A KGB server would seem too much like our own personal sandbox - where is the challenge there? Since Ryu has a tower there, that would give us a ready made base of operation.

I have missed game play with the KGB, but just was unable to stomach Shadowbane. I think some UO would be a great opportunity to reforge old bonds of friendship while we await a worth gaming successor.

Count me in. When do we start?
Posted By: JetStar Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/30/06 08:09 PM
Well lets work on an organized effort. Someone fill in the blanks..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 04/30/06 08:59 PM
what irc does kgb han gin
Posted By: Uber Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/01/06 12:04 AM
I think it would be a waste Jetstar. I won 2 towers on UO Hybrid and I know that we have others there. This is a highly populated server and it would be fun for us to reunite there. Ken and I are all set up. Its also really easy because you can buy gold and stats on their website. Just my 2 cents
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/01/06 04:43 AM
Btw funny we're talking about kgb private islands here. In uog hybrid, for a sizeable donation the staff will build an island for you, place an 18x18 customizable on it and place a moongate that will go to any city all on the island.

Given that myself and other kgb already own a ton of upper end real estate we might not have to do that though.
Posted By: Uber Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/01/06 01:43 PM
Well we need a central Comm for those playing UO again.. Please log on Vent. Also we need Vent to have a UO room. Good to see you kharne.. What are you names on uo hybrid? Mine is Uber..
Posted By: Garal Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/01/06 04:18 PM
So do we have a headcount yet? Summer is coming up quick so I'll need something to waste lotsa time on
Posted By: Zhou Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/02/06 01:52 AM
Well im up for it just got back to san diego so ill redownload the stuff and figure out what guy i had before i stopped. If im right i got 3 accounts with bandits and i think i own a house. Well Once we figure out whats going on give me a holla and ill come join you. I think my guys either Dark Stareaver or Zhou Yun can't remember.
Posted By: Vydor Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/02/06 02:25 AM
So is most of KGB on Hybrid then? I have some friends on Obvilion that I was thinking of joining.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/02/06 03:58 AM
me ken romeo khi heidi bandit mei and like 4 others where on hybrid b4 we where all rdy running as kgb also.
Posted By: Owain Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/02/06 11:43 PM
In the process of downloading, but the download has barfed on my about 3 times since last night, so it is slow going...
Posted By: Uber Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/03/06 02:27 AM
Yea we are set up on Hybrid lets get it going again. I will be playing SB till it closes tho. Its a much better game imo and free now too.. Hybrid is fun but you need people to play with or it gets old fast.. I have THE PIMPEST HOUSE ON HYBRID U GOTTA COME CHEK IT OUT!!
Posted By: Bandit Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/03/06 03:36 AM
sweet i dont have to run solo on there anymore to bad bandit is red with alot of counts
Posted By: Uber Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/04/06 10:50 PM
Jet,

Please dont post stuff like this anymore. Your too busy IRL and all you do is frustrate us because we get excited then dont hear from you for weeks....
Posted By: julio Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/05/06 02:23 AM
That would be AWESOME! I'd definately macro there...
Posted By: Heidi Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/05/06 06:54 AM
I've been without power a few days thanks to my loving brother chopping up the lines. not to sure how things will look in the near future but let me know if you need help
Posted By: Bandit Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/05/06 11:22 AM
im going to be on at around 6 or 7pm est look in vent to find me the only peole i have seen on so far has been Uber and Ehonda
Posted By: Uber Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/05/06 12:31 PM
Zhou and I are forming up KGB on HYBRID Please come and play after 7pm EST. I will be on later tonight tho as its my 5 year anniversary with my wife. Lets round up the recruits! Word!
Posted By: nitekon Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/05/06 06:22 PM
Quote:

Jet,

Please dont post stuff like this anymore. Your too busy IRL and all you do is frustrate us because we get excited then dont hear from you for weeks....

why do you need jetstar to play uo?
and please dont start recruiting, its not a good idea. trust me, i been there a long time representing.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/05/06 06:31 PM
I have downloaded this game. WTF. Please tell me it will be worthwhile 2D is kinda freakin me out.
I have logged in but have no idea what to do. Do you kill stuff? I ran around in some huge town and couldnt find away out. Found some docks but thats about it.
The only game I have really played is SB so I dont have any idea what to do.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/05/06 08:27 PM
I feel the same thing as Helemoto, I've no idea what to do.
Posted By: Uber Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/05/06 11:21 PM
Ok we need to set a time and place for you guys to meet in VENTRILLO so bandit and I can come pick you up and start teaching you the game.. thers a learning curve not to bad but one nonetheless.. we will school you. We are in Vent atm friday 7:21 pm est
Posted By: Uber Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/05/06 11:22 PM
Check out UO Stratics also.. great site to give u fast learning
Posted By: Elph Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/06/06 01:59 PM
uber you should really show a bit more respect for Jetstar. While I can see your point there are alot better ways to get the words out and still be respectful to the man who has created our great nation.

i dont know if you intended to sound that way and if you didn't I apologize.

I agree with nite it's not like jet would have to play uo, so he's not getting hopes up he's getting feedback and he has already said if this did go on, which it doesn't seem to have enough intrest. Esp with the other shards out there, that it would be happening after he got done traveling.

Btw helemeto check out uo.com to get the general idea of ultima online, uo while it be an old game is the best, once you get hang of it, it will be alot of fun
Posted By: Uber Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/06/06 03:14 PM
Sorry if I sounded offenseive. Was not my intention to do so. I guess I am voicing my frustration at our failure to have a cohesive guild that is all on the same page.. Granted the games out at the moment havent piqued all of our collective interest but without a solid leader we will always be factionized and lacking true guild spirit. Most people play a game regardless of how good it is or bad it is based on true leadership... a good leader can make people feel that the game is better than it actually is.. take Holroms leadership in shadowbane for example.. when he was on there was never ending pvp and banes and things to do.. so with the absence of strong leadership every game out there is going to suck.. even DFO or AOC etc.. I guess what I was pointing too is that Jets feedback request gives the false impression that he wants to lead again which in my mind is unfair. I didnt mean to be disrespectful etc. I just want us to have a leader that can unify us even if its a shitty game because in the absence of this we have no true guild..
Posted By: BigNasty Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/06/06 11:26 PM
i miss uo
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/07/06 01:16 AM
we have kgb on hybrid we are chaos or order i can remember. Ive been work like mad hours so i wont have much time to play.
Posted By: Elph Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/07/06 03:24 PM
I understand uber, but I don't think that KGB will ever be under oen game. Darkfall has great potential but I know there won't be a full KGB participation just most. KGB is to be factionalized that is just the way jet had intended our system to work and it was jets dream of how he wanted KGB to be spread out amongst several games etc.
It works good when there are actual games to play, but it does have alot of bugs that is for sure.

There is just no game out now for anyone of us to play and as you can see from this thread some of the old mmo timers, who's first mmo was uo are eager to get involved in the free shard and the others who's first mmo was maybe daoc or sb can't stand uo because of it being 2d etc
while we have different faction leaders leading kgb in whatever game, Jet is the leader of KGB,we are here because of him so I just want people to remember that
Posted By: JetStar Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/16/06 12:32 PM
I think Elph covered the Uber issue pretty much but I wanted to add something.

I would like to add that before you make assumptions regarding my interest or involvement, you should speak to me directly. I have been speaking for a long time about finding a game that we would all play together. I see nothking on the horizon and I wanted us to all get a chance to at least do something. UO came to mind as a easy and free alternative.

Someday I will lead a faction government once again, but until the right game comes, I wont invest the time. I hope that one of the potential games in development is really something that can unite us.

As for for UO, I am going to play, and get a chance to hang out with many of you once I return from my travels this coming weekend.
Posted By: Elph Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/16/06 02:41 PM
i can't wait jet me and kaly started to play last night we are making dex monkeys
Posted By: JetStar Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/17/06 07:00 AM
I am going to make two Jets, just like the old days. One will be a dex monkey and the other will be a stealth mage.
Posted By: Elph Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/17/06 11:24 AM
oh cool i got elph as a dex monkey and if i make a mage i will revive Cosmic Charlie from my pre KGB days
she was my first mmo char ever.
Posted By: Rheea Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/19/06 06:54 PM
First step is to download darlin' .

EVERYONE REDOWNLOAD THE DARN GAME!!!!

CONTACT ME

Shamino55 on AIM!

I'm on vent ALL THE TIME!

I work from 4-10 tonight though... Will be on at 10:30!
Posted By: Elph Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 05/19/06 11:08 PM
lol i am already downloaded
ive been in game 3 or 4 days.
bah i don't use aim or vent, i think Kalypso plans to get a headset this weekend so i can use his pc if needed for contact but i don't like voice too much..

Boo on the work i am in bed by then lol
Posted By: Rahl Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 11/14/06 11:17 PM
I would like to join if it is still active as long as it is free
Posted By: Heidi Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 11/16/06 03:44 AM
Its 100% free. Donations are accepted for items like skill balls and gold/silver. Its a pretty good setup check them out at uogamers.com
Posted By: Elph Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 11/20/06 02:08 AM
shrd is active but there is no KGB there really anymore
Posted By: Winter Re: A possible UO based KGB World? - 11/30/06 09:45 AM
Jet,

You build it and I will be there with bells on. Will be nice to "come home"
© The KGB Oracle