The KGB Oracle
It is official. KGB Vanguard is now an official closed faction. We are playing on the Tharridon FFA server. All KGB members have 10 days to comply with General Order #2 and either drop any non-KGB tag (run with no tag) or wear the KGB tag.
Just a couple nights ago, we formed the official KGB presence.

Several of us came together to form the organization.

Everyone should join us! Dont be scared by the hype, the system requirements are based on your graphics mode. Here are the requirements RIGHT OFF THE BOX:

2.4Ghz Intel or 2400+ AMD processor
512m RAM
Directx 9
20g Free Disk Space

This game is the best thing out there right now. The FFA server offers a real mission for KGB to fight the RPK and protect the innocent. The grind is fun and I am enjoying myself more than I have in YEARS.

Crafting is way diferent in this game, and there is a real need for resources and cash. Even if your machine is sub-standard, you can still play a part!

I hope you will join us very soon!
Best of luck to everyone that participates in this faction. Make us all proud =)
If you run with a system of those specs you will suck hardcore.

You will not enjoy PVP.. A caster will start to cast and you lag up the entire fight.

you really need 2g of ram. I only have 1g of ram with a 2.4 system.

It's very difficult for me to play for the PVP.

Just so you know before you find the big suprise of >>> WTF.. LAG.....!!!...
Taxman is there - and there are plenty of bad-guys volunteering to be targets!

Indeed - as Dust said, that is the minimal spec - and I wouldn't expect the performance to be stellar on that rig. If you have more RAM, or a better graphics card, it would be better than the minimals.

I won't lie - there are some bugs/issues in the game, but what current title (even Non-MMO's) do not release without any problems? They (Sigil) seem very proactive and working on the issues. I have seen a LOT more communication from these folks then I ever saw from the developers of WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, and Ultima Online.

Is it perfect? No.

Is it fun? So far the majority of the players I have talked with say Yes!

But I will need to upgrade... Well you will likely have to upgrade to run any new titles anyway. The system spec for Darkfall or any other modern (or future) title will not be any less.

Hope to see ya!
Someone that has the game, please hook me up with a Free Trial Code, if there is one. That way I can give it a look over before I'd possibly buy anything. I'm a poor mofo.
Quote:

If you run with a system of those specs you will suck hardcore.

You will not enjoy PVP.. A caster will start to cast and you lag up the entire fight.

you really need 2g of ram. I only have 1g of ram with a 2.4 system.

It's very difficult for me to play for the PVP.

Just so you know before you find the big suprise of >>> WTF.. LAG.....!!!...

I am running 1GB RAM (PC3200 Dual Channel), 128MB ATI card on a 2.8GHz box & in the standard "Best Performance" settings (with a gamma tweak for my ultra dark monitor) ... I am not experiencing any significant lag issues in PvP. the key is the "Best Performance" settings. 1 step up from best performance & lag city, the out-of-the-box "Balanced" (2 steps up from Best Performance) settings are unplayable.
The following is a link to a great tutorial that will help anyone who plays this game get better FPS. It is very user friendly and makes the world of difference.

Tutorial for editing your vgclient.ini for max performance
http://vanguard.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=499
Ugh.

System specs on my machine are tolerable. The only question would be the graphics board. I still run an AGP system. Thus, the weak part of the machine will likely be the graphics card. My specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD FX-60 Dual Core ( the LAST 939 processor btw )
Ram: 3GB
GFX: Nvidia 6800 Ultra ( 256 mb on the card )

After the performance I saw on Flight Simulator X ( pathetic thanks, it's in the closet now ) I worry about the system requirements that are on the box anymore :|

-Daye
Man, I'm running the game on:

Intel 3.4 ghz cpu
ATI Radeon X850XT
1 gig of ram

on the just below average (High performance) setting and the game runs totally fine. I have another gig of ram coming in from newegg.com tomorrow, so I'll have 2 gigs by tomorrow afternoon.

Are you concerned that your rig won't be able to play the game at all, or just not at the highest setting? I ask, because even at the lowest setting the graphics are still totally plausible.

Now if they'd just make leveling a little faster =P
The spec requirements are not as bad as everyone thinks. It truly depends on why you play this type of game. If your looking for the eye candy only, then yes, you need to have a monster machine with all the latest gadgets. If you want a good game experience, with excellent PvP and such, with good to great graphics, you do not need the monster machine.

On the leveling note, I think they are working it to some extent, but whats the rush? At level 50 you will then either be bored or at best, have to wait for others to catch up to have a sizable force to do something.

So far, as is my usualy pattern, I have changed characters about every 3 days, trying to decide what best to play. I can get to level 10 in a few short hours, and level 12 in about 8..after that, things tend to slow down on solo, but if you have some group action, you can keep it steady. On my highest character, with the recent changes, I noticed a major increase in leveling experience coming in solo, actually faster than group, after level 16.
It doesn't need to be at the highest setting, but then I don't want to play at atari 2600 resolution just to get it to run either

Remember Shadowbane in it's high performance mode ? It was just floating heads running about lol
OMG I forgot all about Shadowbanes idea of "best performance" LOL!
I'd like to, but blizzard is holding my family hostage.
ive been playing wheres everyone at? vent is super quiet im just curious whats going on?
AHHHH im going crazy right now Jet I have not been able to log in due to exams and the need to write papers and study, soon though!!! and when I do its gonna be like crazy to, darka talkt o me on msn next chance you get!!
SoE are Nazi's and I will never support another one of their games. Would really love to play with all of you again, but I will not give another cent to those bastards.
That's what I said after SWG... yea it wasn't pretty.

Sigil has done a helluva job - I think it will be completely diffrent, as long as SoE stays out of things.
Malphas I am there, you must come! Well kaly's pc needs to have more ram he's only got a gig and he can't move at all. Graphics and everything are turned low and still no go. We got 2 sticks of 512 in there and we need to get him two gig sticks but we are enjoying the game just having to share.
Quote:

Malphas I am there, you must come! Well kaly's pc needs to have more ram he's only got a gig and he can't move at all. Graphics and everything are turned low and still no go. We got 2 sticks of 512 in there and we need to get him two gig sticks but we are enjoying the game just having to share.

Check your video card first... I run the game just fine with 1 gig of ram, but I have a 3.4ghx dual core p4 with a GeForce 6800.
© The KGB Oracle