The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Tasorin Operation: Salem Beta - 03/23/12 04:30 PM

Operation: Salem Beta has now gone live. This is a title that KGB has been looking at in 2012 along with the other numerous quality titles scheduled for release this year and 2013. This operations focus is to get as many individuals in the Salem Beta as early as possible in order to get a grip on the game mechanics and min/max position for KGB to hit the ground running in this title. This operation is no different then any other KGB RECON effort in a title and KGB will continue to try and help with quality veteran input to help guide a game out of the loose zone.

****To sing up please see Salem Beta Oracle Thread. There is a referel process we will be using to make sure we are referring each other and get priority invites. ****

Originally Posted By: Paradox Games

Paradox Interactive’s MMO goes into BETA end of April 2012

NEW YORK – March 23, 2012 – Paradox Interactive and Seatribe today announced the opening of Beta sign-ups for upcoming Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) game, Salem. Developed by Seatribe, Salem is set in the New World when pilgrims were the norm and the frontier was still the greatest risk to a person’s health.

Salem is a unique core gaming experience for MMO players and crafting enthusiasts, known best for its Permadeath mechanic where in-game characters succumb to the harsh wilderness environment. Interested Beta testers can sign up here to participate in the beta.

“We’ve been getting Beta requests from gamers since we announced Salem and it’s great to finally be able to let people into the beta testing” said Björn Johannessen , lead designer at Seatribe. “We’ve chosen to keep the sign up completely open, the more the merrier, and will do our best to listen to all feedback we get”, he continued.

Salem is a free-to-play MMO and scheduled to release in Q3, 2012.

GO KGB!

For Beer and Glory!!

2011 Game Trailer:

Some Alpha In Game footage:

Post GDC 12 Interview w/ Creative Director Björn Johannessen:

2011 Pre-Alpha Witchcraft Gameplay w/ Creative Director Björn Johannessen:

Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/23/12 04:31 PM
Great job inspector tas!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/23/12 04:44 PM
If you cut me, I bleed Beer & Win. What can I say.

-Primo Vato [Hive Number: 007]
Posted By: RedKGB Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/24/12 02:36 AM
Very sweet, can I get access thingy to it?
Posted By: Sini Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/24/12 03:16 PM
I like crafting, I am even open to permadeath... but is there PvP in the game?
Posted By: Arkh Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/24/12 03:21 PM
If it is like HnH, yup. That's why permadeath is a big risk.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/24/12 03:26 PM
Yes there is PvP with consequences and full loot to include raiding other peoples stuff. Mind you, all with consequences, to include being hunted and put to Perma Death. In Salem they are going to try and implement a "Heredity" function so that the next character you make is considered the child and inherits some of the skills acquired by the character that died.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/24/12 04:42 PM
I was the master of dying in HnH
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/24/12 05:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Yes there is PvP with consequences and full loot to include raiding other peoples stuff. Mind you, all with consequences, to include being hunted and put to Perma Death. In Salem they are going to try and implement a "Heredity" function so that the next character you make is considered the child and inherits some of the skills acquired by the character that died.

They had this in HnH.. As someone who also died (you didn't if I remember) you could recover some of your lost LP from a relative that died.. It was already there, ask Donk and I ;)
Posted By: Sini Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/24/12 06:04 PM

That is a good way of implementing statloss.

Full loot, PKing (so we can hunt them!).. sounds very exciting. I want to get in :)

I am ready to go Cortez on someone's ass!
Posted By: Arkh Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/24/12 10:53 PM
As I don't think you've played HnH, here is what system it used (which may be the one in Salem): you could steal, damage property, trespass, attack people, kill them. But each of those act would leave a sent for some time depending on the gravity of the act.
A ranger could see and collect those sents then use them to pinpoint you, your hearthfire (your spawnpoint) or the stolen goods. When in range of your hearthfire, if the act was bad enough, they could summon you (specially if not online) to kill you.
Risk, reward, consequences: a very good system. The toon grind is just crazy as it has no limit.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/24/12 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps

Aww how I miss Donk 3!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/25/12 12:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague

Aww how I miss Donk 3!

Fuck! God damn bear killed me on my raft again, sumanabitch!!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/25/12 12:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Arkh
As I don't think you've played HnH, here is what system it used (which may be the one in Salem): you could steal, damage property, trespass, attack people, kill them. But each of those act would leave a sent for some time depending on the gravity of the act.
A ranger could see and collect those sents then use them to pinpoint you, your hearthfire (your spawnpoint) or the stolen goods. When in range of your hearthfire, if the act was bad enough, they could summon you (specially if not online) to kill you.
Risk, reward, consequences: a very good system. The toon grind is just crazy as it has no limit.

Same main house(Paradox Games) as HnH. Expect to see the HnH rule sets as the undertone to the game mechanics. Essentially this is HnH 2.1 re-skinned, with upgrades, improvements and additions on every front of the game mechanics that drive this title.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/25/12 02:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague

Aww how I miss Donk 3!

Fuck! God damn bear killed me on my raft again, sumanabitch!!
Ah, the good ole days. I remember finding the bones of one of Donk's corpses on a hunting expedition.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/25/12 03:13 AM
Donk 3 had the strongest foundation in the land!

Heaven forbid the server drops and your boat dissapears!
Posted By: JetStar Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/25/12 05:43 PM
This sounds kinda interesting! Ranger sounds historical KGBish.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/25/12 05:49 PM
It's definitely serious business. Being a good ranger with a solid reputation is one of the most lucrative things in that game.

Very fulfilling.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/26/12 12:58 AM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

This is why we did a recon of HnH.
Posted By: RedKGB Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/26/12 01:15 AM

Some of us here playing also. :)
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/26/12 02:18 PM
Originally Posted By: RedKGB

Re-apply for Citizenship.
Posted By: RedKGB Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/26/12 10:05 PM
Originally Posted By: RedKGB

Re-apply for Citizenship.

You got me in a good mood.

Item #1. History of KGB Citizenship: http://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=73718#Post73718

Item #1.A The Oath At no times limits one Citizenship to activity, nor being playing the same games as The KGB :

Oath of KGB
The Knights of Glory and Beer

As a Citizen of the KGB Nation, my personal integrity is irreproachable. I will never degrade myself by the lying to, cheating of, stealing from, or harming my fellow Citizens or declared Allies. I hold myself personally and unequivocally responsible to ensure the preservation of the honor of the Citizenship and good name of the KGB at all times. I will, to the best of my power, uphold and defend the KGB Constitution while preventing all offences against the persons and properties of the KGB Nation.

Item #2. So I have shown I am a Citizen of KGB. Since there is no evadince of being expiled nor exiled. Nor have I at any time in the pass renounced my Citizenship. I am a Ciztizen of KGB, regradless if I am in a game currently played by The KGB.

Item #3. There is no Offical Faction, nor Open Faction in HnH. : http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/search.php?keywords=*KGB&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Item #4. The only mention of KGB in HnH is here, by me. :http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/search.php?keywords=Knights+of+Glory+and+Beer&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

In Summary:

I am a Citizen of The Knights of Glory and Beer. There is no faction in HnH nor does there appear to be one for Salem to apply to.

Signed: RedKGB
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/26/12 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: redkgb

Uh I am confused, you said you needed access to the Secure section of the KGB Oracle and you are marked "Band-1" So either you are or you are not a Citizen, which one is it?

If you are a citizen, then you have full access to the Oracle, if you are not a Citizen and don't have full access to the Oracle, then see my previous post and re-apply.

You probably got flushed during a purge for failing to log into the Oracle for more then 90 days.

Lastly, please don't get in a pissing match with me over the KGB Articles of Confederation. I was simply responding to your request for access to the secure section of the forum.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/26/12 10:56 PM
Reapply...you have my vote. :)
Posted By: RedKGB Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/27/12 12:28 AM
Originally Posted By: redkgb

Uh I am confused, you said you needed access to the Secure section of the KGB Oracle and you are marked "Band-1" So either you are or you are not a Citizen, which one is it?

If you are a citizen, then you have full access to the Oracle, if you are not a Citizen and don't have full access to the Oracle, then see my previous post and re-apply.

You probably got flushed during a purge for failing to log into the Oracle for more then 90 days.

Lastly, please don't get in a pissing match with me over the KGB Articles of Confederation. I was simply responding to your request for access to the secure section of the forum.

Well seeing how this is your first time to quote my request for access, then yes, this is your first time responding to it. Yes my access was purged from the forums but not my citizenship, and you clearly posted re-apply for cizitenship and not access. Third I am not in a pissing contest, and if you can't handle someone plainly and rightfully standing up for themsleves, then the issue is with your self and not me. And lastly, thank you for useing please this time. Thank you very much. Respect goes a long way.:)

And yes I will reapply for access. Thank you for your time.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/27/12 12:44 AM
Red, don't fret over was Tas says... He's just an old troll. ;)
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/27/12 01:18 AM
Both of you can kiss my old troll ass.
Posted By: RedKGB Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/27/12 01:38 AM
Both of you can kiss my old troll ass.

Now that brought a smile to my face, lol, thank you.

And yes slinger I agree.
Posted By: Banshee Re: Operation: Salem Beta - 03/29/12 02:08 PM
Tas is not old....so silly that boy is still wet behind the ears(don't ask why...sick) but he is a troll.
© The KGB Oracle