The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/02/11 06:02 AM
KGB VENT SERVER UPDATED

See the HELP section for all the changes to KGB Secure Vent. We have relaxed some of the security to meet our current situation. A new password and relaxed restrictions await you.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/02/11 03:40 PM
One of the things I would like to see is a unified single vent. All the past should be water under the proverbial KGB Bridge. There is no reason SWTOR/GW2/PS2/CC/DDO/LoL/BF3 all cannot co-exist on one Vent in separate channels and no ones feathers get ruffled.

Make it happen.
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/03/11 03:02 AM
I tried, I said KGB membership was not even required. I offered to drop any problems I had with anyone. It was completely ignored.

I cant force people to use KGB Secure vent.
Posted By: Phaq Death Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/03/11 03:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
One of the things I would like to see is a unified single vent. All the past should be water under the proverbial KGB Bridge. There is no reason SWTOR/GW2/PS2/CC/DDO/LoL/BF3 all cannot co-exist on one Vent in separate channels and no ones feathers get ruffled.

Make it happen.

I 2nd that Idea
Posted By: Kaotic Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/03/11 12:16 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
I tried, I said KGB membership was not even required. I offered to drop any problems I had with anyone. It was completely ignored.

I cant force people to use KGB Secure vent.

You weren't ignored. Some people have power in Jonus' vent that don't have those privileges in KGB secure vent and they are either comfortable there or don't want to relinquish that power. Human nature. I personally use Jonus' vent because when I do check in on the other vent no one is there except maybe one or two idlers...
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/03/11 02:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
You weren't ignored. Some people have power in Jonus' vent that don't have those privileges in KGB secure vent and they are either comfortable there or don't want to relinquish that power. Human nature. I personally use Jonus' vent because when I do check in on the other vent no one is there except maybe one or two idlers...

I would share admin with just about any KGB member. Not going to happen with non-members is the only catch.

For years there was a huge population in KGB Secure Vent. Right now there is only DDO and DFO and they both have small populations. DFO is currently in alliance vent.
Posted By: Phaq Death Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/03/11 03:51 PM
Right now there is only DDO and DFO and they both have small populations. DFO is currently in alliance vent.

Crimecraft and Planetside 2 aswell (still small) Im usally on that vent but i dont get home till late I hop over to oldschool sometimes and usally every one is afk
Posted By: uzeonie Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/03/11 04:12 PM
Im buying kgb there own dedicated server soon :P Very soon.
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/03/11 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: uzeonie
Im buying kgb there own dedicated server soon :P Very soon.

We have a great one that is real cheap now, lets talk about this in private!
Posted By: Sini Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/03/11 05:55 PM
Relaxing vent rules is all-around great idea, but I still don't think it was relaxed enough. In my opinion, there is no need for our vent to be secure. There are no games (that I am aware of) that we engage in that require hush-hush secrecy of individualized, password protected accounts.

You can always create separate passwords for "need-to-know" chat rooms.

Rest of the vent should be "whatever", I imagine if all KGB used vent all the time you'd be hard pressed to have time when admin is not on to kick misbehaving people.

I see Vent as a community-building tool, more barriers we put in place for using it, more barriers exist for the community formation/continuation.

As of right now we have KGB forums, it isn't hard to rotate password every month to keep strangers out. Every KGB member should and could log-in into forums to get this month's password. That is all security we ever need! Having separate secure forum structure AND secure vent structure is highly redundant.

/rant

Posted By: Valaria Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/03/11 07:11 PM
Originally Posted By: sinij

You can always create separate passwords for "need-to-know" chat rooms.

Bad idea if you are meaning for things other than like an Officer channel. People get very picky about who is in their channel and more drama ensues from this. Seen it way too many times.

Originally Posted By: sinij

Relaxing vent rules is all-around great idea, but I still don't think it was relaxed enough. In my opinion, there is no need for our vent to be secure. There are no games (that I am aware of) that we engage in that require hush-hush secrecy of individualized, password protected accounts.

That is true as far as I know, It was on lock down primarily while we were still very active playing Darkfall Online. Which did require secrecy.

I think Jet opened it up enough now that it shouldnt hinder people from coming onto the vent and being able to converse with other KGB. I have been on other vents that some would call "open" and lemme tell ya there really isnt much difference from ours currently. Is there some special vent ability you feel everyone should have access to that the public users do not?? They can speak and move... what else do they need?
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/04/11 12:37 AM
Well until we get in a game, maybe we should remove the password all together, just like Jonus vent.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/04/11 04:44 AM
I see the same issues as others, I show up in secure, and no one is there, I go to Jonus and everyone is there. For planetside this will change I promise you that, as I want the larger vent accommodation for new conscripts secure vent will be a state requirement.
Posted By: Gopher Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/06/11 02:26 AM
i just need a password
Posted By: Valaria Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/06/11 12:23 PM
i was in KGB vent for a good few hours yesterday while playing BF3. Had a few of the DDO crew jump in and chat with me. I probly would have stayed longer... but one of my buddies that plays on there, asked if I would join his vent.

No offense to Jonus... but I prefer to use KGB vent and its assests over his private vent. Sucks all my fellow Knights choose that one over the one we all help fund. Kinda makes me feel like its a waste of our resources.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/08/11 06:47 PM
if you make the vent where we cant log in it then we probably not going to use it. i tried the information again and it just gives me errors.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/08/11 06:49 PM
we use it cause of other reasons val its not our fault not everyone can get along.
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/08/11 09:17 PM
Truth be told I think it is all about me. So former members that hang in the Jonus vent hate me.

Ryu, I tested and everything worked. What I think the issue is your password. You have an account. Just PM me with your desired password and I can fix.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/08/11 11:13 PM
Truth be told I think it is all about me. So former members that hang in the Jonus vent hate me.

omfg seriously Jet we still playing that card?
Posted By: Helemoto Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/09/11 02:50 AM
Truth be told I never new KGB vent other then Jonus vent.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/09/11 03:09 AM
has nothing to do with you jet. the other vent was just easier to use and not everyone was allowed in kgb vent. so we just stuck with it.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/09/11 03:35 AM
This crap reminds of a Workaholics episode.

Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/09/11 10:38 PM
Wolfgang would do it for a buck twenty five, and a cold beer
Posted By: Tasorin Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/10/11 01:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Wolfgang would do it for a buck twenty five, and a cold beer

Wolfgand would do it for some ABC gum and nudie picks of his cousin.
Posted By: Phaq Death Re: KGB SECURE VENT UPDATED - 11/10/11 03:52 AM
I have helped every one that has said they was having problems with vent on here and got them on vent I dont mind doing it. If you are still having problems lemmie know and I'll get ya all set up
© The KGB Oracle