KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#91750 08/23/11 07:33 AM
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...hp_mostpop_read

"In addition, the extraordinarily complex tax code is replete with favors to various interest groups and industries, favors granted by politicians seeking to retain power. Mortgage interest deductions support the private housing industry at the expense of renters. Generous fringe benefits are not taxed at all, in order to support union and government workers at the expense of people who buy their own insurance with after-tax dollars. Gifts to charities are deductible but gifts to grandchildren are not. That's just a short list, and all of it is unfair.

Governments have an obligation to spend our tax money on programs that work. They fail at this fundamental task. Do we really need dozens of retraining programs with no measure of performance or results? Do we really need to spend money on solar panels, windmills and battery-operated cars when we have ample energy supplies in this country? Do we really need all the regulations that put an estimated $2 trillion burden on our economy by raising the price of things we buy? Do we really need subsidies for domestic sugar farmers and ethanol producers? "

Harvey Golub is a rhetorical badass.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #91751 08/23/11 09:18 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
He definately nails it.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Considering WSJ is owned by News Corp. I am kinda surprised they ran that article. Seems more like an article from Huffington Post.

Event the people who write the damn tax codes openly admit the system in bereft with unfair tax code that has stacked up over the last 50 years.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
On Huffington, I have only seen articles along the lines of " people who have what I dont should have their money taken by armed thugs and some should be given to me" and " How dare humans disturb some obscure animal in their quest to make a living for themselves and their families".

WSJ is owned by Newscorp now which is sad, but I dont think Ariana Huffington allows a single post on her blog that makes even the slightest bit of sense, or at least I have yet to see it. Some of it is good for entertainment value though.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #91757 08/23/11 06:57 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Tas I think you've drank some skunk beer or something. I've never seen anything like that on the Huffington post. I think Derid said it best when he said,
Quote:
I dont think Ariana Huffington allows a single post on her blog that makes even the slightest bit of sense.
I have to agree!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 08/23/11 06:59 PM.
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

If you want to read a liberal leaning rag that has contributors that at least make sense go read www.theatlantic.com

Its pretty liberal, but the signal/noise ratio is much better. Ave IQ of Atlantic editorial writers is probably about 30 pts higher than Huffington.

Derid #91767 08/24/11 08:06 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Good one coming out about CEO of Comcast and CNBC with direct connections to Obama. Wonder why there was no Antitrust stink when Comcast bought up NBC, well when you play golf and have the President over for Dinner when he is on vacation, you don't have to worry about bullshit like antiturst laws.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Derid #91776 08/24/11 01:01 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Ave IQ of Atlantic editorial writers is probably about 30 pts higher than Huffington.

Achieving an IQ of 90 isn't really that hard though Derid smile

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard