KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,016,951 Trump card
1,338,810 Picture Thread
477,749 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Undecided unless it shows me something that is just jaw dropping omg-I-gotta-go-buy-this-today kind of amazing.

Personally ? I would say wait a month and see how it's going.
Nothing like launch time lag / crashes / issues that are practically the standard anymore. . . :|

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It was a rant of sorts, so I wiped it.

-Daye

Last edited by Daye; 06/26/07 07:21 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It looks like initially, we're looking at consensual pvp unless they decide enough want it and they will dedicate a
server to it.

City building and what not. Going to see the o-dark thirty bashing ala ShadowBane once again I think.

Not sure how well I like the idea of your l33t mousing skills determining your slashing ability and whatnot. If
that's the case, I'm gonna whip out my graphics tablet and
go to town. Related issue is a macro program that simply mimics mouse movement and owns anyone it comes up against.

We will see no fewer than ONE BILLION rogues opening day.
You heard it here first !

Has anyone been in the beta? Need some in game opinions
on this asap.

Missing in Action - October 2021
I wish there was a "Uhhh, Yeah, I guess." option, as I'm not super excited about another leveling game (level grind is so gross, I don't give a shit how they handle PVP between players of different level, I want to stab myself in the eye with a plastic picnic spoon every time I see an XP bar!), but I love to play with you guys, so you know I'll be there until Darkfall releases!

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
You didn't seem to like the idea of FURY, with no grind whatsoever, and PVP; yet you also don't like a game such as AOC with leveling...is it DFO for you then? Otherwise, wtf is it you want? lol...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
To me, something like FURY may as well be Counter Strike, and anything that have levels may as well be WoW. I don't want to PVP for all of my gear, I'd rather go through the age old process of buy low, sell high, buy resources, and have a guild crafter bolt a few sheets of steel together for me so I can go do whatever it is I'm going to do -- be it burn a city or slay a 'young pup'.

I like me gear generic and easy(ish) to get, and when I die, I expect to lose it all.

What I want in a game is what Darkfall seems to offer, almost flawlessly: the "grind" from old school UO and the empire building concept first presented to us in Shadowbane. I expect friendly fire to always be something to worry about, and the FPS style controls promised to us with Darkfall is just a nice little kicker. So yeah, it is Darkfall for me -- and if it's a total disappointment I'll probably just donate my body to some crazy scientist in Eastern Europe somewhere...

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Quote:

I voted for undecided since I'm not sure how busy I'll be at that time. If I do end up playing it'll probably be pretty casually.. maybe 5-10 hours a week.

same here

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

To me, something like FURY may as well be Counter Strike, and anything that have levels may as well be WoW. I don't want to PVP for all of my gear, I'd rather go through the age old process of buy low, sell high, buy resources, and have a guild crafter bolt a few sheets of steel together for me so I can go do whatever it is I'm going to do -- be it burn a city or slay a 'young pup'.

I like me gear generic and easy(ish) to get, and when I die, I expect to lose it all.

What I want in a game is what Darkfall seems to offer, almost flawlessly: the "grind" from old school UO and the empire building concept first presented to us in Shadowbane. I expect friendly fire to always be something to worry about, and the FPS style controls promised to us with Darkfall is just a nice little kicker. So yeah, it is Darkfall for me -- and if it's a total disappointment I'll probably just donate my body to some crazy scientist in Eastern Europe somewhere...

That's the point: FURY is like counterstrike...actually better - like BF2, where as you kill people in PVP you gain rank/skill points that you can place in areas to give your character new abilities. You can also dump your abilities before every battle and place them elsewhere to fit what you want to do. Melee one battle, and maybe, if it's there; magic the next. Yah, there's no real grind for gear, which I love, because I'm a faithful proponent for Player Skill > Character Skill > Gear.

DFO looks like a hybrid between Shadowbane and a more FPS type movement game, which looks great. AOC isn't going to be as "Grinding" mentality as VG or EQ - Because there's actually something to do end game besides kill bosses to get gear to kill better bosses: Seige cities and conquer enemies, Conan style.

FURY just seems like a breath of fresh air for me. I can log in for 30 min and get all the PVP I can handle, then log out and go about my day. It's the end game, with earned modifications as you go. Hard to beat for someone that can give a shit about having to excessively grind levels, grind crafting, etc to get superficial gear. It's the game for people that only have 5-10 hours a week to play. It's a must for every game lover at times in their life where their nose is to the grindstone all day, and don't have a lot of time for absorbing games.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Proud to say that I am the single No vote!

No yarrrbbq'ing in this game, pffft!

Band 3
Band 3
unsure, still waiting for my gaming rig back...

Jacon Clay 3xGM mage voted as "The Worst Red Ever" "I'm okay at PvP... But what I lack in skill, I make up for in Luck" "I love Wisps!" ~ the day 4 wisps killed 3 SL blues chasing my red. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard