KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Slinger Offline OP
Missing in Action - October 2021
OP Offline
It's a pretty quick read, and could make a serious impact on the way you look at the future and what needs to be done to make a good one...

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps:

clicky

Last edited by Slinger; 04/26/07 05:17 AM.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Maybe if you knew how to make a clicky ;p

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Garal #19887 04/27/07 07:45 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
For an alternative opinion on this tripe, go here.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
One side is right, the other is wrong, I guess... Here's a little more reading on the same topic.

These two articles basically boil down to the same thing, the first makes points of relation to other times and events in history, while the second is a bit longer and talks about today's situation in particular:

Gene Callahan's "Welcome to Fascist America!"

Amnesty International's review of the Military Commission Act of 2006

Owain, find me some reading that dismisses these articles simply by dismissing them... rightwingnews.com, bah!

Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
And a little more from a man who I feel the right wing would relate to really well, General Tommy Franks, taken from an interview with Cigar Aficionado magazine.

This is just a snippet from the interview, and it holds the same meaning both in and out of context with the rest of the interview. This is the part I care about.

"CA: You just said that the war in Iraq was not just about weapons of mass destruction, but is part of the overall fight against terrorism. Given that profound statement, what are your feelings about criticism of President Bush that because we've found no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, it suggests the president misled our country, and we had no business going to war there?

Gen. Franks: That's a fair question. I'll give you an answer on two levels. First off, with respect to the whole discussion of what was known that caused our government to decide to go into Iraq and how that was tied to the war on terrorism, and so forth: my first comment is, Ain't this a great country! The people who crafted our Constitution more than 200 years ago saw fit to enable America to be informed, saw fit to enable both negativists and positivists to make their points forcefully. Ain't this a great country? The fact that there is negativism and questioning and political debate and discussion and sniping, and so forth, satisfies me just fine. I'm OK with that.

Now, let me talk to the substance of your question: Two years after the fact of 9/11, we should ask ourselves what is—not in 1941, not in 1917ñ1918—today, in the twenty-first century, what is the worst thing that can happen in our country? The worst thing that can happen is, perhaps—and this is my personal opinion—two steps. The first step would be a nexus between weapons of mass destruction of any variety. It could be chemical, it could be biological, it could be some nuclear device; and terrorism. Terrorists or any human being who is committed to the proposition of terror, try to just create casualties, not for the purpose of annihilation, but to terrify a population. We see it in the Middle East today, in order to change the mannerisms, the behavior, the sociology and, ultimately, the anthropology of a society.

That goes to step number two, which is that the western world, the free world, loses what it cherishes most, and that is freedom and liberty we've seen for a couple of hundred years in this grand experiment that we call democracy. Now, in a practical sense, what does that mean? It means the potential of a weapon of mass destruction and a terrorist, massive casualty-producing event somewhere in the western world—it may be in the United States of America—that causes our population to question our own Constitution and to begin to militarize our country in order to avoid a repeat of another mass-casualty-producing event. Which, in fact, then begins to potentially unravel the fabric of our Constitution. Two steps: very, very important."

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
First of all when I read something that is slanted only to one side I stop reading it.
Second of all who can tell me why both sides disagree on everything.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Lack of Balance and Objectivity.

Our Nation is screaming for a strong independent party to step up to the plate - We're just too confused by the propaganda of both parties to fully realize it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well for the reason they dont agree I belive its to keep everyone divided to stop a 3rd party from getting any real power.

I do agree that a viable 3rd party is what we need, awwww screw that we need 3 or 4 more, but that is wishful thinking.

To get a 3rd party going they need to work up from the bottom and not try for the President everytime.

Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
In the particular case of the article I originally posted, followed by the article Owain posted, they contradict each other because the latter was designed to do only that. It's common to see this in political arguments, especially when one sides argument is about as deep is "It's not this way, well, uhh, because, it doesn't matter, they told us it was better for us this way..."

This isn't about how liberal some people are. This isn't about how conservative some people are. This is about the fact that the definition of 'freedom' here in the United States is being carved away at piece by piece. If you do your homework on the Military Commission Act you'll find that it's wishy-washy when noting who may or may not be deemed an "enemy combatant" and subject to treatment according to the Military Commission Act. While supporters of the Act will state that the changes made from earlier versions of the Act use the word 'alien' to specify who is covered under the Act, it's still very controversial, seeing as the rest of the act provides the executive branch with the ability to deny lawyers access to "top secret" information concerning the case unless they're 'qualified' to view it. So once you've been deemed an "enemy combatant" and taken into potentially indefinite detention (as made possible by our lovely Act), as long as the government doesn't want you to be heard from again, they just slap your case with a little "Top Secret" stamp and hide you away in a one man cell until they're bored of you, and then they get away with it by saying "oops".

In short, our system of checks and balances is being twisted, manipulated, and dismantled. While you read about what's happening in our country, keep in mind that the Holocaust started with the Jews, and went much, much farther.

Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes! We need more parties that are viable! To only have 2 real contenders for elections is on the verge of being unconstitutional (I have to do some homework before I say that it *is* unconstitutional), but it hasn't, and probably won't happen because democracy is ill-fated to not last for a long period of time in it's true form. It seems that a Leftist party and a Rightist party is the best compromise we've been able to make with the natural laws of trust/distrust, language, propaganda, and all of that other fun stuff that keeps us buried in the corrosive loop we're in.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard