KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Bandit #125583 07/06/14 01:59 PM
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
I went to the omega server and started fresh to grow a toon with the new changes. It was better than trying to figure it all out on the old toons. The changes seem to me to really make it important to have a cohesive group of people to work with.

The changes are not bad really once you get a feel for them. Most of the crafting changed from praying to the rng gods to give you a rare to grow lots. So quantity over quality other then they added crafting stabilizers to the high level stuff that you can only get from trade packs to the other continent. So you need friends to help you get those.

Overall not bad really as long as you have friends to play with.

Bandit #125584 07/06/14 03:09 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Aye solo, small group or guild will be crushed.

Will hope changes come shifting back to what it was but this is going to be a 5-10 person, guild, group game and those who have numbers are going to own the game. Not real nice IMO because once those large guilds and alliances break down from lack of anything to do, since they likely rule the economy and PVP with the best possible gear their will be no one to pick up the pieces.

Ictinike #125586 07/07/14 11:35 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
60 Day Merchant services expired on 6/27, so I am stuck with this purchase. For better or worse. Hopefully they figure it out and Trion protects its own revenue stream as the publisher with the monthly nut they expect to get. No one wants to play a broken piece of shyte that is a Korean grinder with a pay to have advantage element. You would think these ass pirates would have figured it out by now.

Then again, they got my $165. Absolutely the last game I pay for that is not fully released and live.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #125598 07/08/14 06:05 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
With my cultist I have found no difference in game play. Granted it is only 33.

Bandit #125627 07/12/14 02:42 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Tas they *say* things will get better.

I have found respec'ing does help but the grind on crafting, while possibly warranted, is a bigger grind. I don't mind working and grinding for something and seems the more I look at this and see the back and forth on the forums; it may be for the good.

Prior to 1.2, particular crafting prof's could race to the 10-20k within only weeks with help from others and partially cornering the market. Some were rumored to bringing in over 100g per day from doing simple tasks that really should be taking longer to first achieve and second completing either daily or weekly. These have stopped. The wild price gouges on particular items have slowed or stopped (possibly because people gave up) and it's slowly [the economy] is starting to settle down and now that more and more are catching up to those milestones [20-50k] you see lots more capitalistic movements where supply and demand start to mean something.

Again, I'm still grinding various crafting professions, namely tailoring and I just got to 5k to make my 30-40 suit. I can only make 1-2 pieces because of the other rare components [that are not easily found by anyone these days] so it means something when I'm able to make one. People are selling labor now so they are paying someone to cut their lumber, spin their fabric and this is emerging as it's own micro-economy.

It does still suck in places, not going to lie. Health and Mana regen are hard to overcome while grinding mobs for quests or otherwise. You now have to stop and wait, use instruments or actually use crafted food. Guess what, now cooking has fallen into one of the profs that no one used to do but now is needed by all.

So, I'll continuing playing and at first, when getting waxed by everything and giving up a few times, I respec'ed and learned to play better. I still have issues, everyone does, but it's an evolution and they say things will change with the next patch. Their hands are tied for actually doing anything but they are in talks with XL and really if they [XL] wants this to success as much as Trion states; they have to bend a bit and in doing so may make things better over time.

I don't feel I've lost my 150$ but, for now, feel now it's an investment in something that was good but a race to who can make XXX gold to strategically finding what niche's are out there and fighting for something you believe in.

Cheers,
~Icky

btw, I'm Xanthian on Alpha server if anyone wants to PM me or something.. :)

Ictinike #125647 07/14/14 04:54 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I figure I am going to wait until they are deep in Beta and closer to live launch before I spend 40-100 more hours on this Title.

Money Spent. Fingers Crossed.

Bandit #125648 07/14/14 05:11 PM
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Ya, I'm holding off time Beta time or closer to launch. Putting to much time into an alpha seems like time wasted.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Bandit #125649 07/14/14 05:32 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It's fun regardless at times so without playing anything else, I get in for an hour or more a night if I can.

Always learning, something to work towards.. never hurts

Bandit #125655 07/14/14 09:53 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I'm not even playing until release.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #125669 07/16/14 04:35 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: JetStar
I'm not even playing until release.

The late adapter tactic is probably going to be one that helps you play longer after live launch.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard