KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#124609 05/05/14 05:55 AM
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Without a doubt in my mind alongside Star Citizen, Archeage will be a big game for KGB. With the pre purchasing there is a 4 day head start. This will be huge and early speed is key to gaining key housing placements which will be advantageous to keeping a leg up.

Starting to compile info for people.

Helpful Links:

Build Calculator:
http://www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?...100011000100110

Trade Routes:
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1967-trade-routes-the-risky-road-to-fame-and-fortune/

Thoughts: (Lessons learned the hard way after 100 hrs of play)

So coming into this game we were 3 weeks behind the alpha testers that were in since the very beginning. (The purchasers of the Archeum packs got in later.)

My first thought was to rush to level cap that way I could be useful in helping others to level as well. I was a tad bit wrong in this theory as I skipped the entire crafting side of the game in lieu of just chasing the main quest line and all non crafting quests...(Go figure)

EARLY CRAFTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELING AS IT GIVES YOU THE LAND ADVANTAGE.

At the start of this game you should have 3 builds in mind. Two of these are for leveling and the 3rd is your end game PvP build.

1: Leveling build
2: Dungeon build
3: PvP build
A: Group build
B: Mass build

Now this game has a different system than anything recently out. You get to select 3 skill trees and from those skill trees select abilities/spells. As you level up and use abilities you get both skill points to unlock new abilities from your selected trees and those skills gain rank.

That aside questing is fairly straightforward and the game actually highlights where to go for you and uses a quest tracker.

The important thing is to get your farms down early.

First trade quests are for...

100 strawberries (crop)
100 goosefeathers (which you will need beans to feed your geese)
30 stone bricks (90 stone?)
? dye (flowers?)

Passing out at my desk, space to edit later.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Other pieces of info:

Nui Tears - used for gliders and ships. These are gained from quests, dailies or specific natural discoveries in the world. Can't be traded.

Gilda Stars- The most important currency. Used for houses, castle pieces for a shadowbane style pvp island where full out war between player made alliances occur. Obtained by dailies and trade missions. Can't be traded between players, but a well organized group can drop the packs and load up one player to hasten the gains.

Map of nui tears in Russian:
http://aadb.info/map/
just check Слезы Нуи.

Mount:
Each type of mount makes a difference and has different abilities as they level.
Horses- mounted melee combat
Elk- Mounted archery combat
Yuta- Fasted ruin speed and a jump
Donkey- Fasted mount for trade operations
-There are others you can buy or grow based on development.

Jail-
C omitting a crime will place infamy points on your character, gain enough you will be sent to trail for your crimes. Based on the decision of the jury you will be sent to jail to serve your time, in which you can wait you time out, attempt to find a way to escape on after so long. Commit enough crimes and become exiled from your faction to become a pirate.

My suggestion farm, farm, farm. Boats are expensive to craft I've build 2 for the guild with assistance from everyone, buildings are that much more expensive. The economy is driven by players and the more the crafting side is stabilized the more pvp can take place.

Last edited by Zhou; 05/05/14 07:01 AM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
First trade quests are for...

100 strawberries (crop)
100 goosefeathers (which you will need beans to feed your geese)
(this is the quest that gets you your donkey mount to help you move trade pacts faster over land)

30 stone bricks (90 stone?) I believe you need 300 rocks which = 100 bricks to make the stone brick trade pack
? dye (flowers?) for this you need to plant narcissi flowers until you harvest 100 of them for the yellow dye trade pack After this quest you will get a deed for a large farm

Last edited by Brommas; 05/05/14 12:14 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Another really helpful tip is to not sell your green + quality quest rewards. You want to buy evenstones from blacksmith merchants and use them to "disenchant" your items in order to obtain Archeum dust, shards, and crystals. these are used to craft armor, weapons, and jewelery which are much much better then any drops you will get while leveling. You will also gain very good XP from crafting these items and if you are desperate for gold you can sell the dust for much much more then selling the actual item.

Armor = Moonlight Archeum dust, shards, crystals (blue in color)
Weapon = Sunlight Archeum dust, shards, crystals (red in color)
Jewelry = Starlight Archeum dust, shards, crystals (green in color)

Item quality color seems to be in order from worst to best

White = normal item
Green = Grand
Blue = ?
Purple = Arcane (these seem to usually have a proc effect
Orange = Legendary ?

The armor crafting system works off upgrading your old piece. Once you craft the first piece of each armor slot at level 20 your next piece at level 24 will require the old piece as a component. This is the same for weapons.

The crafted armor has a 4 and 7 piece set bonus. These do not mix from tier level. So for your tier 1 set bonus you may not mix in tier 2 pieces and still receive the bonus

Armor also has a bonus for wearing all 7 pieces of the same type of armor (Plate, Leather, Cloth) and any class can wear any type of armor.

The other interesting thing I have learned is if you manage to get a critical success while crafting an item, when you use that green quality item in the next level recipe you have a very high chance to make another green item and a smaller chance to make a blue quality item.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB HeroEngine Development Project Leader
KGB Knight
Can someone explain why donk says "EARLY CRAFTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELING AS IT GIVES YOU THE LAND ADVANTAGE"

What land advantage?

If I start a farm, will that hold the spot so that I can put a house on it later?

Last edited by Viper; 05/05/14 11:27 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Viper
Can someone explain why donk says "EARLY CRAFTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELING AS IT GIVES YOU THE LAND ADVANTAGE"

What land advantage?

If I start a farm, will that hold the spot so that I can put a house on it later?

The best land gets taken pretty quickly. The first placeable structure you get is a small farm. It is important that you place this farm as soon as possible in order to get a good spot. What makes up a good spot really depends on what you want to grow / trade, how close it is to water and a regional specialty crafting station.

Unfortunately placing your small farm will do little to save you a spot for a house or even a large farm due to size of land needed. For live it will be a very large priority to get everyone in KGB there large farm as soon as possible and maybe one or 2 guild houses hopefully in the same area.

Currently in the alpha things are pretty crowded atm some people who waited (Donk) to place there farm are having problems finding good spots

Another thing to be noted is while everyone probably wants there own house, its really better to try to share houses with groups of people. The only reason we have found to own a house atm is so you can put the advanced crafting stations down to progress past level 34 crafted gear

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Thanks Brommas!

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
AA Forums live should move this to there.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Brommas

(this is the quest that gets you your donkey mount to help you move trade pacts faster over land)

If I knew that it would only take a bunch of berries to mount donk... I overpaid.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Sini
If I knew that it would only take a bunch of berries to mount donk... I overpaid.
Now that right there is funny.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard