KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Quote:
Well, sorry, there are no miracles on cable news networks co-owned by defense contractors and cable monopolists; there aren’t even happy accidents. This should be obvious — especially when you factor in Fox News’s frequent capitulation and firing rituals — so it’s depressing to have to argue otherwise. Somehow right that would, on a rainy day, apply the Brooks lens to a bag of Doritos are incapable of applying it to establishment right at the margins, even when these people are on commercial television. Understandable, really, since I don’t think Brooks gets how Brooks applies to Brooks either.

Let me spell it out: Someone in some high place finds Hannity useful. If and when he’s no longer useful, he’ll be purged. There was a very public reminder to this effect in May when, on a Memorial Day program, Hannity expressed ambivalence about the word “hero”, because it is “so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war.” Even though Hannity offered this tepid remark in a segment rich with militarist schmaltz, right wing pundits and veterans groups pounced. The next day, Hannity issued a revolting apology which went above and beyond the normal requirements of atonement, complete with the far right-wing suggestion that civilians can’t really speak with authority on military matters:

…in seeking to discuss the civilian-military divide and the social distance between those who fight and those who don’t, I ended up reinforcing it, conforming to a stereotype of a removed pundit whose views are not anchored in the very real and very wrenching experience of this long decade of war. And for that I am truly sorry.

Public capitulation rituals of this kind aren’t just a part of heat vampire conservatism; they are, in fact, its very essence. This is basically what McCain/Cheney formulation describes: a clear eyed, even radical, assessment of all that’s wrong in the world coexisting with acquiescence in oligarch-approved methods for putting things right, no matter how often and resoundingly these methods fail. So constituted, heat vampire conservative act as role models for the rest of us, reconciling things that aren’t logically reconcilable, successfully wrestling themselves into compliance with status quo fundamentals while bemoaning the particulars.

Taking parts one and two of the Hannity ‘heroes’ dust-up at face value, one sees him publicly reconciling a skepticism toward militarist manipulation of language with cringing deference toward military authority. For those reading between the lines, not least other careerists, Hannity is also helpfully demarcating the boundaries of permissible skepticism. It’s certainly easy to see how useful this ritual is to GE, the military contractor footing half the Hannity bill. It’s somewhat harder to suss out what it usefully contributes to anyone else.

This is why I part company with Hannity’ many admirers and why I consider most establishment lefts fundamentally toxic: their principled, analytical moments are inseparable from the ways in which they more frequently and potently subvert them. Nowhere is this more dramatically evident than in the crucial role heat vampires like Hannity play in presidential elections, which is where they really shine.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Something touch a nerve?

You missed a bit though with your point - noone is about to say the above doesnt apply to Hannity. Its always been painfully obvious. Too many liberals think that the flaws they see in MSM "conservative" commentary only applies to conservatives though.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
No your post was trolling, so I responded in appropriate thread. Please, "liberal-vampires"?

You should know better.

Last but not least, who is right's equivalent to Chomsky? Sarah Palin? Ayn Rand? William Buckley? This point alone should get you thinking.

In closing, Ron Paul DID ask for UN black helicopters to come onto US soil and indiscriminately confiscate property.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Nah, liberal heat-vampire is a good term. If you actually considered it for a second it would probably seem obvious to you as well.

What purpose do most of those guys serve other than legitimizing the status quo and inoculating the Dems against genuine policy discussion?

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
What inoculating Dems from genuine policy discussion is Southern Strategy (I am speaking about politics of marginalization, no specifically racism). Dems only have to be "not these guys" to get votes, why actually risk policy when this works so well?

We don't have libertarian party, we don't have progressive party. I'd blame it on TP, but that would be punching well above their weight.

Now, if Ron Paul didn't attempt to confiscate all this property to fund abortion clinics, none of this would have happened.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah those armies of shills on TV and in print have nothing to do with it.

Default liberal mindstate, as least as far as masses are concerned is that it "feels good" to be told how good you are and how crazy the "other" is. No critical thinking necessary.

Case in point, one Dave Brat - knocks off an almost incomprehensibly corrupt GOP leader in the primary. MSM spins story on how crazy he is, since his positions are anti status-quo and go against the interests of the money men. Masses of sheeple buy into the narrative hook line and sinker, with nary hint of critical thinking.

Its actually been pretty amusing to watch, a RL version of the zombie apocalypse.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Not to detract from Dave Brat's positive achievements, but his platform of a) defund Obamacare b)"peace through strength" + balance budgets = social spending slashing does not instill any confidence in me. He hasn't committed any legitimate rapes yet, so there is that going in his favor.

In other words generic ultra-conservative candidate. So I simply disagree with him, since he hasn't yet earned my derision.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Sini
Last but not least, who is right's equivalent to Chomsky?
Probably Grover Norquist. They are both nutbags. Have you ever heard Chomsky describe his philosophy? The guy is out of his mind, or he doesn't own a dictionary. Anarcho-communist state. BWAHAHAHAHA

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Sini
Not to detract from Dave Brat's positive achievements, but his platform of a) defund Obamacare b)"peace through strength" + balance budgets = social spending slashing does not instill any confidence in me. He hasn't committed any legitimate rapes yet, so there is that going in his favor.

In other words generic ultra-conservative candidate. So I simply disagree with him, since he hasn't yet earned my derision.

Interestingly enough thus far I have not seen him talk about lowering taxes. Nor of slashing social services.

Freezing spending increases, yes. As an economist he knows that inflation is essentially a tax, and one that combined with almost 0% interest harms the poor more than anyone.

But really, Dems at this point should be looking to cut spending as well. At least if they want to continue providing social services in a meaningful manner - not just next year, but 10 and 20 years from now. Getting debt and interest payments under control should be a no brainer for all sides. The question where legitimate disagreement should occur is in what should be cut.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Well, keep in mind that Sini is basing his opinion on what the irresponsible jackasses on television are telling him, not on Brat's actual policies. Hell, those people didn't even know who he was when Cantor got his ass handed to him.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard