KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
It only affects those conservatives that call themselves Republicans. Let it sink, let something else take its place, or let the whole 2 party system collapse.

So here's a question for you Sini. If the Republican party were to collapse, and no major entity took its place, thereby leaving conservatives, by your own admission, with no representation in the national political sphere, would that bother you?

Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Brutal
If the Republican party were to collapse, and no major entity took its place, thereby leaving conservatives, by your own admission, with no representation in the national political sphere, would that bother you?

Yes, because adversity is a necessary element of any democratic political system. In the very unlikely event that GOP collapses entirely and we end up with Democratic and Very Democratic party, you will probably meet me at the convention.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
So rather than pull for the dissolution of the party system, you would prefer to see something else rise to take the place of the GOP?

So here's the thing. For adversity to be necessary, it means that compromise is the goal. I mean, if you didn't believe that the 'other side' was right on some things, what good does adversity do; all it's doing is standing in the way of progress. So if that's the case, that means that you must believe that conservatives are right about something, though I admit I haven't found out what that something is yet. If you truly believe that compromise is the correct path forward, tell me what issues you are willing to compromise on. Tell me which political points conservatives have that you find to be true, or at least worthy of consideration to be melded with your own.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I would love to see 2-party system changed, but I assumed we are still constrained by practicality.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Quote:
So if that's the case, that means that you must believe that conservatives are right about something, though I admit I haven't found out what that something is yet.

For example, I really agree with conservatives that the long-term financial situation (~20 years out) and long-term deficits are problems that we have to address.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sini
For example, I really agree with conservatives that the long-term financial situation (~20 years out) and long-term deficits are problems that we have to address.

How magnanimous of you to agree with 95% of the country that we have financial problems. I believe Brutal is interested in which policies that address our problems you agree with or are willing to compromise on.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
The war rages on, latest casualty - Chris Christie getting no support from conservatives in the face of deserved criticism for "bridge-gate". This is payback for not 100% towing party line and bipartisan efforts.

This is very unlike GOP of today that recently rallied behind a number of equally undeserving politicians, Ted Cruz being one notable example.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Your "payback" line is not entirely accurate, more like you trying to justify your own view of GOP pols using broad strokes.

Ted Cruz also was not blatantly and openly corrupt in how his office handled matters, so its really not an apples to apples comparison either. (not denying Cruz might have corrupt office being shady in a closed manner)

Anyhow, zzzzzzzzz

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Ted Cruz also was not blatantly and openly corrupt in how his office handled matters

Really? So scheduling "filibuster" does not qualify?

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard