KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#122881 01/09/14 01:06 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
2014 MMO'S AND KGB

Lets talk about the new year. Looking at this list:

http://bestmmorpg2014.com/

I don't see much that excites me personally. What excites you?

I know I want to get us all together soon to play SOMETHING! What are your ideas?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I have been following Star Citizen, Eternal Crusade, Everquest Next, Camelot Unchained, and Greedmonger. In that exact order, with Greedmonger quickly dropping off the list

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am willing to give Arrow-to-the-Knee MMO a chance, but it is likely a quick WoW-ish burner.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
well the top two for me (being Star Citizen and Eternal Crusade) are not arrow to the knee MMOs...

Most understand Star Citizen, Eternal Crusade is supposed to be a massive FPS on par with Planetside 2, however unlike Planetside 2 Eternal Crusade will boast conquerable planets, many more factions, and a larger variety of weapons, with a more robust player driven element. While a dark comparison can be made, I am hoping that Eternal Crusade show cases more rpg elements and warhammer 40k inspired themes, so far there has been a great deal of open communication between the Devs and the community.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I am still following Shroud of the Avatar, by Richard Garriott, et al, and there have been some interesting developments. For example, originally, SotA was projected to be only a semi-MMO, in that instead of having central servers, much of the action was going to be hosted on individual players machines, and other players would be added to your instance based upon how well they matched with your game configuration, such as whether you were flagged for PvP, or not.

I was skeptical of that approach, because it limited the number of people who could be visible to each other, and how can you have a good guild/faction war if the number of players are limited in an instance?

Well, they've decided that won't work for technical/exploit/security reasons, and because it had REALLY bad implications for PvP, so they've gone back to central servers, which means there need not be a player restriction any more.

The interesting thing about that to me is not the player limit aspect, although that is important, but the fact that they are planning for PvP as a fundamental part of their system architecture and game design.

I am still pressing hard for Open PvP/Full Loot, and a resumption of the PK/Anti-PK wars, but it is still early days, with the game release not scheduled for another year or so.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB High Knight
KGB High Knight
Haven't really been following anything. I tend to not get excited for upcoming mmo's anymore because most of them are a disappointment.

I really enjoyed playing Unholy Wars with everyone though (first mmo with KGB). Wish I played the first one with you guys.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
The top two for 14/15 are Star Citizen and Eternal Crusade and are not arrow to the knee MMOs...

Quoted for truth.

I need Cheerios to poop in.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Your poop is blacker than your heart, but both are just as ugly.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I thought Everquest Next was going to be my next big MMORPG but...... the more I see where they are taking it the more Id rather just play the original Everquest. They seem so focused on this building aspect that I worry the actual game is going to be a GW2 with a building twist. If I wanted to build shit I'd play Kerbal Space Program or something. I don't understand this huge focus on building stuff. I foresee walking through the landscape and seeing 100s of huge brick dicks all over the place because some kid got bored.

They should be boosting about gameplay,lore and most of all raids....My best MMORPG experiences were large scale Everquest Raids.

With that said.....I heard its suppose to be free to play and the little bit of game play I have seen looks awesome. If they can deliver on end game PvE raids like the Everquest games before it and not spoon feed you like GW2 did then it will be worth playing. In my opinion the original Everquest is still way better than 90% of the MMORPGS being released today.

I doubt it will have the non carebear PvP system that so many of our hardcore members require in a game. So I think it will be difficult to get a large portion of the guild to play Everquest Next. Its going to be PvE focused like all the ones before it since that's what they excel at. Thats not to say we cant get a faction off the ground if it turns into a good game.

The Repopulation looks promising though

Last edited by Sethan; 01/14/14 07:41 PM.
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

EQ:N looks like a big case of "halfsies". You can build, but only in your own plot. Things are destructible, but not really. The world will change, like mob spawns etc.. but balancing that and making it non-annoying is probably beyond Sony to pull off.

Big draw for the game will probably be questing for tiles, items, etc that enable you to build your home plot up.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard