Restarting this thread to clear out spam.
I think it would be fun to re-read this in a couple years. Here are my predictions for 2018, feel free to respond with yours, but lets try to keep this thread to your own predictions. What do you think will happen in 2018?
2018 will bring us:
* Credible attempt to impeach Trump. As of right now, I see 25% chance of it succeeding. However, a set of unpredictable events can drastically increase the odds of successful impeachment. If Trump is charged, Pence will not pardon him as he doesn't want to suffer Ford's fate.
* Conclusion of Mueller investigation, he will charge a number of people in Trump's inner circle, maybe even Jared, for financial fraud, and Trump will issue pardons. Evidence of Russia meddling will remain circumstantial.
* 2018 elections will give democrats control of Senate and very close to 50/50 split of congress.
* Bitcoin bubble will pop, contagion will savage tech stocks like Amazon, Tesla and so on.
* NAFTA will still be under negotiation, but not actually repealed or amended.
* Ryan will lose a set of policy fights early in 2018 and resign in protest, this will start revolving door of speakers. I predict 2018 will be the year of multiple speakers.
* SCOTUS will hear NN case, will uphold repeal. Major ISP, like Comcast, will get busted throttling consumer traffic, decrypting HTTPs traffic and injecting adds into all web browsing.