The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Selenian KGB Rust Server Information, Rules, and Map - 01/30/14 01:50 AM
Server Information

We are currently running a 50 Slot Oxide Modded server hosted by FPSPlayers.

The I.P. Address is : 174.34.135.234:28025

The easiest way to connect is to go to the main menu in game, hit F1 to bring up the console and type in the command:

net.connect 174.34.135.234:28025

Alternatively you can join a steam friend, or search through long list of servers for [KGB] Rust Oxide.

Server Rules

1. There is one small designated safe zone on the map. KGB Rust Server Map. This is an area where any KGB member is free to build safely. However, any non KGB member is still capable of attacking you, so always be prepared to defend yourself. There should also be no griefing each others buildings. HOWEVER, if someone is negligent enough to leave their door open, the candy inside is free game. Anywhere else on the map is completely open FFA sandbox. Its up to you if you decide to become a solo hermit, join a faction, or become a bandit or anti-PK.

2.All Kevlar, M4,MP5, Shotguns, Hunting Rifle, and the P250 have been made uncraftable. The drop rates however have been increased out of zombie drops and loot spawns. Explosive charges are non-craftable, and only drop from Air Drop Chests and a 1% chance of of zombies.

3. At no point is there to be any exploiting, duping, or hacking. Any violation of this rule will result in a kick the first offense, with a ban with the second offense.

4. As KGB Knights, we should be conducting ourselves with honor at all times, following the oath and articles of conduct. IE- We need to respect the opponents we have come on to the server. Please do no spawn kill, or grief them all day long. Afterall, we do want them to come back and play again. Your actions reflect on the guild as a whole.

5. Have fun!! This is an open sandbox, full loot pvp game. Since its based on Garry's mod engine, the sky is the limit to where this game can go. We can make this game into exactly what we want it to be.
I can not connect to your server.
Posted By: Zhou Re: KGB Rust Server Information, Rules, and Map - 01/30/14 04:57 PM
NVM
Recruitment post:

Would you rather pillage those shiny things others have built? Join the Cavemen. Sethan, Cobb and I (so far) have set up a secret tribal village and refuse to conform to new technologies. Our first raid ( a 45 minute siege) against a random's 4 story house was successful, our bows and arrows defeated the man's food and ammo stores, his sorties with shotgun, pistol, and bolt-action.

We're hoping to really be content GENERATORS by being unpredictable encounters you other folks might run into.

Join the Cavemen!
Posted By: Zhou Re: KGB Rust Server Information, Rules, and Map - 01/30/14 05:51 PM
Soul~Reavers based in the southern area of the map.

Current Members:

Bandit
StaReaver

man if i could connect i'd play the shit outa this... to bad i can't
Are you getting some sort of error? I imagine Selenian or Donk might be able to help
Posted By: Zhou Re: KGB Rust Server Information, Rules, and Map - 01/30/14 06:17 PM
ltima add someone to your friends list and join them while their in game. After that you will be able to join under the history tab.
how to add to friends.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sexualrelease/
I got the arena plugin up and running today. I also figured out how to reload plugins without having to restart the server, so little tweaks to the settings we need to make here and there will no longer require a server restart.

In addition, I've been working on the Safezone a little bit more:

I installed a giant ass metal wall around the area, and put up towers to locate a few of the borders. This should be sufficient for anyone to understand the borders of this area.

It is my hopes that this safezone will become a trading hub for the server, a place for new members to the server to get started in relative peace, a place for the few people here that prefer building to fighting a place to do their thing, and also a place for everyone to fallback to rebuild if life in the wastelands kicks you down into the gutter.

I also rebuilt the Shantytown Arena. Starting tomorrow, the doors to the arena will be left open. This is the only place in the safezone where pvp between KGB members and friends of the clan is allowed in the safezone. The purpose of this small arena is to give you guys a place to battle it out, in a more traditional deathmatch environment ,and to spice things up, without the need of admin interference. It'll be up to you guys to supply your own weapons of choice and ammo though.
SERVER WIPED: 2/1/14

While bugfixing the loot table, and updating 6 mods so they work again, had to restart the server. In the process of saving a backup file of all the savedata and worlddata, the old backup was corrupted for some damn reason.

Unfortunately we had to wipe again, hopefully this is the last time for a while. To make up for this, I've enabled the basic resources on the economy for a few days, to help everyone get caught back up to speed a lot quicker. Everyone was give 5000 dollars to start out with, which will give everyone a very nice start.

Again, I apologize for the wipe.
Hey all. Just wanted to let you all know I'm aware of the steam update, and the server will be down until I can get computer access again. I'll still be out for afew more days for work, but I'll try to stop by somewhere tomorrow after I get off shift and buy a laptop. That way I can save the map files and player data so we hopefully don't have a wipe again, do the updates, and should have our server back up tomorrow night sometime.
Hey guys, server is backup. Most mods probably don't work at the moment. I'll try to have them updated by Monday and back to where we were. Also I'll be taking into condideration any comments made in the update thread. So if you guys have anything you'd like changed, please post there.
There is a guy from the Shroud of the Avatar forums who approached me about the KGB. His name is Timbleweed on the SotA forums. I told him that since SotA is still far from release, he should come to the forums, register and get to know people, and maybe play in some of the games we are currently doing. He's interested in Rust, but I don't know anything about the game.

Who's a good point of contact I should steer him to? From what I've been saying about the KGB on the SotA forums, he's interested in us, and thinks he could make a good member, and Rust would give him a good opportunity.
If he hops in TS someone should see him. As far as Rust goes, everyone stopped playing while they finish updating teh alpha version because we all got tired of server wipes every 8 hours
Posted By: Zhou Re: KGB Rust Server Information, Rules, and Map - 03/16/14 01:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Owain
There is a guy from the Shroud of the Avatar forums who approached me about the KGB. His name is Timbleweed on the SotA forums. I told him that since SotA is still far from release, he should come to the forums, register and get to know people, and maybe play in some of the games we are currently doing. He's interested in Rust, but I don't know anything about the game.

Who's a good point of contact I should steer him to? From what I've been saying about the KGB on the SotA forums, he's interested in us, and thinks he could make a good member, and Rust would give him a good opportunity.

He also applied to join us on the alpha of Star Citizen that starts next month. If he is serious enough to apply he should join TS3 and play something.
Originally Posted By: Zhou

He also applied to join us on the alpha of Star Citizen that starts next month. If he is serious enough to apply he should join TS3 and play something.

He says he's gotten on our TS server, but can't change channels to either Rust or Star Citizen, so I guess he needs to be granted access.
Posted By: Zhou Re: KGB Rust Server Information, Rules, and Map - 03/16/14 05:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Zhou

He says he's gotten on our TS server, but can't change channels to either Rust or Star Citizen, so I guess he needs to be granted access.

Taken care of. He mentioned it in a pm.
Excellent.
© The KGB Oracle