The KGB Oracle
Posted By: hydr VoiceAttack - 07/06/16 05:39 PM
So I have tested out VA recently in Star Citizen. It is pretty awesome. However some of the premade VA profiles that users have made will not work that great in 2.4 yet as their was a change to the keybindings and the premade VA profiles you can find online have not been updated yet.

When I first got VA I was looking for a better voice to use. I found a premade ANNA VA profile on the SC forum however, her voice doesn't work in win10. To say the least, the default voices in win10 speech recognition are pretty bad. In my search for a better option I came across this link on the SC forum.

http://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/collections/star-citizen

I must say, wow!!! These are awesome! Totally worth it for the the small price, they also have all the voice commands you would want, so no need to tool around in VA to customize. I watched all of the demos on each voice pack and I think I like ASTRA the most because it sounds similar to the voice in EVE Online.

I have not bought one yet but will after I confirm they work in 2.4!
Posted By: Instrument Re: VoiceAttack - 07/06/16 11:13 PM
if you buy a pack what happens when 2.5 comes out do they give you an update?
Posted By: Taxman Re: VoiceAttack - 07/07/16 12:07 AM
Pretty certain that I read that any Voicepack purchase is a license for future upgrades (due to game being changed all the time).
Posted By: Zhou Re: VoiceAttack - 07/07/16 12:42 AM
I'm sure someone will create a custom profile closer to launch. I had a pretty basic one I made long ago it's outdated now.
Posted By: hydr Re: VoiceAttack - 07/07/16 06:58 AM
Pretty sure they update it Instrument.

I like the ones they have made as it is all said and done. I don't have to waste any time playing around with it or looking around for a voice that I like and works with win10.
Posted By: hydr Re: VoiceAttack - 07/08/16 04:02 AM
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.co...us-changelog/p4

Just saw this, so looks like they continually update the profiles for the patches and keep adding to them while SC is growing.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: VoiceAttack - 07/15/16 01:20 AM
Voice Attack will be incorporated into the final version of the PU. Either through licensing, acquisition or development. One of the things that CR detests is an uneven playing ground in his pet super funded projects. Besides, the immersion monkies luckily demanded this a long time ago when it was invite only for subscribers with low citizen numbers from the back room.
© The KGB Oracle