Arkh
Brommas
Bandit
Tasorin
Brutus
Tasho
War
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 08/18/13 09:07 PM
Purg and Tas, Hydr are not kgb but do have pledges.

However, we do have Donk, Rahiah who also pledged and a few others who have yet to post. We will have more as the game develops. The initial backers will benefit others who are starting out.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Roll Call - 08/19/13 01:11 AM
I have 5 IBMers that are going to join us for the game.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 08/19/13 02:55 AM
Sounds awesome. More will decide to play as the game comes along its not everyone's type of game being a space sim but it will be amazing.
Posted By: Instrument Re: Roll Call - 08/19/13 11:58 AM
The Idris needs a crew of 10 and even the connie needs a crew of 4
so we either we are going to be crewing with NPC's or picking up alot of casual players to crew so we may need to add and remove people to TS very quickly

I am starting to think the big ships may spend alot of time in the hanger to start with
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 08/19/13 12:26 PM
Based on all developer feedback, the 24 hour livestream and wingman hangers the following is what I currently know it can change:

The game developers are currently going to allow only 100 people per instance. This could change, but the game is designed to use npcs and assign squads that stick together in zones and give the ability to call one or 2 friends to you in a fight. So in reality it's going to come down to probably using npcs, smaller ships, doing events with other people and being able to be a body on another ship once in awhile. I think it was also mentioned about the possible ability for a friend or guildmate to take or the body of an npc if they log in to help people play together.

We will vote and see the starting area that we want to start from, but also we can own multiple hangers so its easy to spread out. Though you will have to allocate what ships to where. we also will have to find our prime area for a guild hanger. There will be hundreds of systems to explore which currently have no specific time travel from one end to another per zone.

Since the game is still in development many things will change. However it will seem like the game is geared more towards independent flight and smaller guilds being able to compete. The pilot is the most important part. The Connie can be run by 1 person (confirmed).

The idris will be more of a guild event ship or if we have plenty of credits to npc crew it. That is our flagship and it was a quite expensive. That will be our beginning ship till we can acquire a bigger one and properly defend it.

As far as ts3. When the time comes it can easily be modified to allow certain people quicker access to those channels if needed but the game will also offer in game voice and avatar support. We will have to see how the game goes once alpha and beta come around.

More people will end up playing. Even if they didnt want to help crowdfunding the game. Its not even in aplha yet some are hesitant. When it launches it is free once you buy the game. People can hop on see if they like it even without a ship.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Roll Call - 08/19/13 09:22 PM
I am very disappointed about the instancing
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 08/19/13 10:01 PM
It has its ups and downs. One server hundreds of star systems to explore. I think the cry engine has its limits and the game would be unable to fully load hundreds or thousands of ships per star system. The amount of graphical detail per ship would require too powerful of a machine alienating many potential users if they didnt limit it per zone.

That's why their trying to find solutions. Like having prepaid squads and such. We will just have to see as the game comes along.
Posted By: HankCosby Re: Roll Call - 08/20/13 01:25 PM
Im sure I will be playing as well. Either some sort of scout/chase ship or support (if that even exsist).

Any pre purchase pack you suggest I pick up @ around 100 value?
Posted By: Mr. Simmons Re: Roll Call - 08/20/13 03:11 PM
The Pathfinder package might be what you are looking for. Check it out.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 08/20/13 05:09 PM
The pathfinder or arbiter package. One is more for exploring and using a tractor beam to gather salvage. The other is a interceptor military fighter. They are both single seat and good ships.

I strongly suggest for anyone that plans to play this game to at least buy the digital mercenary package. This is only $40.00 and comes with alpha and beta and the basic aurora. No sure on the price of the game at launch but I'm sure the usual 39.99-49.99 so it's a deal worth getting. There are a few other benefits as well.

In the event you don't take advantage the game campaign will give you a ship in the online mode once you complete it. That has to be done first though before stepping online.
Posted By: HankCosby Re: Roll Call - 08/25/13 12:30 AM
Zhou do you suggest the interceptor (arbiter) for myself?
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 08/25/13 01:09 AM
I think the 325a package (arbitar) would be the better of the deals. It allows for a more variety of gameplay at the start.
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: Roll Call - 08/27/13 10:27 PM
I have pledged and will be rocking the 325a

and to the above - 325a or the 300i explorer variant (forget its number - 325p?) are probably the best to start with while maintaining your bank account.

Being broke sucks, but SC will make it more fun!
Posted By: kolski Re: Roll Call - 09/05/13 04:53 AM
I'm in, got bounty hunter package a while ago.
Posted By: rhaikh Re: Roll Call - 10/12/13 05:19 PM
I backed it early, got my citizen card, I'll be there
Posted By: Instrument Re: Roll Call - 10/12/13 08:18 PM
so far we have 23 knights/pilots that have posted here

JetStar
Instrument
Zhou
Mr. Simmons
Vuldan
Purgatory*
Arkh
Brommas
Bandit
Tasorin
Brutus
Tasho*
War
Donk
rhaikh
HankCosby
Hobbitlauncher
kolski
5 IBMers (holding you to this jet)
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 10/12/13 10:01 PM
Hydr as well but he's limited on time not KGB but always around.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Roll Call - 10/12/13 10:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Instrument
so far we have 23 knights/pilots that have posted here

JetStar
Instrument
Zhou
Mr. Simmons
Vuldan
Purgatory*
Arkh
Brommas
Bandit
Tasorin
Brutus
Tasho*
War
Donk
rhaikh
HankCosby
Hobbitlauncher
kolski

May not see Purgatory with us come launch. Although he still randomly checks the Oracle, he has not posted in over 2 months, since he quit KGB.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Roll Call - 10/16/13 02:44 AM
I gifted Donk an Aurora so he has Vet backer status and access to the Alpha/Beta so he can play gunner and Super Marine.

I have three accounts now, with 2 out of 3 completed for ship purchases. I am hoping that we see a return of some of the ships and some variants so I can finish out my last account and just wait for the lolz to start.
Posted By: Selenian Re: Roll Call - 10/21/13 01:16 AM
Checking In, bought the Freelancer pack a little while ago.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 10/21/13 11:42 AM
Nice!
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Roll Call - 10/21/13 10:53 PM
I am in - Hakaryu as well as my kids, I need to get their online handles down, but we have all pledged and plan on playing!
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 10/21/13 11:45 PM
glad to have you onboard. Look forward to wrecking some havoc in the galaxy when it releases.
Posted By: Taxman Re: Roll Call - 01/03/14 01:30 AM
I thought I had already posted a while back - but don't see it.

I purchased the Freelancer package back in Kickstarter, picked up a few more ships to play with as well. ;-)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Roll Call - 01/03/14 07:36 AM
I don't have jack shit package wise, but will be in there somewhere...
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 01/03/14 01:45 PM
Cool glad to hear welcome aboard!
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: Roll Call - 01/03/14 02:33 PM
Drakiis, my Retaliator and Cutlass turrets are hungry, you can always man those.

I think my Khartu is a 2-seater as well.

As far as roll call goes. I have between 5 and 10 who have pledged from very little to a ridiculously large amount of money, who may or may not be viable to merge under our aegis.
Posted By: Instrument Re: Roll Call - 01/03/14 03:24 PM
Drakiis, There are lots of ships in the KGB fleet if you need a loaner
The basic package which comes with an Aurora is $40
They do plan to sell game accounts without ships in the future but I am not sure how much cheaper they will be as the Aurora package is supposed to be discounted
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Roll Call - 01/03/14 06:17 PM
I have a second account Drakiis. You can go hide in a black hole and wait for someone to come bye and fall into your tree...er black hole trap.

Secondly, pledge like $5 bucks on an account so you have "backer" status on your account. You can use my second account which has actual Alpha and Beta access and either fly the place holder ships I have on that account or fly someone elses ship or man a turret/CIC. The thing is you have to have access to an account that has a ship on it that grants access to the Alpha and Beta stages.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Roll Call - 01/04/14 02:10 AM
I will be talking with Jet in the near future about bringing some guys with me as well, hopefully no gun turret goes unmanned.

I will be leading them all back to your retirement home Tas, I hope you baked cookies.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Roll Call - 01/04/14 04:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis

I will be leading them all back to your retirement home Tas, I hope you baked cookies.

You know how we be floss'n on the dark side of the Asteroid belt in the Pleasure Pit...

Just stay the fuck off my Tiger Tails and there won't be no need for you to get spaced.

Posted By: Drakiis Re: Roll Call - 01/04/14 07:43 AM
classic

Oh and that's the Palace of Lustful Pleasures and Phallic Delights MOFO
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Roll Call - 01/04/14 09:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Tassic

There, I fixed it for you Drak.

I can't help if I am custom made...

Posted By: Derid Re: Roll Call - 01/05/14 03:41 AM
I'm sure I will be playing, I was too lazy to get a pledge back when the gettin was good but I will be around.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Roll Call - 01/15/14 08:27 PM
so what's the roll call tally up to now?
Posted By: Instrument Re: Roll Call - 01/15/14 09:03 PM
JetStar
Instrument
Zhou
Mr. Simmons
Vuldan
Purgatory*
Arkh
Brommas +4
Bandit
Tasorin
Brutus
Tasho*
War
Donk
rhaikh
HankCosby
Hobbitlauncher +5
kolski
Selenian
Hakaryu Lionheart + 2 kids??
Taxman
Drakiis
Derid

38 so far with luck
Posted By: Brommas Re: Roll Call - 01/16/14 12:23 AM
I have 4 coming into this with me as well
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: Roll Call - 01/16/14 03:18 AM
I have my group of ~5 as well
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Roll Call - 01/17/14 07:14 PM
This title will probably placate to "small" operations based on the conversations around PvP/PvE Sliders and Instancing. So like in any Online Game, having enough people playing so that there are 10-15 or so on during prime time and through regular play hours will make life much easier to Fleet up, go run missions and pew-pew whatever comes your way.

Think tactical ops title in space.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Roll Call - 01/17/14 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
This title will probably placate to "small" operations based on the conversations around PvP/PvE Sliders and Instancing. So like in any Online Game, having enough people playing so that there are 10-15 or so on during prime time and through regular play hours will make life much easier to Fleet up, go run missions and pew-pew whatever comes your way.

Think tactical ops title in space.

[sad]
Posted By: Instrument Re: Roll Call - 01/17/14 08:06 PM
ok so no 1000 ship fleets

but if the limit is 10-15 that does not mean that you can not have 2-3 x 10-15 groups supporting each other in the same system
1 group attacks to convoy the second group holds the system gate to ambush reinforcements
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 01/17/14 09:25 PM
There will never be too many ships in one sector. Some of these ships take a good amount of people to man. There is no confirmed hard count but the last number mentioned was 100 people per instance. NPCs take account in that number as well. So unless everyone is in a single seater, we will be having to help each other out or be separated. Tasorin is right though 10-15 throughout the day would be enough for a small ship squad based on configuration to do enough damage. The game will be more skill based then numbers.

Players currently can temporary take over an NPC on your ship if your far apart.

There will be no gate camping. Already said the jump points will randomly spawn you in an area.

Organizations can group players into squads. That will allow for certain individuals to spawn together more I believe.

Not even in dog fighting yet. Half the details are still be worked out.
Posted By: Instrument Re: Roll Call - 01/17/14 11:41 PM
The time is almost upon us to unveil the new Galactic Organization System

lips are sealed
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 01/18/14 12:19 AM
Shouldn't be talking about that instrument, states it somewhere in the email. This is a public forum.
Posted By: Uber Re: Roll Call - 01/18/14 08:39 PM
Im in if it doesn't suck. Can't take any more gaming heartbreak.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 01/18/14 08:57 PM
Well in terms of graphics it's top notch. Not much else is known so far dog fighting soon and we will begin to get a feel for combat.
Posted By: Instrument Re: Roll Call - 01/18/14 09:41 PM
JetStar
Instrument
Zhou
Mr. Simmons
Vuldan
Purgatory*
Arkh
Brommas +4
Bandit
Tasorin
Brutus
Tasho*
War
Donk
rhaikh
HankCosby
Hobbitlauncher +5
kolski
Selenian
Hakaryu Lionheart + 2 kids??
Taxman
Drakiis
Derid
Uber

39 so far with luck
Posted By: Selenian Re: Roll Call - 01/19/14 12:05 AM
That's a lot of KGB'ers....that alone is gonna make this game fricken sweet. Well that, and hopefully the chance to push Donk out an open air lock.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 01/19/14 12:19 AM
Well I sure hope we can make this an enjoyable game! It's the next best game to look forward too.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Roll Call - 01/19/14 10:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Selenian
That's a lot of KGB'ers....that alone is gonna make this game fricken sweet. Well that, and hopefully the chance to push Donk out an open air lock.

Donk is not so easily destroyed, he was made out of spare gpu's and tank parts, assembled in a top secret facility deep in the desert, and tested against the most dangerous suicide noobs any game has ever had.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Roll Call - 01/20/14 06:02 PM
Banner: 1140x360
Background: 1366x768
Logo: 175x175
Icon: 24x24

You know what to do...
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 01/20/14 07:00 PM
Yup I have temp pictures up at the moment will get better ones soon
Posted By: John Tarcalius Re: Roll Call - 01/27/14 04:43 AM
I will definitey be playing this game so count me in as well please.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 01/27/14 01:53 PM
The more the better welcome aboard!
Posted By: Roachcoach Re: Roll Call - 02/03/14 04:54 AM
Count me in. Hornet has been purchased.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 02/04/14 03:28 AM
Great! Added you into the organization.
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: Roll Call - 02/04/14 07:26 PM
I bought the Freelancer package for my kids and I, we will be there.

Hak
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 02/04/14 07:36 PM
Nice! Whenever you get a chance and apply to the Organization on the site I'll add you in.
Posted By: Revco Re: Roll Call - 02/05/14 05:01 AM
I will definitely be playing, but have not purchased anything at this point.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Roll Call - 02/11/14 03:37 AM
I bought what I thought was a package but was just a ship. Now I have 2 ships and one package. I have applied to KGB in game.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Roll Call - 02/11/14 05:51 AM
Accepted!
© The KGB Oracle