The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Donkleaps Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 02:45 AM
Hello friends.

We are trying to get a pledge up much like we have done in previous games for anyone interested in pre ordering GW2 so that we may have a better chance to get into beta. Remember that KGB was the first US guild to place in original Guildwars Beta Tournament and I would like to get us that opportunity again.

The ultimate goal is of course to get a force into GW so that we can help them get good solid input on the WvWvW system they are implementing as I am confident in our Mass PvP skills over the years spanning through DAoC, Shadowbane, AoC, Aion and Darkfall.

Respond to this post with a simple aye if willing to put your money where your mouth is for beta invites. I am hoping to get a minimum of 25.

Play to Crush!
Posted By: grover Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 02:49 AM
im like 95% sure ima be playing GW2.
Posted By: Krayton Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 03:04 AM
AYE

im in, now lets hurry up and all start playing again
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 03:09 AM
AYE
Posted By: Thomas Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 04:57 AM
AYE

I have to pay money to play a beta? Isn't that the same as waiting for a release? lol

Yeah I'm always down
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 06:19 AM
Hey Thomas you forgot to add "Leader: KGB Korea" in your list of stuff.

No Monthly Nut.

World v World v World w/ bi-monthly rotation.

Beer, Glory and Lolz!

Tell'em Rowdy...

Posted By: Ictinike Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 07:52 AM
I'm most likely in.. Boy has played the shit out of GW1 and I never got much time with it after the first max toon but I know for a fact he wants it so I'll leech off his pre-order :)
Posted By: Emperor Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 11:46 AM
AYE

Hey guys, I'm a friend of Donkleaps and have not had an opportunity to serve with KGB.

I will pledge to buy GW2, and it would be an honor to crush with you guys.

Sincerely,
Emp (Tyler)
Posted By: Arkh Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 05:55 PM
AYE

Count me in. My ping may make me unable to help on the competitive level on NA servers but it's been too long since I played with you.
Posted By: Kajooko Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 06:09 PM
AYE

Kurio repporting in.
Posted By: Willan Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 06:20 PM
AYE

I'm down
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 06:31 PM
AYE

im down
Posted By: Tasho Re: Pre order Pledge - 02/29/12 06:36 PM
Still waiting on a release date and some hands-on time with this title before I preorder it.
Posted By: Thomas Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/01/12 02:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Hey Thomas you forgot to add "Leader: KGB Korea" in your list of stuff.

Your right! Fixed!
Posted By: whoflungpoo Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/01/12 06:42 AM
AYE

I'm in
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/01/12 05:56 PM
I can't guarantee anything until the semester is over, but I ain't doing shit this summer so I'm down for anything after May 9th!
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/01/12 06:35 PM
Edited and Poster Notified.
Posted By: Viper Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/01/12 06:55 PM
AYE

I'm gonna play it!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/01/12 09:09 PM
Edited for thread cleanup.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/01/12 09:50 PM
Edited and poster notified.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/01/12 10:41 PM
AYE

In.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 12:03 AM
Edited and Poster Notified
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 12:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Tasho
Still waiting on a release date and some hands-on time with this title before I preorder it.

Originally Posted By: Pirate Bootsnack
I'm like 95% sure ima be playing GW2.

Originally Posted By: Pink Taco Tamer
I'm most likely in..

Now shut up and get in the van, we've got work to do.
Posted By: Lorddarka Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 01:49 AM
AYE - Darka
AYE - Critter
AYE - Quillcrist

Arghhh Captain, sign me up.., sign critter up also, and quellcrist will be down so theres 3 more.
Posted By: Prism Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 03:42 AM
AYE

Im in as much as possible.
Posted By: Magusto Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 04:39 AM
AYE

I am in as well.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 05:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Prism
Im in as much as possible.

Do you bang chicks with that much assertiveness? lmao.. [yes]
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 07:29 AM
Edited and Poster Notified

Edited by Tasorin (Yesterday at 10:30 PM)
Edit Reason: Edited for thread clean up
Posted By: Rahl Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 08:38 PM
AYE

i'm in already have my preorder in.
Posted By: kuvja Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 08:58 PM
AYE

Most likely I will try this one.
Posted By: Chez Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 10:29 PM
AYE

Im in.
Posted By: Hare Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/02/12 11:04 PM
AYE
Posted By: Longshanks Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/03/12 09:53 PM
Count me in.
Posted By: Tasho Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/04/12 02:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Tasho

Switch this to an `Aye`.
I'll be preordering this after seeing some recent more detailed videos where I was able to learn more about the mechanics going on.

Hopefully the timeline for a beta won't overlap too heavily with Tera's live launch.
Posted By: Hare Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/04/12 06:27 AM
Do we have beta keys yet?

My son will play this too.
Posted By: Tobacco Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/09/12 06:11 PM
AYE
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/09/12 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Hare
Do we have beta keys yet?

My son will play this too.

Next phase beta is towards the end of March. I expect beta invites will go out a couple days before the event starts. Looking at the calendar I would surmise around the 21st of March we should start seeing keys go out.

Donk is working very hard to get us in as a Clan to the next beta cycle. There were over 1,000,000 requests for the last beta cycle and probably only 10,000 if that, that actually got in. Last word was we were on the priority list, what ever that means.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/09/12 11:24 PM
clan beta invites...which are mass emailed
Posted By: Rhavin Re: Pre order Pledge - 03/16/12 09:05 PM
AYE!

Will be pre-ordering!
Posted By: Morlander Re: Pre order Pledge - 04/24/12 10:31 PM
ordered
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Pre order Pledge - 04/27/12 03:15 PM
Can't pre-order.. I had to wait for some other things to come through before and tried today.. they only have the deluxe, pound me in the ass price, collector's edition.

I'll see if I can get it somewhere else :(
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Pre order Pledge - 06/04/12 06:06 AM
I'm in. Been in in the beta. Will be in the one coming up this June 8th. Let me know if when You guys will be there. I will be on as VasDef of course.
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Pre order Pledge - 06/04/12 06:06 AM
Waddup Donkleaps! you ever make that gaming rig? PM me some time .
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Pre order Pledge - 06/09/12 01:29 AM
Going to Anvil Rock American server
Posted By: Hare Re: Pre order Pledge - 06/11/12 05:49 PM
Wow - first GW2 beta event for me, awesomeness! I can see this filling the gaming void for awhile.

Lots to do - easy to play - fun classes.

The WvWvW can be dependent on who you are matched up against but on the final day we lined up with a couple of servers that were overrun with players. The fights were great and the keep fight had hundreds of players going at it. We eventually took the keep but we had to go through 3 walls and hella forces to get the Keep Lord down.

Plan on this when it rolls out.
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Pre order Pledge - 06/12/12 12:13 AM
Well regarding the WvWvW competition...seems the worlds that are mtached up with my server are taking a real beeating. Our Server Anvil Rock has about 98% control right now and all the stats are in our faver for percenategs. 'Course this is just a Beta so it could swing either way when servers go live, but its pretty interesting.

Also..While I loved the Necromancr class (got hom to 8) loads of fun...Looks like (based on my own experience and reading online) that the ranged classes will be the determining factor in PVP.

Loads of class attributes that deal high melee DPS (warrior being among the best), but rangers are soooo powerful. You can solo and take on multiple opponents and in PVP no one can touch you and if they manage to get close to you you have enough CC skill to decimate them. Maybe the first nerf class?

Over all as HAre mentioned...good persistent world and easy breezy leveling and quest and the option to go PVP immediately is not too shabby either. Graphics are very pleasing to the eye. It didn;t feel all that grindy made a total of 5 characyers ...took 3 to lvl 8 1 to level 5 and another just for kicks that I didn;t start on. Deleted 2 characters. Guest option wasn't open in this Beta test, but i think it will prove to be a nice feature.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 06/12/12 02:11 AM
You are on the wrong server.

KGB is on Moledune during beta.
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Pre order Pledge - 06/14/12 03:36 AM
Time for a server transfer then...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pre order Pledge - 06/30/12 07:55 PM
im in
Posted By: Maledictus Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/02/12 06:06 AM
ill be playing as soon as i have enough money to upgrade my rig to be able to play it
Posted By: Luxor Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/17/12 06:24 AM
I have signed up for the beta, and pre-ordered GW2.

Can I get access to the private formums...
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/17/12 11:45 PM
I think you might have to fill out a returning vet app Luxor..

Then you'd have the access.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/18/12 03:45 AM
Once returning vet app is submitted and voted all should be well. In the meantime hop into vent this weekend and make toons on Moledune for the last beta event.

We should know after this weekend where we are going to go at official launch.
Posted By: Wrathen Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/18/12 04:26 AM
I am tempted to try gw2 out haven't been active since Aion
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/18/12 04:55 PM
GW2 does not dissapoint. Come play if you want.
Posted By: Silvanost Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/20/12 12:46 AM
Ill be joining in with you guys this weekend. I look forward to forging some bonds with you battle brothers.
Posted By: Luxor Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/20/12 05:11 AM
I will be joining this weekend... I am now on vent, and looking forward to the beta.

What server are we playing on??

I tried to find the returning vet app, but not sure where it is. I still have my username... Jet will vouch for me.
Posted By: Valaria Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/20/12 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Luxor
I will be joining this weekend... I am now on vent, and looking forward to the beta.

What server are we playing on??

I tried to find the returning vet app, but not sure where it is. I still have my username... Jet will vouch for me.

Application found Here! The returning Vet one is the last link at the bottom of that page.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/20/12 05:04 PM
Purchased. Downloading
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/20/12 07:12 PM
Haven't purchase this yet as my son decided to go another route.

With many things on the horizon I'm on the fence about this one but most likely will purchase for myself; most likely not before launch though.

Just posting so if your counting numbers consider me out for now or possibly not under KGB..

Thanks,
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/21/12 01:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Purchased. Downloading

What he said.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/22/12 02:54 AM
Let me ask.. In the beta can you be in a guild on each character or like GW1 all of your characters are locked into the single guild your in at the time?

I ask this, and thus my prior comment about "not with KGB" because my boy would be playing this and while I like you all I don't think I want him in KGB at this time.

If it's the same GW1 way then I'll have to stay out or not play. Since I've not been in a BWE I'm not sure how it rolls. Anyone?
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/22/12 06:21 AM
All characters on an account are put in same guild. However you can be a member of multiple guilds.

There is an option that lets you "Represent" whichever guild you choose at any given time. That means that anything you do while representing that guild gains influence and other in game perks that helps guilds to achieve rank and status.

So you could both play toons on the same account and just represent whichever guild you wanted or you could use the "Stand down" option and not represent any guild.

I understand your reasoning but I do hope that at least you get to play with us on occasion. The game is solid and a lot of fun.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/22/12 02:29 PM
Just purchased and downloading...
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/22/12 05:08 PM
Thanks Donk for the info.. :)

Glad they put in something for the multiple guilds thing..
Posted By: Stubs Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/23/12 01:00 PM
I wanted to let you guys know I have a copy of GW2 courtesy of my little brother. I dont know when I will have time to check it out, probably not till my girlfriend starts school in August but I will be dropping in at some point.

My brother might play im not sure, he just wanted to check it out, if he decides to I will push him to link up with you guys. If not I know ill be making a took on whatever server you pick. I miss killing people with you guys.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/23/12 01:36 PM
Game launches at end of August Stubzor so you got plenty of time. You will dig it. All the action of open world sieges with very very little grind.

Make your bro come play! We spent the whole weekend stomping on PRX and their new so called "Titan Alliance"

We beat them in every open field engagement we fought them in and we were massively outnumbered...you'd have been proud.
Posted By: Stubs Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/23/12 03:02 PM
Sounds awesome, I miss good pvp. I am just waiting for her to start school. Our time together is going to go from lots to not so much. She's studying to get into the nursing program, so I will so have some opportunities then. Right now I want to spend as much time with her as I can before its cut to nothing.

My brother is in a similar thing but I will make sure we are on your server at launch so when we can play we roll with KGB.

I cant wait to play an mmo again, especially with you guys. My only question is whats the healer class and is it like the original GW where you get dual classes...like warrior/necro?
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/23/12 03:16 PM
No dedicated healers in GW2 ( I know I was dissapointed because my favorite class in GW1 was monk) every class has self healing and the game is based a lot around mobility and not taking damage while almost insta full healing when not in combat.

Also no dual classes but all of the classes have solid skill choices and the race you pick also tailors your skills.

It's really solid man and once you get some time come rock it.

Miss you bro!
Posted By: Stubs Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/23/12 05:42 PM
Well i guess i will have to read and figure out what to make. I miss playing but i love her more and i only have so much time to spend. When she is busy with school and im off work that will be different. I cant wait its been months since I played anything.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/23/12 07:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Stubs
Well i guess i will have to read and figure out what to make. I miss playing but i love her more and i only have so much time to spend. When she is busy with school and im off work that will be different. I cant wait its been months since I played anything.

See, right there, your continuing the "princess" syndrome.

You pause your happiness in order to keep her happy. Just as her father, grandfather and other men in her life have done she has been coddled and expects now that men should concede what makes them happy in favor of her happiness.

My wife tried this early on in our relationship and I was forced to lie around and wait to do things that made her happy and while that's all good, since most men's ability to do this is purely sexual acquisition (yeah, say it's anything but), it keeps this facade of the "princess syndrome" alive and well.

While I'm all for treating your significant other truly and faithfully, I'm also one to do what I enjoy when I want to. There is compromise but I have never, ever, had my wife join me in anything I find "enjoyable" other than our family, kids and sex.

Lucky for me she's as horny as a rabbit.. :)

I say shuck the sterotypes, breakdown the walls of the "princess syndrome" and do what makes you happy. Clearly, this is purchasing and playing games with KGB so I say fucking do it!

Cheers,
~Icky

P.S. - I am not and will not be held liable for anything you do even after reading my "locker room" speech. You act only on your behalf and for any reason you are denied sex, speaking, a black eye or booted out of the shared residence it's not my fault; it's yours.
Posted By: Stubs Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/23/12 10:08 PM
While I totally agree about the princess syndrome bit, and the ability to deal with it a purely sexual acquisition tactic. Its just a super huge bonus for me. I havent had any kind of female companionship since I was 14...im almost 26...so I am thoroughly enjoying every day with her. She wants it to be me and her all summer and im inclined to agree. Once school starts the demands on her time and mine will keep us apart more then I would like, and its those hours where I will play.

Oh, and I know it isn't something to brag about but she used to play WoW like I played Shadowbane so all I need to do is get her interested in an MMO with me and im positive we could geek out and play together.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/23/12 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Stubs
While I totally agree about the princess syndrome bit, and the ability to deal with it a purely sexual acquisition tactic. Its just a super huge bonus for me. I havent had any kind of female companionship since I was 14...im almost 26...so I am thoroughly enjoying every day with her. She wants it to be me and her all summer and im inclined to agree. Once school starts the demands on her time and mine will keep us apart more then I would like, and its those hours where I will play.

Oh, and I know it isn't something to brag about but she used to play WoW like I played Shadowbane so all I need to do is get her interested in an MMO with me and im positive we could geek out and play together.

+1 You Win! :)

A keeper indeed.. Best of luck Stubs! v/
Posted By: Banshee Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/23/12 10:45 PM
Icky... stated like a man who has been in a relationship a long time.

Stubs... stated like a man still in the thrall of early relationship bliss.

He will come to see and understand your wisdom Icky....in time.

Young/new love is so sweet.....hahaha give it 10, 15, 20, 26 years and you will pray for your time and so will she :)
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/24/12 04:19 AM
Well Stubzy it should be easy to get her into playing GW2. It's mega female friendly.
Posted By: Stubs Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/24/12 08:24 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Don't get me wrong im sure that there will be times when we want to strangle each other but if things keep on the way they have been I could see this pasting and being worth any headaches that crop up.

Female friendly eh? I'll have to have her check it out with me.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/28/12 03:12 PM
You'll enjoy it Stubs come join and play with everyone. I mean wow! Romeo downloaded it and was on...

Zhou
Posted By: Bishop Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/28/12 07:26 PM
I'm trying to talk Bibliotequa into playing--he says we will buy it. : ) It's going to be a party!
Posted By: Zhou Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/28/12 10:48 PM
nice.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/29/12 04:42 AM
badass. I hope to get the full band back together
Posted By: Thomas Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/29/12 10:38 PM
that would be cool!
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/29/12 11:41 PM
I'll be playing the weekend of the 25th as a lot of us that pre-ordered will be. Through the week I should be on sometime around 5 pm CST. Hopefully most of us can play together, so we can show KGB as we group.
Posted By: Bishop Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/30/12 06:28 AM
Ya I'm going to try to clear that whole weekend. If I had a good second computer, I'd make my wife play with us too. How bad do you think the lag will be?
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Pre order Pledge - 07/30/12 02:25 PM
If it is bad at all it will only be bad at the very start until people spread out a bit.
Posted By: Bandit Re: Pre order Pledge - 08/01/12 05:53 PM
Ill be there
Posted By: Zhou Re: Pre order Pledge - 08/01/12 06:02 PM
Look who came out of hiding ^^^^

Another oldie returning Guild Wars 2 will be great!

Zhou
Posted By: Maledictus Re: Pre order Pledge - 08/04/12 08:37 PM
ltima and i will be playing on the 25th from noon till we pass out assuming i can afford to build a computer by then (should be able to on the 17th)
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Pre order Pledge - 08/23/12 12:40 AM
Playing...yes preorder.

just trying to find what damned server you fools are on =P
Posted By: zombie Re: Pre order Pledge - 08/24/12 02:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Crimthan

Check the forums?
Posted By: Luxor Re: Pre order Pledge - 08/24/12 02:20 AM
Crimthan, We are on Fort Aspenwood. Make sure to join us in vent, that is where all the action is.
Posted By: Wildcard Re: Pre order Pledge - 08/24/12 04:00 PM
Pre-ordered, and planning to be there.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Pre order Pledge - 08/25/12 12:24 AM
Originally Posted By: zombie
Originally Posted By: Crimthan

Check the forums?

Barely been able to sift through countless threads lately, but found it. Running the DV tent for the Air show coming up here and preparing for the move/PCS to Patrick AFB in FL soon as well =P
Posted By: Owain Re: Pre order Pledge - 09/06/12 10:34 PM
Installing now...
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Pre order Pledge - 09/07/12 01:47 AM
Outstanding!!
© The KGB Oracle