The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Kaotic AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 04:12 AM
Is this new?
Originally Posted By: Kicked from game message

Error from server: Use of AFK Run/Swim/Ride, do not remain AFK in the game while running, swimming, or riding.
Posted By: DirtyFingers Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 04:34 AM
i believe it states it when createing acount basicaly if a gm sees you and tring to comunicate make sure you do comunicate with him because they kick you for being away from the pc while doing the afk swimming or running thing to manipulate stats while being afk.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 05:06 AM
I got the same ...
Posted By: DirtyFingers Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 05:32 AM
its called cheating or stat driveing i believe when i creating a account they spoke about that in claus smile
dont have account no more couldn't hack it lasted for 10mins and i was done smile
Posted By: Grizo Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 11:13 AM
ha ha ha i lasted longer than you lol
i still have my account and still play for about an hr a day
Posted By: Lukky Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 03:35 PM
Focus on one skill at a time the stats come naturally.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: DirtyFingers
i believe it states it when createing acount basicaly if a gm sees you and tring to comunicate make sure you do comunicate with him because they kick you for being away from the pc while doing the afk swimming or running thing to manipulate stats while being afk.

Wait. We're supposed to read all that crap every time we play? I thought we were just supposed to hit the "I Accept" button...
Posted By: JetStar Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 06:27 PM
Wow I have been swimming all day long everyday while at geodins. I hope I dont get popped. I am working in LV.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 06:32 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Wow I have been swimming all day long everyday while at geodins. I hope I dont get popped. I am working in LV.

You will get reported, maybe, by a GM, and kicked offline, but the chances of anything happening to your account is minimal.

See my post in the Federal Leadership Section.
Posted By: Magusto Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 09:09 PM
I have been doing this all day as well. I hope it is just a kick because only being able to play 2 hours a day give me a slight disadvantage on the skill gain.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: AFK Swimming - 10/22/10 10:20 PM
Yeah, today the message just say "AFK Swimming" nothing else smile

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: AFK Swimming - 10/23/10 12:04 AM
Ditto Kaotic ... think we need to find a new spot, I bet someone is coing by & GM reporting us.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: AFK Swimming - 10/23/10 01:51 PM
I've moved to Cax. We'll see how that works out.
Posted By: Magusto Re: AFK Swimming - 10/26/10 03:41 AM
Hey just to let everyone know Cax is the place to be for AFK swimming. Go under the harbor, you will see other swimmers as well. Been doing about 22 hours a day AFK swimming for about a week without any kicks or warnings.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: AFK Swimming - 10/26/10 05:45 AM
good to know ...
Posted By: Pickens Heretic Re: AFK Swimming - 10/26/10 06:11 AM
The place at Caxtla that I was doing it is behind that fake ship across from the harbor. There is a small cave there & a perfect spot to swim. I never got reported or anything there & I'm not anywhere that PvP should happen to roam through.
And yes, I have been speaking HIGHLY of afk swimming for a long time now, as other Officers have. =)
Trees, Stone, & Herbs help a lot too.
Posted By: Arkh Re: AFK Swimming - 10/26/10 04:45 PM
110 quickness is a must. When going to work or sleeping, if you can, put your toon to swim. It's an easy and almost free gain.

Don't forget to take the stam and health regen skills when you hit the prerequisite (50 strength for one, don't remember the other).
When half-afk : mine / cut wood or if you have a second computer macro your spells.
Posted By: JetStar Re: AFK Swimming - 10/26/10 09:52 PM
How do you get 110, I am capped at 100?
Posted By: Grizo Re: AFK Swimming - 10/26/10 11:54 PM
if server came up 1/2 hr sooner i so could afk while i am at work. so the question at hand is when time changes does it affect the server down time or does that stay the same?
Posted By: Longshanks Re: AFK Swimming - 10/27/10 12:28 AM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
How do you get 110, I am capped at 100?

The Fleet skill ... reqs are: 350 stamina & 100 sprint.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: AFK Swimming - 10/27/10 01:04 AM
Geodin's is not a bad place either anymore.
Since we have a working agreement with the clans that frequent it, I haven't been touched while swimming in 3 days.
© The KGB Oracle