The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Anonymous am i missing something why was a post deleted - 05/30/09 06:38 PM
i have been looking for a post that i replied to about heart in a video game and now its gone. i know it didnt start out being about that but post get hijacked all the time and they dont get deleted whats the deal.
as far as I know we don't Delete posts. Sometimes they get moved to an archive forum though.

If you use the drop down menu for My Stuff and select Posts. It will take you to a page with all of your posts. If you can sift through your list to find the name of the post. I may be able to pull it from an archive if it was moved.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: am i missing something why was a post deleted - 05/30/09 09:23 PM
yea val i know about that but what im saying is its gone im sure it was moved some where.
Derid reposted that post, orignial post was deleted or moved to archive because of the drama

Yeah I reposted it, and made a note that I had done so. People bringing RL into game arguments , and seeing it degenerate into a personal battle makes my teeth grind so I archived the thread and reposted the OP.

If anyone wants a copy of what they said (that isnt assinine or offensive) so they can restart discussion elsewhere PM me and I will send it over.

But, the thread was about a simple group event that some of our members were trying to run. It shouldnt be derailed, and moreso people shouldnt start ragging on others.

I considered simply removing the assinine content, because there was some good discussion there as well but TBH, I got lazy. Maybe I made an incorrect decision , but at the same time people shouldnt fight flamewars in other peoples event threads.

The point of moving the thread, was to make a statement that the behaviour exhibited was unacceptable - without having to call down any specific people. Much better if those involved realize that they may have gone a bit over the top and refrain from doing so in the future, however by the same token one small flamewar isnt that huge a deal.

Lets get back to the business at hand of kicking ass and drinking beer.

On another note, just a FYI - the primary reason I took action is because it *was* an event thread. I consider those different than discussion threads. Please dont derail event threads in the future, it should be easy for people to discuss the event in them.
My name is JetStar, and I approve this action and message.
Its a shame the discussion was deleted..Although slightly off topic from the original post it was a very interesting read and I think a discussion worth undertaking..And the fact that Derid's repost of someone elses original thread has 16 views and no replies, I dont see the harm in it ?
© The KGB Oracle