The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Tonto_KGB So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/08/09 05:15 PM
Okay, I'm gonna buy the game tonight.

Where do I go to make the purchase and approx. how long is the download going to be?

My computer has been on the fritz over the last couple days, likes to just randomly shut off... this isn't going to screw up my purchase if this happens, right?

Thanks in advance, look forward to seeing everyone in game when I get there.
Posted By: Leverett Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/08/09 07:58 PM
You don't. The release has been a complete mess. You have to get it through a site they do not even publicize.

They're only selling the game via online store for about 15 minutes a day. All last week it was available from 1200 to 1215MST.

https://www.darkfallonline.com/accounts/f/default.php?pname=Homepage

Very frustrating.
Posted By: Garal Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/09/09 12:21 AM
So how many KGB do we have with active accounts? And how many are still waiting to get in? I knew that the number of accounts they're opening was limited, but man only 15 minutes a day is pretty harsh =(
Posted By: Aureliano Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/09/09 01:30 AM
I'm still waiting to get in.
Posted By: Viper Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/09/09 01:36 AM
Still waiting!
Posted By: Leverett Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/09/09 03:42 AM
Also waiting. Gearing up for the psychological abuse for tomorrow's rush...
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/09/09 02:20 PM
Hmm, I guess I'll have to wait for the weekend as I can't access the site at work. frown

Oh well, I'd rather wait to play a stable game then rush into a broken pile of garbage
Posted By: Leverett Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/09/09 03:56 PM
They don't sell accounts during the weekend (at least not yet).

Apologies if I'm sounding like a broken record of sad songs... I'm really not that negative. laugh
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/10/09 04:13 PM
This is kinda funny, it's just hourglassing on the site now...

Man, how crowded is it in the actual game? Do they have a ton of people playing, or is the one server just really small and that is what the issue is?
Posted By: JetStar Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/10/09 05:11 PM
The server is huge, it takes hours to get from one end of the map to another.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/13/09 11:25 AM
still waiting here too !! i hope that they start letting more people in smile
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/13/09 04:05 PM
So no more copies sold today? frown

The queue times players are experiencing during prime-time hours the last couple of days are only temporary. They are due to the large number of new players that have entered the game this week. This made us reach a threshhold. Everyone wants to be online a lot, and to add to this, the starting areas are congested. It does help to bind away from the starting areas but currently during prime-time hours this isn't enough to avoid the queues.

We expect to have queuing issues this weekend especially around prime-time hours, but starting next week you will see a vast improvement as we considerably upgrade the capacity of our server cluster.

We apologize for the queuing and we want you to know that we're working non-stop to eliminate it. In the meanwhile we won't offer more copies of the game until this is resolved early next week.

We continue to aggressively detect and permanently ban exploiters using third party programs. We would like to assure the player-base that we're committed to protecting the game from these kinds of exploits. If you install and use one of these programs you will be permanently banned.
Posted By: Vyse Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/13/09 04:13 PM
Doesn't look like it. The queue times are absolutley horrendous. They need to at least at a counter or something to show your spot in line. It is really bad. Hang in there Tonto and all that have not been able to get it yet. You will have it soon and the good part is most of the grind will have already been done for you smile

I would love to see them post that they are adding a few more free days/weeks onto those who have been playing so far. Between the downtimes and the queue times 3 days just doesn't seem enough, a week would be nice.
I was in queue 2 hours this morning. This shit is ridiculous. They need to just add a second server, or seriously make it a server that can handle 50k+ people like EVE. If the server is like this after 7000 or so players, then just imagine if they let in another 3000.
Posted By: Heidi Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/14/09 01:52 AM
there once was a girl stuck in a que
so frustrated she didn't know what to do
she flew to greece
and beat up some geeks
not really, still sitting here waiting with you....
There was once a queue waiter named Heidi
who wanted her char to be mighty.
But this effing queue had
gotten Heidi quite mad.
And so nothing else rhymes with Heidi =(
Posted By: Heidi Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/14/09 02:54 AM
tidy!
Damn, all I had was righty, and I couldn't make something that made sense with it.
so when she murdered aventurine she made sure to be tidy
Posted By: JetStar Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/14/09 07:07 PM
And when she drinks beer she is un-tidy....
Posted By: Heidi Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/15/09 03:13 AM
my shirts don't lie
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/16/09 02:47 PM
I'm at work and can't view the DF forums.

Any word on if purchases will be open today at all?
Posted By: Longshanks Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/27/09 11:48 PM
Curious about online shop times ... anyone have any idea?

I sent DF support a message, no response.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/28/09 03:15 PM
FYI from the darkfall boards, posted on the 25th:

Quote:

If you've already purchased the Darkfall client and don't have an active recurring subscription yet, you can get one now. We've opened up the page in the account management under the "Products" tab where 1 month, 3 month (10% discount) and 6 month (15% discount) subscriptions are offered.

Your purchase will be queued and you will be billed when your free play period ends.

The account page is here:

https://www.darkfallonline.com/accounts/f/default.php

Also, we'll offer more client sales starting on Monday 4PM GMT for a limited number of copies and possibly every day next week as we further upgrade server capacity at the end of this week.

Thank you,
The Darkfall Team

That's Monday the 30th .... Looks promising.
Posted By: nethervoid Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/30/09 03:02 PM
Just so everyone is aware, they changed that time to 6pm GMT, as per Jet's other thread in the DF info forum.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=168737
Posted By: Aureliano Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/30/09 05:23 PM
I got!
Posted By: JetStar Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/30/09 05:23 PM
Everyone who got in, get in VENT!
Posted By: nethervoid Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/30/09 05:25 PM
I'm leaving work to play today. I'll be on in like an hour. =D
Posted By: JetStar Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/30/09 05:54 PM
Cool!
Posted By: Aureliano Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/30/09 06:30 PM
Damn, I won't be able to get on until after work...around 5pm pacific.
Posted By: Bishop Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/30/09 07:26 PM
Had some gay issues with activating my new card and ended up missing out on the buy period it seems : (

Better luck next time i guess.
Posted By: JetStar Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/30/09 07:30 PM
Tomorrow!
Posted By: Jester135 Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/31/09 12:16 AM
argh I wanna play >:|
Posted By: Longshanks Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 03/31/09 01:19 AM
I missed it today ... maybe tomorrow!
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=170423

Shop opens in 13 minutes today
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/03/09 04:25 PM
Shop open at all?
Posted By: Aureliano Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/03/09 04:44 PM
5pm GMT...whatever that is (10am Pac?)
Posted By: Longshanks Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/07/09 02:17 PM
Store is open now ... seems to be not too busy.
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/07/09 03:08 PM
I got it!

Not sure how much I'll be able to play tonight, but look for me in game a lot Wednesday-Thursday (girlfirend works late both days)
Posted By: nethervoid Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/07/09 03:20 PM
Grats! Love to see more KGBers getting in!
Posted By: Owain Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/14/09 03:06 PM
Ok, after a LOOOOONG freakin' wait, I finally was able to buy the client, and I'm patching up now. See you soon!
Posted By: Vyse Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/14/09 03:38 PM
Congrats Owain!!! I will try to scrape together a welcome suit of armor for you smile
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/15/09 08:07 PM
Hey Owain, hit me up if you need any help with the intro quests, I'll be around that area for a bit longer I think.
Posted By: Owain Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/15/09 09:39 PM
My char's name is Owain abArawn, so if you see me, give me a shout, either in game, or in vent.
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/16/09 12:48 AM
Cool, will do.

I'm Tonto deKGB in game.
Posted By: Garal Re: So where do I go to buy this thing? - 04/19/09 03:38 PM
Is the sale of new accounts still limited? How many KGBers are still trying to snag one?
© The KGB Oracle