The KGB Oracle
Originally Posted By: Thomas
manscorpians reside on the southern islands just south of our city. They skin into 10 or so leather I guess and are easily done by 2 or 3 geared peeps.

Hey All,

Any chance we can organize a hunting party out at the island that Thomas is speaking of? Thomas and myself are working on armor crafting and it requires a good bit of leather. I was thinking maybe Friday and Saturday night we could have groups go out there to farm these mobs and skin the leather.

If anyone has leather to spare I will also purchase it for you or if you need Resin, Sulphur that kind of stuff I have quite a lot to trade.

Let me know. Thanks. I hope to get Armorsmithing up asap so that we can all be better outfitted for our battles.
Guys if you're going to do that quest, on the DF maps I put up a waypoint to questgivers in a crescent-shaped island just below that. The quest givers give 2 quests to kill Manscorpions (one asks for 4, one asks for 10 in one hour) so you might as well make an extra couple hundred gold per hour as you farm leather.
Originally Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa
Guys if you're going to do that quest, on the DF maps I put up a waypoint to questgivers in a crescent-shaped island just below that. The quest givers give 2 quests to kill Manscorpions (one asks for 4, one asks for 10 in one hour) so you might as well make an extra couple hundred gold per hour as you farm leather.

Thanks man! Good call. Even more insentive smile
I would be up for some of this action. We need to keep you crafters crafting! Plus GOLD is always needed!
Count me in on friday and saturday.
a few of us checked this out and yes 20 leather and regs for each scorp. Well not always leather, it could be another enchanting mat or leather.

Get the 2 quests in town close by and have fun!
My plan tonight is to harvest from about 2PST til 7 PST and then head over to this island. So let's tentativley plan on a party leaving between 7-8 PST and harvesting until our eyes bleed. I need leather you guys can have everything else we get. I would suggest half the gold we make goes into the guild vault.

I believe tomorrow night Thomas will plan on running the same mission as he has to work tonight and I can't play tomorrow night (much) so this works out well as the 2 of us are in need of a LOT of leather. Thanks ahead of time to all who participate!!!
yah I'll be home late 11:30pm PST so will try to hook up with a few people then to farm some more.
Just cracked one of these boys..
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2641/9700/?ba=Spikester

See you in game.
Quick questions about armors : can you craft leather only armor (those without any metal on them) ?
If yes, what mats are needed ?
Because banded armor is good for protection, but it's too shinny when trying to sneak on people.
Leather armor is crafted by Tailors - I do not think we have a tailor yet

Not sure exactly what is needed for it but I can tell you that it is not in the armorsmithing tree.

BTW

Thanks to all those who assisted with this. The Manscorpions are really boring but it ended up being a really good time. I hope to be able to do these groups once or twice a week. Thanks again.
Well, I now know what crafting my second account will start with : tailoring.
Tasorin and I were two-manning the Manscorpions the other day, so it is possible, albeit with a little kiting, but doable. I can "almost" solo one, but Manscorpians are easily two-mannable.
leather is from tailoring and I believe "Bartender" the KGB crafter is gonna work on that skill soon.

The one problem with the manscorps that Donk mentioned is they don't drop any cash... just regs and leather from skinning. Makes it hard sometimes to get people to go.
If you ever find me on Thomas, i'll go. I find it significantly faster to level my bowyer up with making bows rather than arrows; and that requires leather. (usually on 7pst - 12 Pst)
The quests give cash though. Something like 150+10/scorp after the 10th in one hour, and the other gives like 90.
I've got almost 30 pieces that I have just been tossing in my bank. Catch me in vent next time and its yours.
Still could use Leather and iron - let me know what you need and I will trade/buy what you have.
I have about 100 leather....I'm in need of Bone and Ash
© The KGB Oracle