The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 01:40 PM
First of all, let me say this was the most exciting and fun time I have had in an MMO since I can remember. Working with my KGB brothers and sisters, with the constant threat of RPKs spoiling the day, I know all involved were on the edge of their seats as we got attacked while trying to claim the city. I was carrying 10,0000 Gold worth of City Shard at the time. Watch the video to see the outcome.
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS VIDEO OUTSIDE OF THE KGB MEMBERSHIP AS IT WILL REVEAL THE LOCATION OF OUR NEW CITY TO OUR ENEMIES

You can also view this video in its full size HERE

If you are still on the fence about Darkfall, let me tell you plain and simple. Nothing in recent history can match the thrill of FFA Full Loot. Your missing out. JOIN US TODAY (or when orders open again)
Posted By: Phoebus Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 02:29 PM
Grats on the taking of the city
Epic. Lucky you got attacked so close to the city limits. Hope to be in game soon, they released an update a few hours ago saying that they won't be selling regular accounts until they fix the "account not active" login problems some people have been having.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 02:31 PM
Good job guys!

One question though: So what's going to happen down the road when US servers are offered for transfer?
Posted By: Morlander Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 04:19 PM
prob have to buy a new stone and claim a new city
Posted By: Aulderon Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 05:11 PM
WOOHOO! party time!

Now I just need an account lol - I will be in soon.

-Auld / Cyn
Posted By: Viper Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 05:23 PM
Gratz
Posted By: Lorddarka Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 05:40 PM
gratz sorry couldnt be there had to work hehe didnt plan on not having this part done by now hehe good job guys nice work..
Posted By: Vyse Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 05:45 PM
Best night of gaming in a long time guys - I am soo glad I got to be a part of it. If people want it I will freaking go over every detail of last night in a post it is fresh in my memeory and I am still on the edge of my seat. got my 4 hours of sleep time to harvest :-) bank is next smile

Beers for all!!!!!
Posted By: Revol Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 06:01 PM
I'm curious as to the pros and cons of our city spot.
Posted By: chaulootz Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 06:08 PM
Awesome!
Posted By: Garal Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 07:59 PM
Great stuff guys!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 09:31 PM
Congrats guys and gals.

Without fail, it figures I would have to go to work on a required work weekend, just when it starts being for keeps.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 02/28/09 10:12 PM
At least you're in a position to play the game. Try being at a military school with a laptop and a bandwidth that's so bad that you get 25,000 ping in guild wars and can't even use Vent due to the ping rate...
Posted By: rhaikh Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 03/01/09 08:13 AM
We got pushed out of the city we had in Beta early on, as SUN was one of the first guilds to claim a city and they chose ours.

The other relatively decent city locations on Cairn were also claimed by this time. There was one city left, just south of the neutral (i.e. PK) town of Simiran.

I had a feeling that we'd be up against a wall when it came time to claim a city, so I made the very long journey to the northeastern continent of Yssam to see if there were any good cities available there. I found an amazing orkish island city, you can see screenshots here: http://www.yikes.com/~ptolemy/linkage/yssam_city_screens.zip (7MB zip)

Honestly, both of these cities had their problems. The one on Cairn was on familiar territory, but was really nothing special. The one on Yssam was simply too far away from civilization to be of practical use. Both cities had enemies nearby.

Luckily, someone realized that this acid city in Alfar lands hadn't been claimed yet! It's on the mainland, so it's close to everything. Starter towns, noob spawns, high level spawns, you name it. It's fairly defensible since the acid is no fun to step in, and I believe there are only two bridges into the city.

It's also close to Cairn, so should we wish to hold a grudge with SUN (and we've declared war on them now), we are within striking distance.

The fact that it's so close to everything is also a potential huge negative. We are easy to get to in a war. We're also in a high traffic area for noobs, and pretty close to some chaos stones a lot of low budget RPKs are going to hang out at. We're in the middle of Alfar lands, so anyone in our guild who isn't Alfar is going to be harassed without penalty by said noobs.

As a warrior, I actually like that this will present us with more frequent challenges. But it will make some things difficult. AFK macro harvesting is going to be almost impossible, you'll have to do it within city limits (if that's even possible) or somewhere far away.

I'm sure there's more nuances I've skipped but someone else can fill it out.
Posted By: Revol Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 03/01/09 03:11 PM
Thanks for the details.
Posted By: Leverett Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 03/01/09 04:10 PM
Good read rhaikh thanks.
Posted By: BK_of_KGB Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 03/01/09 04:16 PM
Nice more fighting i like the city smile
Posted By: Syloc Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 03/01/09 07:44 PM
Horray!
Posted By: Garrot_Sin Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 03/02/09 02:54 AM
I am registered and downloaded im just waiting for the accounts creation to open back up and I will be in..

Congrats on the city, that is awesome..
Posted By: Ezekiel_Zane Re: KGB ACQUIRES THE CITY OF KHOSGAR - 03/02/09 05:38 AM
That's awesome everyone.

I'm still in the process of moving from Washington to Montana.

When I get things settled down in the new place, I'm really looking at playing DF.
© The KGB Oracle