The KGB Oracle
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Retail Check in - 02/19/09 06:18 PM
Just wondering who plans on playing retail.

Post the character name you plan on using, race (do we still have to go Alfar, or is it ARAC?), and skill specializations. Also post if you plan on Preordering/Playing release day, and playing on European Servers (they've announced you'll be able to transfer the chars to the American servers later.) Also list what your game plan is for the start (do you want to donate gold to the guild for the city, or harvest, or what?)

I'm low on money in my checking account right now, so I'll only preorder if I get enough money to be sure I'll have $50 in checking by next Friday. Regardless, I plan on playing the game as soon as I can.

I'll be playing as BoS Bibliotequa, or BoS Archon (Archon would be far easier for you guys to type, so might do that).

I'm not sure if I'll go Alfar, Elf, or Human (Alfar has smaller hit boxes, which is pretty important, Elf has the largest, but the most caster-friendly stats if I recall correctly).

My focus will be 2-handed Swords and Magic (probably fire or air). As for crafting, I'd love to make boats, so what's that... woodworking?

I'm busy as hell with school though, and I want to wait for Bishop to come back home to game with him, so what I'm thinking of doing for the first month or so is just AFK macro harvesting (Wood and Stone for the city and strength, Herbs for potions and Intelligence) and AFK macro my lesser magic to get the level 100 snare. Hopefully by doing this although my combat skills may be low, based on shear stats alone I'll be decent 1 month into the game once I'm ready to start playing with Bishop.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Retail Check in - 02/19/09 06:30 PM
Will be purchasing DFO pre-order or Retail depending on if I get a pre-order copy.

I will either roll a Human or an Alfar depending on KGB's decision on ARAC.

I will be Tasorin DaKGB

If there are going to be people as well with some financial constraints, who are actually going to play, and I do mean play more then a couple hours a week. I would be willing to purchase an additional copy or three for the Clan's use.(Please do not abuse this offer)
Posted By: Vyse Re: Retail Check in - 02/19/09 06:41 PM
I will be buying and playing as hardcore as life allows me to

Can't get in to pre-order right now though and I am pulling my hair out.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Retail Check in - 02/19/09 06:52 PM
I am at work for another 3 hours and can't check all the time - any chance anyone would be willing to call me when it is back up? 1-360-817-5728 or 1-877-354-3577 x55728 (free)
Posted By: JetStar Re: Retail Check in - 02/19/09 08:53 PM
Please chime in the Census thread also.
Posted By: Heidi Re: Retail Check in - 02/19/09 11:55 PM
If my tax return comes in by this weekend then I'll be in. Otherwise I may have to wait a bit. Its kinda check to check right now.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 04:15 AM
Got my pre-order confirmation, I'll cya there!

Dorf! I will be breaking rocks, trees, and fish (yes, I am going to break all of them).
Posted By: Thomas Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 04:34 AM
what about breaking skulls?
Posted By: Rallic Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 05:25 AM
aye ill be there , preordered , now jsut waiting..

Need to have a chat with who ever will be handling the guild crafting/ city building. so we can have them up and rolling, with the info they need.

skills that it will take up other then the mian skill, are mining, loging, and woodworking.

so 5 skills just to build the city. i have no way of knowing jsut how many skills you can take to 100 atm, but might be able to add smelting and weapon/armor smith. with the mining or bower, or what ever skill it is for ship building .

any ways let me know who, when
Posted By: shatter Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 05:56 AM
Just finished the pre-order process over a span of about 3 hours. Got my new headset and will be in vent. Just need to read the beta forums to see what information can be learned before launch.
Posted By: Arginal Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 02:46 PM
I am in there like a rat in the hay stack!! Pre-order done and dusted. Took me around 16 hours. I had to wait for the West coast to go off to bed before possible/ Keep trying!
Posted By: Lenny Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 03:44 PM
I got in this morning. For those of you that have still not gotten in, try to download the Chrome browser by google. It seems that it does not time out as early as other browsers. Last night i got my account set up and credit card. This morning i got my account, i never got a success screen, but i did get my email confirmation. SO WOOT, im in.

For those of you that are not in, and i know who you are and have played with you in the past, i will be allowing some to use my account. BIB, you are welcome to play my account on release for sure.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 05:36 PM
Thanks to Lennys information, I was able to complete mine this morning. I will be there!
Posted By: rhaikh Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 09:37 PM
Curious, what's your User ID Romeo? The # is in some of the URLs.. Mine was 1665 and I made it an hour or two after the link went up.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 09:40 PM
Got only one pre-order atm.
The second won't let me register my billing infos
Posted By: Morlander Re: Retail Check in - 02/20/09 10:18 PM
prepurchase complete
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Retail Check in - 02/21/09 12:30 AM
Thanks for the offer, Lenny. Hopefully I'll be playing before the end of the first week, but I might just take you up on that offer and help pl you those first few days when you're not playing or something
© The KGB Oracle