The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Derid WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/18/09 08:28 PM

This Sunday we will be holding TWO meetings in Vent.

One at around 2PM EST / 1pm CST / 11am PST

One at around 9pm EST / 8 CS / 6pm PST.

You only need to show for ONE. We are doing it twice , so people across time zones and RL schedules have a chance to show up.

The times are slightly flexible, an hour or so either way.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/18/09 10:20 PM
Good deal. I hope someone can post the aftermath upon the completion of both meetings for those of us who cannot attend either due to geographical limitations.
Posted By: Vyse Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/18/09 10:48 PM
Any chance the 9PM EST could be changed to 8pm? I really want to make the meeting but as it stands I will only be able to make the 1st 30 mins of the 2nd meeting. I will do my best to get things switched around. IT IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Bardaji Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/19/09 01:08 AM
I will try to figure how to record the mtgs. and at minimum post up a summary Crim..
Posted By: Thomas Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/19/09 01:20 AM
thanks for the double meeting times.
Posted By: Vyse Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/19/09 02:14 AM
We figured it out - will be at the morning one - cya Sunday guys.
Posted By: Arginal Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/19/09 02:47 AM
I will still miss both, go +10:00 time zone!

If a post with some sort of overview / direction / etc could be posted to the forums it would help.

Your AM hour, macro gutting and lewting brother in arms
Posted By: shatter Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/19/09 03:05 AM
I used Audacity to record the first one as a MP3. I had the quality settings too high though and the file size came out kind of large. Assuming I am there for one of the meetings, I shall record it again but at a lower quality level.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/19/09 03:17 AM
Cool..I'll install that and use it as well Shatter in case you can't make it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: Uber Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/21/09 02:51 AM
can someone record and translate to text the meeting minutes for us deafies
Posted By: syev Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/21/09 04:38 PM
Has the thought occurred to anyone we should use IRC as well? To ask questions? etc?
Posted By: Derid Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/21/09 05:20 PM

Why not just use vent chat?
Posted By: syev Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/22/09 12:06 AM
That works.. guess I forgot about that.

Posted By: Kaotic Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/22/09 03:04 AM
Syev has a point. I wasn't able to attend the last meeting, but knowing us, I'd imagine it can get pretty chaotic with several people asking questions. Perhaps if we ask questions via chat and have the folks running it answer via vent. Just a thought.
Posted By: Thomas Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/22/09 10:36 PM
I ended up getting scheduled to work during both meeting times but really want to get the "notes" from the meeting. Can someone post an abridged version of what was announced?
Quote:

I ended up getting scheduled to work during both meeting times but really want to get the "notes" from the meeting. Can someone post an abridged version of what was announced?

They will be posted after the conclusion of both meetings. I cannot promise tonight...but I do know that they won't be posted until after tonight's "Mirror Meeting"
Posted By: Hare Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/23/09 12:38 AM
We are getting close to launch so maybe we won't need this but, I have a gotowebinar/meeting account that we could use for meetings like this. One use would be for someone to demonstrate something in game and everyone could view it live.
It's also recordable into a wmv file that can be viewed on demand.

There are probably other ways to do this but it's one way.

Thanks,
Hare
Posted By: Thomas Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/23/09 01:08 AM
got off work early so I will be there for this meeting after all.
Posted By: Arginal Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/23/09 09:09 AM
Anyone have an overview? I will never be able to make sunday meetings (fri/sat are all good!) because of being 16+ hours difference to PST.
Posted By: Arginal Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/23/09 08:51 PM
Or at the very minimum respond to these two questions
1) Where should we be going directly from the start? There is 8000+ people downloading the client on the torrent right now that means 8000+ people at launch. I doubt the noob zones are going to be even workable.

2) What is the general plan starting out? Farm like mad to get the city started? If so is there a loc we are going to try and target to hold a guild while we farm?
Posted By: Derid Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/23/09 11:08 PM

Roll Alfar if you get in before we claim city.

Start in the SE town.

If you cannot get in until after city is claimed, you can roll a different race if you really want, or reroll after city is claimed.. if you really do not want to be alfar.

Will get all this posted soon.
Posted By: Thomas Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/24/09 12:03 AM
talked about the adjustments to leadership rolls for release.

Everyone will band together and do initial newbie quests to get cash and resources to build city.

Everyone is strongly encouraged to play Alfar but if after the city is built you want to re-roll something else you can.

Our starting city #1 choice is Calfadar still on the south east island.

Talked about the importance of Stamina and shield use and that everyone will want parry skill in some form.

Resource gathering such as fishing and cooking is really important because food = staying alive longer. Don't underestimate the importance of food.

After initial rush to city I assume we'll start beating on each other for skill gain as this is a more controled and faster way to raise them.

I'm sure I missed something else we talked about but this is the most of it. If anyone else wants to add info please do.
Posted By: Arginal Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/24/09 12:10 AM
Great! Thanks for the update guys
Posted By: Laryagar Re: WEEKEND LAUNCH MEETINGS- ALL READ 2/18 - 02/24/09 01:48 AM
Great, know where to start now. I knew Alfar was not sure exact location. I will work on those skills, but I planned to specialize in magic.
© The KGB Oracle