The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Vyse European Release - 02/09/09 10:00 PM
Hey All,

Has anyone heard how the EU release is going to take place? Can we reserve from here and download a digital copy and play on their servers until the US ones are up and running? That would be a great way to get started and kind of a dress rehearsal for the US servers.

I heard a rumor that this was going to be how it will be set up and that you can transfer your characters for free when the time comes. Somehow I doubt this is true.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Posted By: Demoyn Re: European Release - 02/10/09 02:40 PM
The date is February 25th. Everything you said is true, but most people are expecting another pushback.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: European Release - 02/11/09 01:16 AM
I'd wager on another delay considering they've yet to put out purchasing info and we're fifteen days from supposed release. Also, at this point I have BIG doubts of a NA release. I think they'll end up following in Eve's footsteps which is cool wit me as I haven't had any ping/fps issues.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: European Release - 02/11/09 01:40 AM
Quote:

I think they'll end up following in Eve's footsteps which is cool wit me as I haven't had any ping/fps issues.

One sandbox to play in would make it more interesting for sure. Syloc has been pulling 100ish to 300's ping times and I am pulling about the same thing recently Both on the west coast, and at the end of US prime time. If the server is located in Western Europe I would expect East Coasters to be pulling mid to low double digit ping times at optimum.

The question is I guess is if Ping times and server latency going to play a huge part in Crowd control, Avatar warping, and Frames Per Second. As well, just how many toons is it going to take going full out on a city siege before it becomes a slide show for most people.
© The KGB Oracle