The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Vyse For those not in beta - another great leak! - 02/02/09 08:24 PM
http://s1.zetaboards.com/betaleaks/topic/1167679/1/?x=0#post75680
Posted By: Vyse Re: For those not in beta - another great leak! - 02/03/09 02:09 PM
Sorry looks like they removed it - there was great information in that link. I hope some were able to view it before they pulled it.
Thanks man - for the future, can anyone posting beta leaks place the Link in the thread, and directly below it, cut and paste the text about it? That way if the link is removed we can still read the text.
That would make us leakers, it is our prerogative to not leak.
Honestly, no one even needs to post other leak sight links on these boards as under the NDA we can still be held accountable for spreading leaked information.

That would tarnish KGB and make it more difficult for us to get into future beta endeavors.

I am asking a moderator to delete all these "leak" threads and asking them to enforce this.
use this forum for beta info its a forum that people leak to all the time this will keep our site clean and following nda just go register on this forum and all u wildest dfo fantasys will come true.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/betaleaks/index/
Posted By: Vyse Re: For those not in beta - another great leak! - 02/04/09 11:23 PM
Found it, they moved it. I will not post anymore of these. Just trying to be helpful for those not in beta salivating like I am.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/betaleaks/topic/1178254/1/#new
There's an NDA for semi-open beta?

Three words: Prepubescent Blue Balls.
Yes, and the NDA is quite strict.
The best thing for people under the NDA is to be silent then.

For those of us not under the NDA we can speak freely and link to any public information available.

As the internet was born, so shall information flow :-D To try and stop it is to try and stop the ocean tides.
Posted By: Daye Re: For those not in beta - another great leak! - 02/05/09 02:57 PM
NDA's are the means companies use to keep all info
( good or bad ) of an upcoming game under wraps.

This ensures the maximum number of subscribers will
at least try the first month which, at the very least,
will guarantee income from purchasing the game and
the first months subscription fee.

The top goal is to make money off of the endeavor. An
acceptable one, however, is to break even the costs
required to create it.

The net is basically an amplifier for the entertainment
industry. If the product is amazing or terrible, word of
mouth across the net will raise the repercussions of it
exponentially.

Since everyone can find fault with anything, they try to
keep the info released to an absolute minimum.
Well if there turns out to be no open beta someone better spill something!
Quote:

NDA's are the means companies use to keep all info
( good or bad ) of an upcoming game under wraps.

This ensures the maximum number of subscribers will
at least try the first month which, at the very least,
will guarantee income from purchasing the game and
the first months subscription fee.

The top goal is to make money off of the endeavor. An
acceptable one, however, is to break even the costs
required to create it.

The net is basically an amplifier for the entertainment
industry. If the product is amazing or terrible, word of
mouth across the net will raise the repercussions of it
exponentially.

Since everyone can find fault with anything, they try to
keep the info released to an absolute minimum.

Oh make no mistake I understand the purpose of an NDA. However, that does not line up with my purpose which is to be informed. Those who are in beta, good on ya!, those who are not *shrug* shall we just sit back and wait like small children? Of course not, we are excited and wish to know as much as possible. If you choose to abide the NDA that is your choice in the mater, just as my choice is to seek out information and wade through the complaints and the hype to the core. Same thing as any other subject material. Some of us share this information between ourselves (not to the beta testers) as a short cut, since we all are vets we can spot good news over complaining/hype.

That's just my take on it.
Posted By: Vyse Re: For those not in beta - another great leak! - 02/05/09 09:14 PM
Quote:

Oh make no mistake I understand the purpose of an NDA. However, that does not line up with my purpose which is to be informed. Those who are in beta, good on ya!, those who are not *shrug* shall we just sit back and wait like small children? Of course not, we are excited and wish to know as much as possible. If you choose to abide the NDA that is your choice in the mater, just as my choice is to seek out information and wade through the complaints and the hype to the core. Same thing as any other subject material. Some of us share this information between ourselves (not to the beta testers) as a short cut, since we all are vets we can spot good news over complaining/hype.

Agreed - I don't feel I am violating anything or putting anyone in the guild in jeopardy by sharing info. Now if I were to get in beta I would completely stop posting stuff about the game and might even request my previous posts get removed for fear of then breaking the NDA.

Have we beaten this to death yet?
Nope.
Anyone can Google the beta leak sites. If you want first hand encounters then get in Vent.
Posted By: Vyse Re: For those not in beta - another great leak! - 02/06/09 05:43 AM
been in vent a lot - enjoyed some good conversation today. Hate to bug people when they are in the game but it was nice to ask a few questions.

One thing I wanted to add: It has been very unclear weather people area even allowed to get in vent and join the darkfall channels. Slinger and Represent have said do it but when I hopped on last night I was asked who told me that as if I shouldn't be there. When I said Rep everyone seemed cool about it but the way we have gone about this whole thing has left a lot of us in the dark.
Quote:

Anyone can Google the beta leak sites. If you want first hand encounters then get in Vent.

Pretty hard to get in vent when you're at a 6 week military PME course in Alabama, with an absolute shit internet connection, let alone have that much time to be surfing all over the net.

These guys are doing a great job so far.
Here is a list of places I frequent
This first one is really good
http://s1.zetaboards.com/betaleaks/index/

http://leakfall.blogspot.com/

Lots of people try to use youtube for videos and they don't last long unfortunately, so be quick if you see one.
© The KGB Oracle