The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Arginal Recall Stones - 01/27/09 02:20 AM
Wooot I love recall stones!

"Rune stones(Recall stones) have been enabled. Anyone can use a rune stone, but to bind a location into it, you need to be trained in that skill."

http://betaleaks.blogspot.com/
Posted By: Vyse Re: Recall Stones - 01/27/09 03:03 PM
I was going to ask about that. One of my favorite things about UO was the travel system. I had one of the largest rune libraries on Catskills.
Posted By: Arginal Re: Recall Stones - 01/28/09 09:17 AM
Also has anyone noticed in the videos leaking out lately that the melee combat is 3rd person? Sort of a disappointment as I was looking forward to 1st person melee being a mandatory thing. *shrug* Ahh well.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Recall Stones - 01/28/09 01:51 PM
I thought the melee always was 3rd person and just archery and possibly spells were 1st person
Posted By: Elph Re: Recall Stones - 01/28/09 02:30 PM
Melee was set to be 3rd person, one of the things that drew me away from the game was that range/magic classes were 1st person, I cannot play that way lol
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Recall Stones - 01/28/09 02:57 PM
Melee is in third person, but what you are seeing is a locked camera right behind your character. You cannot zoom in or out, or rotate the camera without rotating your toon.

Archery and spells are in first person.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Recall Stones - 01/28/09 06:40 PM
Quote:

Wooot I love recall stones!

"Rune stones(Recall stones) have been enabled. Anyone can use a rune stone, but to bind a location into it, you need to be trained in that skill."

http://betaleaks.blogspot.com/

Seriously: I've never liked Recall. There's nothing worse than beating the crap out of an enemy only for them to port away. Gay.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Recall Stones - 01/28/09 10:02 PM
Quote:

Seriously: Gay.

Did Crim just come out of the closet?
Posted By: Arginal Re: Recall Stones - 01/28/09 10:33 PM
Recalled out of the closet?
Posted By: Thomas Re: Recall Stones - 01/28/09 10:35 PM
he has a perma bind IN the closet in case of emergencies!
Posted By: Syloc Re: Recall Stones - 01/29/09 12:02 AM
I never liked recall either. On the plus side, these stones cost money and, suppoidly, have a long cast timer. Hopefully, they become rare enough that it doesn't become a common occurance, god knows there's enough things to grind for (stone, wood and gold) so rune stones might be at the bottom of people's list, or at least, a choice people have to make.

Do I get gear or do I get weapons? keke, I can only hope.
Posted By: Arginal Re: Recall Stones - 01/29/09 01:43 AM
Long cast timer would be a good thing. Keep people from running away from combat like was said before. I think its a great idea because there is nothing worse then traveling a hour+ in-game to meet up somewhere you frequent often.

Wonder if mounts can recal with you?
Posted By: Thomas Re: Recall Stones - 01/29/09 06:51 AM
If you push the casting time up on these things and make them highly interuptable (no pre-casts) then recalls are a GREAT thing.

I hate the idea of running around for days to get to the next city etc.
© The KGB Oracle