The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - January 22nd, 2009 - 12/19/08 04:20 AM
After talking to High Chancellor Derid, we will be participating in the 1/2009 euro launch. We are going to hone our skills and our organization on euro servers and then migrate to North America as soon as servers come available.

This gives us a "Sandbox" to work out the bugs, and give us the best shot at success in North America.

Questions and comments are welcome
awsome
my question probly has no answer but perhaps in time you guys can post the answer.
will we be able to order it from a online store? if its unavailable thru a digital download?
was hoping for a digital download myself but i just want to be sure to have it as close to release day as possible as im sure you all do
Morlander
Posted By: Syloc Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - January 22nd, 2009 - 12/19/08 06:05 PM
I'll be there!

I'm assuming it'll be avaible for download, especially since the reason they're not releasing it for US is because of publishing and release issues.
It will be a digital download as they have referenced in the forums.
We can play open Euro Trash beta from the U.S.?
We can subscribe to the Euro release and PAY to play!
Quote:

It will be a digital download as they have referenced in the forums.

anything to that affect so far has been 100% pure speculation
but as well seems to be the wisest way for them to go with release was just hoping it had been confirmed someplace that i had yet to see.
This is SO Awesome! I can play Euro on January 22d, and then fly to my LT School 3 days later!

BE

KNOW

DO
new form of martial art?
Posted By: Elph Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - January 22nd, 2009 - 12/22/08 01:16 PM
If you purchase the Euro version of DFO, then when its released to the NA servers, are you going to have to purchase the NA servers? Most games sell different versions of the game in Euro and Us. It just may seem like a waste of money if you have to buy the same game twice.
i know that with aoc people had this issue but all that was needed was a small file to be changed so the client reached the us servers rather than the eu ones
Also, a waste of money is opinionated. While it may be a waste to some, some others may not consider it so.
Posted By: Heidi Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - January 22nd, 2009 - 12/22/08 07:51 PM
I will buy one full version. I'm not throwing anymore money away than that. So if the switch is easy great. Otherwise I will be on the one we choose to play on. Things are way too tight right now for me to do anything other than this.
As with almost all things related, we can only speculate. Hit the DFO forums and you'll see every theory under the sun. If DFO delivers as promised, it's worth the cash, even to buy a Euro and N/A version but I'll go on record as saying the devs are dicks if they make N/A users pay twice!
Agreed Bard,but I too will buy both copies if I need to.
Posted By: Syloc Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - January 22nd, 2009 - 12/24/08 08:06 PM
Yeah. Two copies isn't such a big deal, especially if DF delivers. It's not like I was going to buy any other MMO anytime soon.

I do doubt that though, making NA players buy two copies, but you never know.
Posted By: Falx Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - January 22nd, 2009 - 12/26/08 04:44 AM
Tasos said you will be able to play both servers with only one copy, its in his recent interview somewhere~
wow sweet !! count me in then !!
Posted By: Elph Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - January 22nd, 2009 - 12/27/08 04:49 AM
Well that is good. For those of you who think that paying for two copies isn't a big deal. Try to have a family of 5 on one income and both parents going to full time college, along with one working full time. Not everyone has that kinda money to spend hehe.

Hopefully for those that play, you won't suffer from lag issues or ping issues being so far from the servers.
Posted By: Falx Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - January 22nd, 2009 - 12/27/08 03:33 PM
I am going to play on launch. That being said I figure I would kind of mess around with different skills/tactics etc and just get a feel for the game, that way when NA launches, I will already know what to expect/know what im doing.
Quote:

Tasos said you will be able to play both servers with only one copy, its in his recent interview somewhere~

This is correct. it was in the Curse interview.
I plan to play as well, I have followed Darkfall for a few years now and do want to see if it lives up to its promise.

Laryagar
I will most likely be playing
Posted By: Syloc Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - January 22nd, 2009 - 01/09/09 07:20 PM
Finally, a game that isn't revovled around raiding a dungeon or quest for that uber ph4t 700T! Can it be?

Jan 22, come here faster!
© The KGB Oracle