The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar The JetStar fund - Cant Afford to Play DF? - 11/15/08 08:43 PM
Lots of us are grown up and have lots of responsibilities, kids, etc. So I have come up with a good plan. If you are considering skipping DF because of the economy, I have a solution.

I will be sponsoring several accounts that will be used for guild functions as I have in the last several games. If you would like access to once of these accounts, you can have it, but you may have to help with administrative functions and or share the password with guild leadership. Need some examples of what these accounts get used for?

1) Mules to carry goods
2) Spies to watch other organizations
3) Recruitment bots, and many others.

If you or anyone you know is skipping DF because of finances, have them send me a PM. This entire program is confidential, and I am very happy to do it.

Serving KGB,
Jet, this idea will depend alot on whether they allow you to have more than one character per server.

If they don't..it won't leave you much wiggle room. However, as always you are more than generous.
That would mean more accounts, and I am prepared for that. I am cutting out some monthly internet costs and cancelling all previous accounts in support of DF.
Posted By: Elph Re: The JetStar fund - Cant Afford to Play DF? - 11/16/08 02:09 PM
Jet I can't believe that you keep all those old game accounts LOL.
Jet -- Please consider putting up a donate link on the front page specifically for this once Darkfall drops. I'd happily donate to the cause of getting our more economically challenged brothers/sisters in-game! Buying keys for each and then maintaining the accounts is a cost you shouldn't have to shoulder alone!
Posted By: Elph Re: The JetStar fund - Cant Afford to Play DF? - 11/16/08 07:54 PM
Bard top right of the forums, always been a donate link for KGB. You can specify in the title of your paypal payment what you would want to send the money for. Although Jet may not want assistance with it lol.
People have donated to specific things in the past. VENT, etc. I am always happy to accept help in this area, but am prepared to foot the bill myself.

The Darkfall effort is so important to me, I want to make sure that everyone that wants to share in it, gets a chance to.
There's a donate link? I'm all about it as well.

When is DF coming out?
Quote:

There's a donate link? I'm all about it as well.

When is DF coming out?

Currently, we are thinking mid December if memory serves. Yes, there is a donate link in the top right of the entrance page. You can specify an amount and service you'd like to donate to if you wish. Otherwise, all donated funds are used to buy Jet more beer.
Guild look in the upper right hand corner where is says WELCOME TO THE KGB ORACLE. Its also on the entrance page.
Posted By: Heidi Re: The JetStar fund - Cant Afford to Play DF? - 11/21/08 08:19 AM
I donated a dolla for my phone call. I was jipped. Give me back my money.
Pfft, I'll give you your dollar back as a tip for last night.
Quote:

I donated a dolla for my phone call. I was jipped. Give me back my money.

I wondered why you sent in the dolla! (She really did!)
maybe she was attempting to get you to do a little strip tease Jet
Only if I get a happy ending.
Heidi will probably organize the Jetstar Happy Endings Fund (JHEF) since she will be in charge of that sort of thing in DFO
I'll have my own account, but if you need a player to make the JetStar account look elite, I'll accept my old role back.
In recent history, I have been playing my own accounts exclusively.
Oh, so THAT'S why Derid has full ownership of DFO. :P
Hehe well its the new system Demoyn. It is more like each game is a state, Derid being the Governor and me the President.
I'm head prick.

That's a cabinet member fyi.
Jet as allways your to giving.

as for my self ill do my best to play , and will help with any needs that come forth.

as for a payed account, my self id rather not. most know the boat im in atm . im making it, but its tite.

for me, it comes down to what i need to be doing. if i cant pay for a small game account then i dont have the time to play any ways.

so in short hope to see you all in game . and i will when things get back on track for me.
Hmm...can I buy time?
Well since I have yet to find a "real" job i'll be delayed getting into game. I just can't justify (or afford atm) spending money gaming when RL issues/bill/etc are out there. They have to come first... hehe *sigh*.

I really don't want someone to pay for me but if you have an extra account that I can help out with while learning the game i'd consider it getting "paid" to learn... lol. Whatever you decide is ok by me just wanted to make the offer .

Take care and hope to see you in game sometime in the near future!!

P.S. Remember me way back when I had a master crafter in DAoC? Time crafting is not the issue (till I get a real job i'll have every evening free) it's the money *sigh*.

- Solarrin (+ Finnigen in old DAoC)
© The KGB Oracle