The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Drakiis What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/05/08 10:05 AM
List a likely build for your DFO character given assumptions on race/skills/abilities.

Mahirim of the Long Claw
Hunter build
Bow
Stealth/hiding/sneaking
Enhanced Marksmanship skills
Single Weapon two handed/one handed
duel wield
Long Daggers
Saber-like katana or "ninjato"
Light-medium armor
night sighted
tracking
see hidden
searching
endurance
speed/running
dodge/avoidance/parry
spell resists
dexterous weapon masteries
climbing
sniper skills
citical skills
ambush skills
volley firing skills

Granted its all assumption as a skill list ins't available but it helps to start thinking ahead with some sort of character concept.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/06/08 01:37 PM
I'm sure you've all guessed what Crim will be toting.

That's right - a BFP: Big Fucking Polearm.

Mostly offense style fighting, with the ability to charge, stun, and a damage shield if possible. Like you said, the list isn't entirely there, but it's easy to guess.

Definitely will be playing a Naturalist/Druidic type lightning-caller for my secondary character.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/06/08 04:53 PM
With my position in DFO, I will likely be going with some sort of meat shield for major battles.
Some sort of mage.
Posted By: Vyse Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/06/08 06:33 PM
I will be rolling a mage/tamer

however if the crafting is as good as it was originally in UO I will be going 90% crafting to assist the guild with weaponry etc.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/06/08 09:06 PM
Quote:

I'm sure you've all guessed what Crim will be toting.

That's right - a BFP: Big Fucking Polearm.

Mostly offense style fighting, with the ability to charge, stun, and a damage shield if possible. Like you said, the list isn't entirely there, but it's easy to guess.

Definitely will be playing a Naturalist/Druidic type lightning-caller for my secondary character.

Since the game is skill based why not be a all in one Crim?

A plate wearing, polearm wielding, storm calling, bad ass.

Hell, I might even pick up some magic too if requirements and skill packages allow.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/06/08 09:18 PM
nah, I'd rather put points into magic resistance/reflection/damage shield for Crim, while kicking ass with melee.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/06/08 11:04 PM
Hmm havent seen all the skills is male hooker and herbalism(got to get the coke from somewhere) in.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/06/08 11:20 PM
That depends on whether bitch slap, and pimping are skills..
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 03:55 AM
That's it. There better be some fucking brothels.
Posted By: Owain Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 04:12 AM
During the Beta, we can experiment to check out the various races and professions, but once the game goes public, I strongly suggest that EVERYONE in the KGB play the same race in the same area. In recent games, like Warhammer, for example, we have folks playing Chaos, we have folks playing orks, we have folks playing dark elves. I understand we have people playing on the other freakin' side, too. That dilutes our manpower. We have no focus.

You want to play a different race, or in a different geographic area, do it on your own time. If you want to wear the KGB tag, everybody should do it together.

I think I'm going to be the resident asshole on this kind of stuff, and that's fine. I'm here to kick ass in this game, and having people spread out all over creation gets no ass kicked.

Priorities. We need to set some, and stick to them.

As for Owain, sword and board. I'll keep 'em occupied. High dps types can kill 'em.
Quote:

I will be rolling a mage/tamer

however if the crafting is as good as it was originally in UO I will be going 90% crafting to assist the guild with weaponry etc.

No taming in Darkfall.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 07:11 AM
Quote:

During the Beta, we can experiment to check out the various races and professions, but once the game goes public, I strongly suggest that EVERYONE in the KGB play the same race in the same area. In recent games, like Warhammer, for example, we have folks playing Chaos, we have folks playing orks, we have folks playing dark elves. I understand we have people playing on the other freakin' side, too. That dilutes our manpower. We have no focus.

You want to play a different race, or in a different geographic area, do it on your own time. If you want to wear the KGB tag, everybody should do it together.

I think I'm going to be the resident asshole on this kind of stuff, and that's fine. I'm here to kick ass in this game, and having people spread out all over creation gets no ass kicked.

Priorities. We need to set some, and stick to them.

As for Owain, sword and board. I'll keep 'em occupied. High dps types can kill 'em.

Your perspective and passion are admirable qualities but I would interject that being one dimensional and lacking diversity makes a group very predictable and creates a situation where by kgb will be unable to produce strategies to effectively handle diverse situations and abilities of guilds with a varied and multi dimensional organization. While the game is skill based, some skills, prestige classes, and builds may be restricted based on race. Wahammer was a special situation where by realm verses realm was at play restricting classes, this will only be a issue with race when it comes to a starting city, however it may be possible to just journey to a central meeting place for all kgb to solve that dilemma.
Posted By: Owain Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 01:36 PM
I would hope that all races offer examples of similar careers. Some spells may be race specific, but a human mage should be pretty much the same as an orc shaman. Once the KGB gets established on DF, then we can experiment with alts. Until then, I do think we should concentrate our efforts.
Posted By: Vyse Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 01:58 PM
No taming? I thought I read you could potentially control any creature in the game. Hmmmmm I will have to read up more and then decide. I tend to lean towards necro type characters or anything that has pets. If not that then I loved my Archer in UO. Not to big on the FPS archer mode though.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 02:06 PM
I wish there were half giants in this game.
Posted By: Derid Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 03:10 PM

The way things currently look, it will be almost impossible at start to have an effective guild with people starting in different factions. This may be somehow disproven at beta, but if it holds true KGB will be one-faction guild at start.
Posted By: Vipir Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 03:14 PM
The game is built around factions, i dont think they would change it. And watching all the videos, i have not seen any cross faction grouping. So i would go with the assumption you will be going in as a chosen faction. Not sure how many races are included in a faction.
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 04:33 PM
ya from the videos it looks like there all the same faction. If that is the case start the same faction I mean you can take what skills u want. I would like to know the skill cap 7way gm or can u have more I'm pretty sure there will be a cap so you don't have one guy super uber.
Posted By: Vyse Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 04:48 PM
I read that you can only have one faction per server so the decision will have to be carefully thought out but yeah it looks like we won't have a choice if we want to stick together. I hate playing Dwarfs but since they have a large advantage in crafting..... I will go with whatever you guys decide.
Posted By: Derid Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 07:21 PM

Well its not everyone has to be same race, just same factions. There are three factions, Alliance: Human Elf Dwarf - Horde: Ork, Werewolf , Alfar: Alfar (alfalfar)

From what I know so far, KGBers are almost evenly split between the three with each faction having a group that wants to go that direction.

Though I personally lean away from Horde, not wanting to be Ork. But, the werewolves have a speed boost and can run on all 4's.. if theyre as fast as a mount, never having to buy a horse might prove a big advantage.
True, especially since your horse can be killed in battle.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 08:30 PM
Quote:

The game is built around factions, i dont think they would change it. And watching all the videos, i have not seen any cross faction grouping. So i would go with the assumption you will be going in as a chosen faction. Not sure how many races are included in a faction.

In that case, I vote human faction. Although the werewolf people look interesting, I won't be able to play as Crim so that would suck.
Posted By: Owain Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/07/08 10:52 PM
The problem we'll run into even if they allow grouping between players of different races/factions is that we shouldn't let ourselves be scattered geographically again. For example, when I log into Warhammer, we have some people questing in the Orclands, some in Chaos, some in Dark Elves. It is possible to run to a warcamp, catch a wyvern, then run somewhere else to join a group, but even though I've done it often enough, most folks apparently find it more trouble than it's worth and don't bother.

We need to find ways to enhance group cohesion rather than continue to do things that result in further dispersion.

Once we get established and people main chars are fully mission capable, then folks can experiment with alts, but I strongly feel that to start out, we need to concentrate our forces rather than dilute them.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/08/08 01:39 AM
I do apologize Owain, as always I was wrong again, I completely brain farted the factional relationships, In retrospect I agree with a concentration of membership, and while I fancy the mahirim (we prefer Wolflords over Wolf People ) for thier speed, and hunter mentality especially for stealth spec groups with a focus on the ambush and the idea of running in wolf packs seems so bitching . I will however play what ever or where ever kgb needs me.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/08/08 01:35 PM
Quote:

For example, when I log into Warhammer, we have some people questing in the Orclands, some in Chaos, some in Dark Elves. It is possible to run to a warcamp, catch a wyvern, then run somewhere else to join a group, but even though I've done it often enough, most folks apparently find it more trouble than it's worth and don't bother.

This begs the questions:

1. Why is anyone playing a game that looks and sounds just like WOW?

2. Why would anyone play the WOW clone instead of the original which is far more developed? (I don't care if the WAR PnP game was out long before Blizzard ever thought about WOW).

3. I can't possibly see how AOC was that bad to where people were willing to leave it to play an even more carebear version of WOW.

4. WTF is going on and WTF happened to everyone right after I had to stop playing AOC to go to OTS??
Posted By: Arkh Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/08/08 02:42 PM
Meat caster. A good solid melee build, some riding skill, one offensive spell and some defensive ones. Big armor, big weapon. One or two craft line skill too.
Posted By: Owain Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/08/08 05:16 PM
I quit AoC because I was still getting frequent reboot crashes from it. I don't have that problem with any other program I run. Bugged quests were also common.

Warhammer is entertaining, but it is not a PvP game really. RvR != PvP. Darkfall, I am hoping, will be a no shit PvP game, in the original UO meaning of the term.

If that is so, Darkfall will be a welcome home to me, and to the KGB as well.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: What is your ideal DFO Character? - 11/08/08 05:18 PM
Quote:

Quote:

For example, when I log into Warhammer, we have some people questing in the Orclands, some in Chaos, some in Dark Elves. It is possible to run to a warcamp, catch a wyvern, then run somewhere else to join a group, but even though I've done it often enough, most folks apparently find it more trouble than it's worth and don't bother.

This begs the questions:

1. Why is anyone playing a game that looks and sounds just like WOW?

2. Why would anyone play the WOW clone instead of the original which is far more developed? (I don't care if the WAR PnP game was out long before Blizzard ever thought about WOW).

3. I can't possibly see how AOC was that bad to where people were willing to leave it to play an even more carebear version of WOW.

4. WTF is going on and WTF happened to everyone right after I had to stop playing AOC to go to OTS??

1. For the RvR

2. Because WoW is crowded and our enemies are not playing WoW

3. number 3 isn't a question

4. The Development team dropped the ball, it was not the guild but the game that failed, after about two months of some of us more hard core sticking it out there was no population on the servers, no server mergers, no pvp patch, no gem fixes, no seige fixes, no reputation system, no risk/reward.

If you read this; http://oracle.the-kgb.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/160472

then you'll understand why everyone went and played WAR. Of the few guilds left in AoC to oppose us, there was no skill or respect to be earned in fighting against. Beating up on five man gank squads on the noob island wasn't worth it.
© The KGB Oracle