The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Drakiis Server Choice - 08/10/12 10:52 PM
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Server Choice - 08/11/12 04:39 AM
OFC not in beta (fucking SOE ;) ) but I would prefer an East Coast simply because that's where I'm located.

Call it being stingy or what have you but I could also go a Central server since we are far west enough CST is as close to far EST.

West is always rough but many KGB are west.. seems we have tons east and west so central is the best choice for all..
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Server Choice - 08/13/12 10:09 PM
This game is highly dependent on Ping, Latency and the resulting net code. I personally would not play on a server selection that put me at such a large disadvantage that the game was competitively unplayable.

It was bad enough in DFO to be at 200+ ping to the EU servers from the West Coast. At least then I knew what I was committing too before I promised my time and effort to the Faction.

You should select a server location that benefits the largest amount of active players with which to maximize your combat effectiveness. If that leaves some players pissed off, then that is the tough decisions the leader has to make and the players have to deal with or GTFO. (Yes Haters, that includes me as well)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Server Choice - 08/13/12 10:24 PM
this is a litmus test, I have a very good idea where we will end up..
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Server Choice - 08/13/12 10:40 PM
Agreed.. D and I spoke a bit more on this and we are in agreement but as well it depends on what they open for servers on release not just beta (which I'm still not in)..
Posted By: Arkh Re: Server Choice - 08/18/12 11:46 AM
I'd like an east coast server. Being in the EU it'd give me something like 100ms ping which is manageable. West coast, well I'd have to go for big vehicle play and a support role but I think PS2 will deliver even in this kind of gameplay.
Posted By: rhaikh Re: Server Choice - 09/24/12 10:18 PM
I agree with Tas.. Even 100 ping is not fun to deal with. I am probably going to play on West and honestly if we are split even between central/west we should just have two factions. I wouldn't mind going to central for big events and such, if possible.

Anyway I am just downloading the client now, I'll form a better opinion soon. But I am starting on West.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Server Choice - 09/25/12 01:05 AM
This is a old poll...there is only EU/East/West
Posted By: rhaikh Re: Server Choice - 09/26/12 05:04 AM
Cool, I just joined Metis
Posted By: Magusto Re: Server Choice - 09/28/12 12:57 AM
Hey taco, i am going to make a toon on Metis, whats ur name in game? Seems like no one else is playing atm.
© The KGB Oracle