The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Sethan Never Go Full Retard... - 05/05/15 03:01 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2015/05/04/265541/pentagon-texas-has-nothing-to.html

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015...itary-exercises

Close to losing all faith in ole Gregg Abbott. He just made a fool of himself again by giving into conspiracy theorist like that.
Posted By: Sethan Re: Never Go Full Retard... - 05/05/15 03:02 PM
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Never Go Full Retard... - 05/06/15 12:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Abbott
By monitoring the Operation on a continual basis, the State Guard will facilitate communications between my office and the commanders of the Operation to ensure that adequate measures are in place to protect Texans.

Isn't this the job of a Governor? Also, legally, didn't he have to sign off on this exercise before the armed forces could operate on American soil?

Also, US New and World Report got their info wrong. He didn't call out the National Guard. He called out the State Guard. Big difference. In most states, there isn't even formal training for the State Guard. It's just a bunch of old fat guys playing army.
Posted By: Sethan Re: Never Go Full Retard... - 05/06/15 03:03 AM
They used the words State Guard in both articles but I am not going to take up for any news outlet. Could've been changed after the fact since all of them mostly copy and paste their stories from other major news outlets.

There really is no defending how he went about this though. If he wanted to stay informed then he could have and probably already was. Like you said, he most likely signed off on all the details. So sending a bunch of *old fat guys playing army* out to appease the crazies at a town hall wasn't even remotely a good idea. Rather insulting to our military and Texas if you ask me.

If they had plans on disarming Texas then they would need to bring a fleet of special force dump trucks just to haul off my neighbor's and my guns. laugh

He did this as a political stunt and it blew up in his face. He probably had good intentions but the news picked it up and spun this into a massive shit storm.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Never Go Full Retard... - 05/06/15 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Sethan
If they had plans on disarming Texas then they would need to bring a fleet of special force dump trucks just to haul off my neighbor's and my guns. laugh

He did this as a political stunt and it blew up in his face. He probably had good intentions but the news picked it up and spun this into a massive shit storm.

This is what I figured.
Posted By: Sini Re: Never Go Full Retard... - 05/08/15 01:25 AM
He probably had good intentions.

Name one possible good intention.
Posted By: Sethan Re: Never Go Full Retard... - 05/08/15 01:53 AM

There really is no defending how he went about this though.

I can't even play devils advocate with you on this one because I don't know what he was thinking at the time. Believe it or not the government can't take over Texas because like....oh yea we voluntarily joined back in 1845.

Maybe because Chuck Norris was concerned....that's like the best I got
© The KGB Oracle